Author Topic: Doomsday Lemmings  (Read 54484 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Doomsday Lemmings (formerly known as "Zombie Project")
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »
This is a pretty cool and original pack that I feel adds something fresh and new to the Lemmings game. It's a great idea that you've expanded upon the Zombie gimmick, and this pack shows how versatile the gimmick is. Interesting choice for the music, too.

Here are my replays so far; the last level I've completed so far is Apocalypse 1.

I'm not sure if Outbreak 5, Plague 1 and Apocalypse 1 are backroutes. Also, I thought the brown terrain in Outbreak 5 was steel because of the "dots" on them.

Also, I found Plague 5 to be easy for a last-level rank. I think it should maybe be switched Plague 2, since Plague 5 doesn't require as much precision as Plague 2.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
Awesome, I'll check those out now :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 02:30:59 AM »
I've uploaded an update; this updates the engine to V1.28n, and also fixes DynaLem's backroute to Apocalypse 1 (no other levels have been changed).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 09:02:18 PM »
Forgot to upload my replay for Apocalypse 2 which came out before the new version was released. It should still work though.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:11 AM »
It will; only Apocalypse 1 has been changed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:06 AM »
Alright, this has been out long enough to reveal the cheat code.

The code is NIGHTMARES.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »
So I've played and recorded Doomsday Lemmings in the last couple of days!

Enjoy and hopefully I didn't break too many level  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14NxXPp_4k     (first vid)

At the end of the recording I forgot that I turned down my headset volume a bit for NeoLemmix, so the videos are a bit louder than my Lemmini ones  :-[
I must still get used to record NeoLemmix stuff. It took a while to get everything working and for the next NeoLemmix series I will probably turn down the volume a bit again, but for this reason I choosed a little pack for the beginning and not the big ones.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »
Awesome! :D I look forward to seeing the rest of your solutions!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 07:10:31 PM »
By the way, I put the level images up on the NeoLemmix website now.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
Re: Doomsday Lemmings
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 12:15:54 AM »
I finally downloaded this game today, my solutions are attached! :)

I noticed in Outbreak 5: "Cursed Affliction" that zombies are contagious even through 3 pixel wide walls when I dug two holes next to each other at first. :P But it's maybe understandable.
Outbreak 2: "Haunted Pier", Plague 3: "Take One For The Team" and Plague 5: "Terror Cove" were pretty nice levels! Apocalypse 2: "Infection Bypass" was my least favourite one, the execution was somewhat frustrating there. :P
I don't know why the exit didn't open in Apocalypse 5: "One Last Lemming" (maybe you're supposed to be doomed at the end of the game :P) and other Apocalypse levels I suspect backrouting and neglecting to use the gimmick.
What does the text say in Plague 1: "Cycle Of Undeath", by the way?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:35 AM »
I finally downloaded this game today, my solutions are attached! :)

I noticed in Outbreak 5: "Cursed Affliction" that zombies are contagious even through 3 pixel wide walls when I dug two holes next to each other at first. :P But it's maybe understandable.
Outbreak 2: "Haunted Pier", Plague 3: "Take One For The Team" and Plague 5: "Terror Cove" were pretty nice levels! Apocalypse 2: "Infection Bypass" was my least favourite one, the execution was somewhat frustrating there. :P
I don't know why the exit didn't open in Apocalypse 5: "One Last Lemming" (maybe you're supposed to be doomed at the end of the game :P) and other Apocalypse levels I suspect backrouting and neglecting to use the gimmick.
What does the text say in Plague 1: "Cycle Of Undeath", by the way?

Apocalypse 5 can be beaten. Hint:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've got a nice minimal frustrating solution with a spare blocker and more lemmings saved as you needed for Apocalypse 2 just check my channel if my uploads reach that level.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 12:56:15 AM »
As you suspected, the solutions for Apocalypse (except Apocalypse 2) are backroutes; quite major ones too, so I guess I'm going to have to do another update at some point soon. :P

Your solution to Plague 5 is also a very minor backroute, but IMO it's small enough (and similar enough to the intended solution) that it can be left there; the only real difference is that your solution avoids needing the Swimmer.

And as IchoTolot mentions, Apocalypse 5 is definitely beatable.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »
The final level got me too... I put down the game for a couple of days and then it hit me when I tried the level again :D

I've solved all the levels but didn't take replays... will rectify that if I get a moment.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 09:09:03 AM »
Rectified :) (see attached)