Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131266 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix V12 / V10] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2018, 06:09:06 AM »
Lemmings Plus III and Lemmings Plus Omega are both done.

I don't intend to convert the Flashbacks packs, I might make a new one based on the same concept but spanning the entire series (including LPV and LPO2, which currently have no representation in the Flashbacks pack).

Lemmings Plus IV, V and OmegaII will come later. Probably not today.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2018, 01:57:46 AM »
Lemmings Plus IV is now updated.

Similar to LPIII and Omega, this one has a fair few changes.

I listed them somewhere earlier in the topic, but I'll copy/paste it here too now that there's actual releases:

- LPIII, Timid 12 "A Digger Would Be Handy" replaced with prior Fierce 16 "Symmetrical Warfare" (minus the radiation). In turn, the skillset has been adjusted to make the level much easier.
- LPIII, Rough 4 "I'm Going To Try Science!" has almost the same layout (radiation removed, one terrain piece added) but a completely new solution.
- LPIII, Rough 15 "Lem Particle" now has a pickup skill bomber to replace the radiation.
- LPIII, Fierce 16 "Symmetrical Warfare" as mentioned above. No level has replaced it; Fierce now just has 16 levels like the other ranks instead of 17.

- LPIV, Smooth 10 "It's Opposite Day!" has been replaced with an entirely new level.
- LPIV, Bumpy 2 "Cosmic Ray Zone" has a completely new solution.
- LPIV, Bumpy 17 "Lem Your Lem Could Smell Like", instead of replacing the radiation (as it was semi-trap but specifically relied on the lemming surviving a bit longer), has some terrain changes.
- LPIV, Twisted 14 "A Universal Production" has a new solution that's strongly inspired by the original one.
- LPIV, Insane 4 "Ooh, Shiny!" has been replaced with a semi-new level (it's actually a Wasteland graphic set remake of "Gotcha Again!", originally in Lemmings Plus III Bonus Pack).

- LPO, Puzzling 24 "I Swear Upon A Lemming" has a new solution that slightly resembles the original one.
- LPO, Perplexing 9 "Stone System" has adopted the old talisman solution (with slight changes) as the new main solution.
- LPO, Mental 14 "Something For A Lemming To Do" has been replaced with "The Strange Construct", originally from Lemmings Plus III Bonus Pack.

Note that the "namida_special" folder in "styles" in the LPIII and LPIV downloads, only contain the pieces needed for the specific pack. So, extract both. I believe that (for whatever reason) NeoLemmix's default styles ZIP also includes namida_special, but there is at least one wrongly-named file in it, and I have made some additions during this conversion, so use the copies from the downloads, don't rely on the included-with-NeoLemmix ones.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:04:40 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2018, 02:58:02 AM »
Lemmings Plus V is now updated. This just leaves Lemmings Plus Omega II to go. :D
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2018, 03:51:02 AM »
Alright, all Lemmings Plus packs are now updated! :)

Note that the level images on the NeoLemmix website are not yet updated, due to that the new version of NeoLemmix doesn't have the "mass image dump" feature. For the most part they're close enough anyway.

I've also added a "Download All" link to the first post. This might save a bit of time if you want to get all of them anyway, as some music files are duplicated otherwise (eg: there's one track used by both LPIII and LPIV, several used by both LPIII and LPO, and almost all LPO2 tracks are also in either LPIV or LPV). The content is identical to the standalone download versions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:01:05 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2018, 04:22:34 AM »
Okay so, I've gone ahead and made a new collection pack. This features 80 levels from the Lemmings Plus series, including all but two of the levels that were previously in the Lemmings Plus Flashbacks packs. Recommended for those who've been wanting to give the series a go but weren't sure which pack to play (or wanted to play all the packs in general, but didn't want to actually play all 671 levels as such).
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2018, 08:38:25 PM »
I finished Lemmings Plus III.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2018, 10:26:00 PM »
Nicely done. Almost all of those are intended solutions (or variations thereof). The only one that was quite backroutey was your talisman solution to "Synergistic Effect".
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »
I finished Lemmings Plus IV.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2018, 05:08:11 AM »
Your solution to Smooth 14 shouldn't've gotten the talisman. That appears to be a mistake in the level file; it should be save 29 IIRC - I'll have to double-check this sometime. In and of itself, it's a very creative solution. :)

Your solution to Insane 17 was very unique! :D Not a backroute, as that one's an "if it works, it's valid" type level, but it's definitely different from other solutions I've seen.

There's a few other levels where the solutions were backroutes, most notably Bumpy 9. (Also Twisted 4, but I think almost everyone found a backroute there.) Most of these are intended or acceptable solutions though.
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
I finished Lemmings Plus IV.
Did you notice that I finished Lemmings Plus I and Lemmings Plus II?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2018, 09:24:58 PM »
I did see your posts about the first two, but didn't have time at the time to check the replays. I will get around to it eventually.

I just went through the LPV ones. There's a few levels where your solutions were backroutes, but most such levels were already known to be very backroute-prone.

Also, impressive time on the final level. It's about 30 seconds better than the previous record (my own, 12:21), as far as I know.
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2018, 09:43:20 PM »
I finished Lemmings Plus Omega.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2018, 03:16:00 AM »
I'll watch Omega soon; but I got through your Lemmings Plus I replays. Most solutions were as intended, or on levels that were known to have backroutes. Your talisman solutions to Mild 30 and Wimpy 25 were somewhat unique, and I also really liked your solution to Danger 7. I also found it interesting that you used the double-bridged-miner approach on Psycho 11; while it's certianly a valid solution, there are less-tricky-to-execute solutions to it too. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2018, 04:05:40 AM »
Lemmings Plus II:

Nicely done on Nice 3's talisman. Most solutions I've seen have relied on precise timing; your careful use of terrain was very interesting. :) Your Cheeky 1 talisman solution is also by far the most direct solution I've seen, most are much more roundabout than that.

Sneaky 18 was a very interesting one. Your solution was somewhat different to the intended solution, yet felt very much like it was in the same spirit as the intended way. :)

Genius 16, 19 and 20 were backroutes, to varying degrees. While Genius 16 and 20 are likely ones that just managed to slip under the radar the entire time LPII was still being updated, I think Genius 19 is due to removal of the time limit - I should maybe consider restoring it on that level. (If I remember correctly, it was 3 minutes, though might have been 4.) Although I don't know for sure if restoring the time limit would prevent your backroute, or just make it much more fiddly to execute.
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »
I finished Lemmings Plus Omega II.