Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131354 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Fangames] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2016, 02:09:11 AM »
Cunning 20 "Secrets of the Lemmings" is missing from the Recycle Bin.

Also, I'm wondering if you should change the title of Genius 18 "An Unexpected Journey." The only purpose of the title was to show that "A Little Breather" was suddenly replaced by that level when you updated LPII to NeoLemmix. But since "A Little Breather" has returned, the title should be changed.

Re: Cunning 20, I'll add it. (EDIT: Done.)
Re: Genius 18, nah, it can stay as-is. That's what the name was a reference to, but it still works as a level name in general too.

I'm removing them because I plan to remove that feature from NeoLemmix eventually. But I will release a seperate NXP with all the removed levels. :) It just might not work properly on future versions of NeoLemmix.
Hm, that's a shame. I guess I should've downloaded them ahead of time. Is there a topic about this change?

It's being discussed over on the Bugs & Suggestions subforum. But even if they don't end up getting removed, over time I've started having stronger feelings against them, so I'd prefer them removed from my packs either way.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 11:29:51 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2016, 04:28:15 AM »
I remember this post when this was initially going to be your sequel to LPI/LPDOS.

I know some of the levels in LPDOS 2 made it to LPI. If there are any leftover levels of LPDOS 2, should those go in the Recycle Bin?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2016, 06:06:27 AM »
I remember this post when this was initially going to be your sequel to LPI/LPDOS.

I know some of the levels in LPDOS 2 made it to LPI. If there are any leftover levels of LPDOS 2, should those go in the Recycle Bin?

Theoretically; however I've long since lost those that weren't added into LPI.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2016, 03:33:33 PM »
Some more NeoLemmix website typos:

The Nice level images are still listed as Mild 1, Mild 2, etc.

In the Dodgy level images, Dodgy 6 is still called "Frantic Frenzy".

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2016, 03:55:38 PM »
Fixed both. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2016, 08:15:29 AM »
I've decided to go back through LPI / LPII / LPIII and remove the majority of the time limits (since these packs predate the infinite time option, and I never bothered before now to update them to conform to the modern standard of generally not using limits).

Lemmings Plus I is done. All levels have their time limits removed, except the following (which have the same time limits they always had):

Mild 26 "No Salvation I"
Wimpy 7 "No Salvation II"
Wimpy 22 "Fast enough?"
Medi 13 "No Salvation III"
Medi 23 "This is..."
Medi 30 "Consider Everything..."
Danger 2 "Metal Lands"
Danger 6 "Alternative Logic"
Danger 11 "The Warp Room"
Danger 16 "Grounded!"
Danger 17 "Perfectionism"
Danger 18 "The Buildo Station"
Danger 20 "No Salvation IV"
Danger 21 "It's The Latest Craze!"
Danger 24 "Find A Way Out!"
Danger 29 "Pipeline Problem"
PSYCHO 2 "The Parking Lot"
PSYCHO 3 "Express Lane"
PSYCHO 4 "Think Outside The Square!"
PSYCHO 7 "Turn Back With Care"
PSYCHO 13 "Go High Go Low"
PSYCHO 16 "Crosswork"
PSYCHO 20 "No Time To Die"
PSYCHO 25 "Bullet Lemming"
PSYCHO 27 "No Time To Die (Part 2)"
PSYCHO 29 "No Salvation V"

Similar updates to LPII and LPIII won't be far away. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2016, 08:41:54 AM »
Lemmings Plus II updated.

As well as the time limit removal, I made two other changes:
1. Some backroute fixes to Genius 16 "Desert Quest". I know I'm generally not backroute-fixing the older packs, but I made an exception here. Sue me. :P
2. Swapped Cheeky 10 "Time For Plan B" with Sneaky 4 "Camp of Curses".

The levels that still have time limits (all of which retain their previous time limits) are:

Nice 18 "MEGALEMMINGS!"
Cheeky 19 "The Road To Nowhere"
Sneaky 2 "Ascenario"
Sneaky 3 "Tall Tales"
Sneaky 10 "Drought Season"
Sneaky 13 "When Only A Lemming Will Do"
Cunning 1 "Right-Tuned Lemming"
Cunning 6 "Cleverbash"
Cunning 7 "Left-Tuned Lemming"
Cunning 11 "Dam You!"
Cunning 13 "Fine-Tuned Lemming"
Cunning 16 "Look Closely!"
Cunning 20 "Another Way Down"
Genius 10 "Still No Time To Die"
Genius 14 "Minimalistic Approach"
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2016, 08:59:16 AM »
Lemmings Plus III updated. Now all that's left is to make the corresponding changes to Flashbacks.

Levels that retain time limits in LPIII (once again, it's a matter of "existing time limit, or no time limit at all"):
Dodgy 7 "Experimental Materials"
Dodgy 8 "Flying On Broken Wings"
Dodgy 11 "Dreamy Drift"
Rough 1 "Viva Las Lemmine"
Rough 6 "The Lemming Redemption"
Rough 15 "Lem Particle"
Fierce 1 "Dead Is The New Black"
Fierce 6 "Double-Crosser"
Fierce 8 "No Time To Die Even Now"
Fierce 17 "The Final Stand"

Lemmings Plus Flashbacks has also been updated to correspond with these changes.
I also updated Omega to no longer mark the preplaced lemmings in Perplexing 29 as zombies. On current versions of NeoLemmix this doesn't matter anyway, because the level doesn't have the Zombie gimmick set; but it will matter for future versions. There's no other changes to Omega aside from this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:05:42 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2016, 04:45:23 PM »
Awesome! The revamped updates to Lemmings Plus I-III are a huge improvement! :thumbsup:

These levels should be included in the Recycle Bin. Also, since the Recycle Bin now has Doomsday Lemmings levels, would it be better to have a completely new topic for the Recycle Bin? (Especially since you have levels from the NeoCustLemmix New Skills Tutorial "If It Ain't Broke, Unfix It", "Stone Hot Sacrifice" and "Master of the System" and some potential NeoLemmix Introduction Pack levels to add there).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:59:20 PM by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2016, 11:25:14 PM »
I don't see the need to include those. One of them was remade almost-as-is (pretty much just a different graphic set) in Lemmings Plus II, and the other is just a 20-of-each easier version of it. In other cases where the level was reused in a slightly modified state, I haven't included them either (eg. Lemming Collider, A Little Breather, Heads In The Sky). Likewise, all the levels from the former new skills tutorial pack were included (possibly in a remade state) in either NeoLemmix Introduction Pack or Lemmings Plus Omega, with the exception of "If If Ain't Broke, Unfix It" - that one probably should be added to the recycle bin.

I don't see the need to make a dedicated topic for a pack of discarded levels. But now that it has DDLII levels too, I renamed it to "namida's Recycle Bin" rather than "Lemmings Plus Recycle Bin".
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2016, 12:11:11 AM »
Since it looks like Fake/Invisible Objects are being removed, how will this overall affect LPIV Smooth 10 "It's Opposite Day!" ?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2016, 02:18:06 AM »
That - and two other levels, "Leap of Faith" from LPI and "404: Exit Not Found" from LPII - will most likely need to be replaced with entirely new levels. In the case of LPI and LPII, something from the Recycle Bin (probably in a somewhat modified form in the latter's case) may be usable - not sure about LPII, but for LPI, the most likely candidate is "Take Us All Home" (Medi 8 in early versions of LPI, and currently the 2nd of the LPI removed levels). LPIV will likely need a new level made from scratch - fortunately, it won't need to be a particularly hard one.

It's possible there's other levels that are affected too - that's just off the top of my head.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2016, 02:24:35 AM »
Take Us All Home deserves a return, since it's actually a not-so-bad level and at least provides a small challenge in the form of how one should release their lemmings.

For LPII, I think you can put "Where's Your Magic Now?" (Challenge 6, Overflow Zone's repeat). Obviously, the title needs to be changed.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »
I remember some things about updated versions of these: if I continue playing the old Lemmings Plus, do you think I'll run into problems?

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2016, 05:59:33 PM »
By old Lemmings Plus, do you mean the old EXE players before there was NeoLemmix.exe, or the old versions of the NXP files?

Anyway, I noticed a typo in one of the Lemmings Plus III Talismans: In Timid 3 "Strike It Down!" I used miners and diggers and it still gave me a talisman.