Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131330 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2023, 02:22:49 PM »
I have now allowed www.neolemmix.com on both my AdBlocker and Antivirus software, and still get just a "tab open-close" upon clicking any of the links.

One thing I noticed is that if I right-click a link and choose "copy link address", and then paste this address into a new tab, it downloads the file.

I'm making this link just to double check if I can get it to work - EDIT. Yeah, it doesn't work...

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 04, 2023, 05:55:42 AM »
Hi namida,

I have completed the first two ranks of LPO2. Replays attached and of course some feedback. Also, you already know, but for anyone else who's interested, here's my LP

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJtmylOFBwlFaSELAAa5I9Mx. Enjoy! :P

General Feedback

LPO2 is currently the third-to-last pack (with LPVI and LPA after, though there could be a LPVII in the future) in the Lemmings Plus series, as well as the second pack in the Omega series and sequel to LPO. Unlike other packs, LPO2 has a total of 70 levels across four ranks with an unequal number of levels: The first two ranks, Fluffy and Coarse, have 15 levels each, while the last two ranks, Spiky and Sharp, have 20 levels each. Currently, I'm nearly halfway through the Spiky rank, and will absolutely look forward to the remaining levels of the pack and seeing if I can get them solved! :thumbsup: Namida classes the pack's difficulty as extreme , but so far I haven't felt that's been the case, though that's probably because I have yet to be in the extremely difficult parts of the pack.

So far, this pack is quite high on my favorites list! :thumbsup: No doubt that I will definitely be struggling a lot pretty soon, though it's possible that I might just rip through the remainder of the pack. Who knows, but we'll see ;)

Fluffy Rank Feedback

The first rank of LPO2, in my experiences I would have to say the levels here are comparable in difficulty to the first rank of LPV. IMHO these levels felt a bit easier than those LPV levels, key word being "felt." Most definitely the hardest level of the rank I say would have to be Fluffy 10, as I really struggled here, though that's before I stopped to think about how to go about the level by logical deduction. Once I did that, then I saw that it's not super hard at all. The only other level that took a while here was Fluffy 15, but that's because I immediately went for the challenge solution of saving everyone, including all cloners. If you don't go for this, then it's a very easy level for the rank finisher, as you only need to save 1.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coarse Rank Feedback

Levels are just a tad bit harder here, but IMO not a whole lot harder than the ones in the previous rank. Coarse 14 is probably the hardest level of the rank, though I've already used solution elements to solve a level from Crane's Cranium Preview pack before, and hence the only reason I got stuck here was due to that solution escaping me for a long time :XD: So, it's not a very hard level but it's still challenging IMO since it's a hard to see solution.

Lots of great levels in this rank! :thumbsup:

As of this post, I'm currently up at Spiky 9 and most definitely look forward to the remaining challenges and seeing if I can get through the ones that even other solving greats couldn't solve and eventually falling a bit short of solving all the pack! :thumbsup: Thanks again for the luck :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:05:27 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2023, 07:41:11 AM »
Spiky rank completed. Back with more replays and feedback ;)

Spiky Rank Feedback

In contrast to the previous two ranks, the levels here present a huge difficulty spike. As such, the levels in this rank are tough, though I managed to breeze through the first half with not too much problems. It's the second half where the levels really tested me and I absolutely felt the pack getting really hard. Even then, I surprised myself by saving them much faster than I thought I would. It was really the final 5 where those took some time, with the rank finisher taking the longest.

In any case, a lot of great levels in this rank and LPO2 still remains quite high as one of my favorite packs! :thumbsup:

All rightie, made it to the final rank of Sharp. I better brace myself for the hardest levels the pack has to offer. Now, the quest begins to see if I can solve the levels in this rank that some other solving greats couldn't. Can I do it? Tune in and find out if this will be the rank that will also defeat me, or if I'll survive the onslaught and make it to the end to join the short list of those who have completed the pack, which I know includes Icho, Armani, and joshescue. Wish me luck (though namida already did so before I even began the LP)!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2023, 04:57:38 AM »
Sharp completed and hence I have solved all of LPO2 :thumbsup: My entire replay collection is attached.

Sharp Rank Feedback

The final rank of the pack and hence these should be the hardest levels of the pack. Indeed, a lot of these levels are quite hard, some of the hardest I've ever played from namida. However, overall I didn't struggle as long as I thought I would on them, with Sharp 18 taking the longest before I solved it, which IMO is the hardest level by namida, even more than Wasted Talent from Lemmings Plus Alpha. At the same time, I absolutely enjoyed the challenges in this rank, and there are plenty of remarkable gems! :thumbsup:

The hardest Sharp levels IMO are Sharp 3 (whether Old Formats with radiation or not), Sharp 7, Sharp 9, Sharp 11, Sharp 13, Sharp 16, and Sharp 18. Don't get me wrong, I still found other levels in the rank hard, but not as much as the ones I've listed.

My favorites: Sharp 2, Sharp 6, Sharp 7, Sharp 10, Sharp 11, Sharp 12, Sharp 15, Sharp 18, and Sharp 20

As I have completely solved LPO2, I have joined the short list of those who have done the same, which includes Icho, Armani, and joshescue. So, we have found out that the answer is a definitive "yes, kaywhyn can solve the pack instead of getting stopped dead in its tracks in the Sharp rank." I thought Nepster was another one who was able to solve Sharp 18, as I saw a replay of the level in his collection, but now I understand that he didn't once I read the spoilers after I finished the pack. Also, as mentioned plenty of times, this pack goes straight onto my favorites list! :thumbsup: One of the best level packs I've played and solved in a very long time. Interestingly enough, Nepsterlems remains as the only really hard pack I haven't completed, since I've been stuck on Black Hole 1 for almost 3 years. I hope to change that soon, but I don't know how long it'll be before I finally get it solved.

I will have to say that IMO LPO2 is a bit harder than LPA. The Obliteration rank, the final rank in the latter, honestly wasn't that bad, though it's most likely due to how I've backrouted a lot of the levels if my memory serves me right :P Sure, I went through both packs quite quick, but that doesn't mean I found the packs easy by any means. With LPO2, I certainly starting feeling the high difficulty once I got into Spiky, as I felt a huge increase in the difficulty from the get-go with Spiky 1. Overall, the Spiky rank wasn't so bad, but definitely around the middle and end it did get quite hard. Then comes along Sharp, where they tested me even more than Spiky. They're an even bigger step up in difficulty from Spiky, culminating in the very hard Sharp 18 (which is harder than Obliteration 14 IMO), but as mentioned before so many favorites of mine in both ranks! :thumbsup: 

Great job with LPO2 namida, and I will absolutely look forward to taking on the remaining packs of the series, LPVI and LP3D, in the future! :thumbsup: Hope you enjoy the rest of my LP whenever you get a chance to watch more ;) That reminds me, I need to get video solutions up to LPA sometime! Will get them up as soon as I can and whenever I'm able to in the upcoming days.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2023, 05:19:48 AM »
Hello namida,

I have completed the first two ranks of LPVI. Replays attached and of course some feedback ;) In addition, I also have an LP of the pack:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJsNVlgF7uQwPHw28A59y8Yx Enjoy! :P

General Feedback

Not counting the Omega packs or Holiday Plus, LPVI is the sixth pack of the main Lemmings Plus series, after all the packs LPI up through LPV. Here, the difficulty of LPVI is intentionally dialed back after some users have complained about LPV and LPO2, the two packs before LPVI chronologically, being too hard. They're right about that of course, but there are also some users, like me, who love hard levels in the game of Lemmings and therefore didn't mind the high difficulty of the packs. Let me reiterate that while I prefer hard levels, the truth is I love levels of all difficulties, and easy levels are certainly a welcome sight after playing nothing but hard levels for a while.

In regards to the pack structure, LPVI is slightly longer than either LPV and LPO2, though not by much. The former has 80 levels across 4 ranks of 20 levels each, while the latter have 75 and 70 levels, respectively. LPVI features 3 new tilesets: Garden, Bridge, and Basement. I've already played some levels in the latter two before playing LPVI, while I think LPVI is the very first time I'm playing levels in the Garden graphic set. I'm still learning what is what in each graphic set, such as what is steel, traps, etc. Nevertheless, these graphic sets are amazing :thumbsup: I've also mentioned that so far I've only made levels in two of namida's tilesets, Abstract and Psychedelic. I'm going to have to go some of the others of his a try sometime :laugh:

In regards to quality, namida considers LPVI the best one. So far, I absolutely agree with his self-assessment of it, particularly since he gave me the suggestion of going for the talismans for this pack. Many are very interesting rather than, in namida's words, "do them perfectly." I've been able to obtain every single one thus far, so we'll see how I fare with the remaining ones in the final two ranks. If you know me, I in general don't care for talismans, but here I'm honoring namida's suggestion of doing the talismans, therefore that's why I'm going for them. After this pack, I generally won't go out of my way to get them for other packs I play, usually only getting them by accident when I see on the post-results screen that I obtained one.

As already noted by Icho in the release topic of LPVI, a lot of these levels are quite small in size, though I haven't noticed the size as much as being able to complete many levels in under a minute. So really, in a way LPVI is very similar to NepsterLems in this regard of many small in size levels, though maybe not as difficult as the latter.

Finally, in regards to my completion of the series, LPVI is the only NL pack of the series I have left. Once this is finished, only LP3D remains, but that is a custom pack for L3D, not NL. Instead, there's Loap for that, which I've be using to play the pack when I get to it, maybe near the end of the year :) I think this is also the shortest amount of time between playing one pack and the next in the series, though maybe it's tied with the time between me playing LPI and LPII. I'm not sure, I'll need to check.

Sane Rank Feedback

As usual, the pack starts easy but it already does get difficult very quickly even in the first rank. Indeed, after seeing and solving Sane 14 via the talisman, I now understood why people will struggle even in the first rank. It's true that while LPVI isn't as hard as either LPV or LPO2, it doesn't mean that LPVI will be a complete pushover. If anything, LPVI's difficulty is probably somewhere between that of LPIV and both LPIII/LPV. I'll need to go through the entire pack first to be more certain of that, but so far it does seem to fit in between the packs listed in regards to difficulty.

In any case, there wasn't anything too particularly difficult in the Sane rank for me, other than I really struggled with both Sane 9's and Sane 19's talismans. In the case of the former, not so surprisingly I really overcomplicated it, as there are much easier ways, while for the latter my solution is pretty much the exact same as Icho's. I also completely overlooked the normal solution to Sane 14 :laugh:

I got taken by surprise that the rocks in the Garden tileset are steel, as shown in my LP with Sane 1. I'll need to keep this in mind!

Funny that for Sane 3 and Sane 9

I find it really amazing that I generally overlook the really simple stuff a lot. As someone once told me, I seem to get the really hard parts of the solution very quickly, while I tend to overlook the easy stuff.

My favorites of the rank: Sane 13, Sane 14, and Sane 17

Loopy Rank Feedback

Being the second rank, the levels here are a tad bit harder than the ones in the Sane rank. Even then, other than Loopy 18 possibly being the hardest of  the rank though it's mostly a somewhat hard level, the Loopy rank wasn't a problem for me generally.

Favorites of the rank: Loopy 6, Loopy 8, Loopy 12 (a bit too excessive in the repetitive skill assignments for my liking, but the puzzle's great), Loopy 14, Loopy 17, and Loopy 20.

I'm looking forward to the remaining levels in the final two ranks. So far, I've solved up through Manic 4, and just like with Spiky 1 of LPO2, I immediately felt a huge increase in the difficulty with Manic 1. However, I do declare the talisman for Manic 1 the best one of the pack thus far :thumbsup: Though maybe Sane 14's is, but if not then a pretty close second.

Happy to hear you're enjoying my LP as usual! :)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2023, 08:25:30 PM »
Manic rank solved and so back with more replays and feedback ;)

Manic Rank Feedback

Even harder levels in this rank, and still plenty of small size levels, though there's a really wide level here and there too. Similar to the Spiky rank of LPO2, I immediately felt a huge increase in the difficulty right from the get-go with Manic 1. Indeed, the challenge solution took me a while to figure it out, and I even came up a skill short at one point! At the same time, as already previously mentioned I consider it one of the best talisman solutions, though maybe Sane 14's is, but if not then a close second.

Only the final rank of Delirious remains! Getting close to the end with just 20 levels left. Once more I continue to enjoy this pack very much. Looking forward to taking on the final rank! :thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2023, 11:46:55 PM »
Delirious rank completed and I have therefore solved all of LPVI :thumbsup: My entire set of replays are attached (includes all talismans :)) and final set of feedback incoming :)

Delirious Rank Feedback

Being the final rank of the pack, these are expected to be the hardest LPVI has to offer. Honestly, I went through this rank far faster than I thought I would, especially as I didn't expect it to be conquered very quickly. Once again, it doesn't mean that I found the Delirious rank easy by any means. Quite the contrary. I had far more trouble with some of the earlier levels of the rank than I did the later levels. It's almost like some in the second half can switch with the ones in the first half, though it's probably because I might had backrouted some of them, maybe on some which should be far harder than expected if the intended solution is completely enforced. Nevertheless, there were still some great gems in this rank

Favorites of the rank: Delirious 4, Delirious 8, Delirious 10, Delirious 15, Delirious 16, and Delirious 18. Delirious 11 would be on there too, but I liked some of the other ones in the previous series better ;)

Hardest of the rank: Delirious 3, Delirious 5, Delirious 6 (especially if going for the talisman, though not as much if not), Delirious 9, Delirious 12, and Delirious 15. Delirious 19 can certainly qualify due to the very strict time limit, in addition to a somewhat hard to find a solution.

All rightie, it was a very long journey, but with the completion of LPVI, I have finished all NL packs of the series, including Lemmings Plus Alpha, which again I completed from way back in September 2020. This therefore saddens me, as I really enjoyed every subsequent pack more and more as I got further into the series. However, there's still Lemmings Plus 3D, which isn't a NL pack but a custom pack for the game Lemmings 3D. I'll eventually play it, perhaps near the end of the year. I definitely look forward to that, as I found that I enjoyed Lemmings 3D when I played it for the first time last summer.

Sometime in the Manic rank, I thought maybe LPVI would indeed replace LPO2 as my most favorite pack of the series. However, I later realized I like both LPO2 and LPVI for different reasons. I like the former for the high difficulty, while the latter for the huge variety in the puzzles, especially the talismans, which are indeed more than just "do things perfectly" for the most part. namida must be quite happy I went for them, and indeed I'm glad he suggested I go for them, particularly as I don't care for them in general. Nevertheless, this does mean that even though I obtained all of them for LPVI, there's no guarantee that I'll get the others in other level packs. I'll pretty much obtain them by accident, when the post-results screen tells me I got one, as I won't be opening to read them in general.

Thanks so much for LPVI namida. I absolutely enjoyed it, but I really do hope you find the will and motivation to continue working on LPVII. I definitely love to see more packs from you :) However, if you don't, I will certainly respect that. There's still plenty of other content to keep me busy, especially as there will unquestionably be more packs made in the future from others.

Finally, thank you especially for all your coding work of NL! :thumbsup: