Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131267 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2016, 12:31:49 AM »
LPIII, LPIV and LPF2 have all been updated to use graphic set mixing instead of VGASPECs (allowing their special levels to be played on recent experimentals and future versions).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2016, 08:49:25 AM »
Lemmings Plus III, IV, V and Omega have been updated to have the correctly-formatted-for-V1.48 skill panel.

Lemmings Plus V's update also brings one backroute fix, for Outrageous 12 "Plan Bee".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2016, 01:41:13 PM »
Started to upload LP V today on my channel. :)

Link to the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wR1WoHvc2U

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2016, 12:00:07 AM »
What songs are used in the machine levels of LPV?
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »
asked namida about machine2.xm the other day and he's not sure what that track was called, he just told me where he got it from.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2016, 04:20:00 AM »
I've edited the second post in the topic to list the sources of the musics in the Lemmings Plus packs. Hope that helps. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »
Concerning compatibility with the V10.011.XXX update: All replays (including talismans) have been tested against this version. Two replays failed (both in Omega), but this just required new replays, not any changes to the levels themself.

So, I won't update the NXPs just yet; but the compatibility warnings can be ignored. :)

EDIT: Actually, I will make an update for Lemmings Plus IV, to make use of the two background choices for the Wasteland set as well as to remove the backgrounds from the special graphics levels (where they're otherwise really out-of-place). This update doesn't change anything functionally, only graphically.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:18:32 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »
I've uploaded the Lemmings Plus IV update.

In addition to making use of the two backgrounds options (and not having backgrounds on the special graphics levels), I also changed the music system to one similar to Lemmings Plus V's (ie: the musics relate to the graphic set, rather than a general rotation). Don't ask why, I'm not going to answer that yet. There's no special music for the final level of each rank anymore, but there is still a special music for the final level of the pack and for the special graphics levels (except Luck Of The Draw, which didn't have a special music in the first place). All the existing musics (except the rank-final one which was removed) are still in there, and there's three new additions too so that each set has two tracks.

The update remains compatible with V1.48(-B) and V10.010.XXX, so you can use it even if you haven't updated. You won't get the backgrounds on the older NeoLemmix version though (you will still get the new music).

EDIT: Lemmings Plus Flashbacks II has also been updated to reflect the changes in Lemmings Plus IV.

In other Lemmings Plus news... in all honesty, I'm just not finding Lemmings Plus Twists as fun to work on as I thought I would. So I don't know if I'm going to go ahead with this project, or just release the small amount of content I already have (almost all of which is just "the repeats from the old LPII / LPIII Bonus Packs that still work on new NeoLemmix versions").

But with that being said, I've begun work on another new project that'll be much more fun to work on, and in the few hours since I started on that I've already achieved far more than I have on Twists since I announced it. For now, the only thing I'll say about this project is that it is not Lemmings Plus VI, but is a Lemmings Plus pack.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:09:36 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2016, 11:05:28 AM »
Work on this new project is going quite well, with nearly 20% of intended number of levels already reached. :) I'll probably do an official reveal in the near future, and if you're lucky you may already be able to find some information around...
My Lemmings projects

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2016, 04:06:05 PM »
How have you done so much so fast!? It takes me at least a week to make a single level!
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2016, 03:59:08 AM »
Now I've reached exactly 20%! :)

As for how I make them so fast - there's no single answer. Sometimes I'm just in level making mood, so I'll open the editor and mess around until a good level comes out. Other times (such as with both of the levels that I've made so far today), I get the idea when doing something completely unrelated, and work it into a level. In some cases, the ideas even come as a result of backroutes or attempts on other levels, including sometimes those that I see people try on my levels.

One very mix-and-match case - a level I made called "Worker Segregation" was inspired by something I saw Flopsy do in a failed attempt on one of the levels in mobius's contest. I then found a completely different solution to this new level, and made it a Part 1 / Part 2 type deal. Then, Part 2 - the one that was originally inspired by Flopsy's attempt on another level - proved too backroutey, so I abandoned that level altogether (and renamed Part 1 to just "Worker Segregation"), and created a new level altogether, "Lem 51" - which appears to be far more solid - based on the original idea (and I honestly think "Lem 51" may be one of my best levels yet).

I think the most extreme case was with Lemmings Plus II. A 100 level pack, including 5 new graphic sets - at a time when no graphic set editing tools existed, so I had to make that too - within 3 weeks. And quite a few people have said it's my best pack. Even I don't know how I managed that one.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 04:25:13 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »
Uploaded an update V2.04 for Lemmings Plus IV, which fixes some splatpads which were positioned incorrectly and thus non-functional on Bumpy 17. I have zero idea how that managed to slip under the radar for so long, but it's fixed now.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2016, 12:18:51 PM »
Hi, my solutions so far for LPV, I played most of the first four ratings to get some ideas for Level of the Year nominations. I haven't checked beyond Outrageous 1 yet. As I said in IRC, I suspect backrouting some stuff in the fourth rating, because the third rating felt harder in some parts.

So far I've been liking this pack a lot, I even think that your packs get more and more enjoyable and you still have nice puzzle ideas left. Also you exploit new features well creating some completely new puzzles that at least so far haven't felt too bizarre or unfair. :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »
Uploaded V2.02 update for Lemmings Plus V.

There's two sets of three-way reordering:
Touchy 6 to Touchy 7; Touchy 7 to Touchy 8; Touchy 8 to Touchy 6
Edgy 9 to Edgy 13; Edgy 13 to Unruly 3; Unruly 3 to Edgy 9

There's also a few levels with backroute fixes (based on new positions where applicable):
Touchy 8 "World is a LEMMING"
Touchy 9 "Dangerous Detour"
Edgy 13 "The "What The Lemming?" Machine"
Unruly 2 "Quick Skip (Part 2)"
Unruly 6 "Escape Cart"
Unruly 10 "Feeling Shafted"
Unruly 12 "All About The Moves, Baby!"
Outrageous 3 "Drunk On Colors"
Outrageous 12 "Plan Bee"

New update requires NeoLemmix V10.011.XXX. Also note that I haven't updated the solution replays yet (though most of the existing ones work anyway) as some of the replays I've made for the updated levels are in the V10.012.XXX format, and thus useless to anyone using the stable version rather than the experimental.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2017, 04:20:43 PM »
All packs updated for NeoLemmix V10.12.XX.

The update for Flashbacks 2 also includes the fix to "Lem Your Lem Could Smell Like" in LPIV that was updated recently; I forgot to update Flashbacks 2 before.
My Lemmings projects