Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131342 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: [Fangames] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2016, 06:44:29 AM »
Hm... will we still be able to play the LP games as they are now? From what I understand, you're removing the gimmick levels, and I really like gimmick levels.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2016, 07:01:39 AM »
I'm removing them because I plan to remove that feature from NeoLemmix eventually. But I will release a seperate NXP with all the removed levels. :) It just might not work properly on future versions of NeoLemmix.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2016, 07:04:55 AM »
If all gimmicks will be culled in a later NeoLemmix update, how then will that affect Lemmings Plus Outtakes* since you plan to move all gimmick/frenzy levels and regular but discarded levels?

It will not be compatible with newer updates to NeoLemmix. However, V1.43n will be the "stable version" for a while (excluding minor updates to fix bugs - there's a few I'm already aware of that need addressing). Chances are manual updating packs to the next "stable" version after that will take a while, and obviously not all content will be compatible, so V1.43n (or it's -B / - C / whatever version) will probably remain available after that.

I probably won't adapt levels except where it makes very little difference to them, or when I need to fill more level slots. Using normal levels is the priority.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »
Lemmings Plus III (click to show/hide)

Still need to test / modify the talismans.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2016, 10:02:37 AM »
Lemmings Plus III update is done. Details are as in the above post.

This just leaves Lemmings Plus Omega to update to correspond with the "no secret levels, no gimmick levels, no frenzies" policy - although it's a very straightforward matter of simply cutting off the Playtime rank. However, it - and LPIV and Holiday - do need to be tested that they work properly with V1.43n.

One talisman was removed:
:tal-silver: Complete Dodgy 18 "The United States Method".
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:20:11 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2016, 12:44:14 PM »
If all gimmicks will be culled in a later NeoLemmix update, how then will that affect Lemmings Plus Outtakes* since you plan to move all gimmick/frenzy levels and regular but discarded levels?

It will not be compatible with newer updates to NeoLemmix. However, V1.43n will be the "stable version" for a while (excluding minor updates to fix bugs - there's a few I'm already aware of that need addressing). Chances are manual updating packs to the next "stable" version after that will take a while, and obviously not all content will be compatible, so V1.43n (or it's -B / - C / whatever version) will probably remain available after that.

But then this may mean that some of the levels will no longer be playable and solvable. Will this be intentional?

Also, is anyone allowed to use these levels for themselves to create new solutions out of them?

Also, just found out that Timid 8 "Heads in the Sky" still plays the gimmick music.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »
But then this may mean that some of the levels will no longer be playable and solvable. Will this be intentional?

Yes. It can always be played on an older version of NeoLemmix (up to V1.43n (or any -B/etc sub-version of it), maybe a few versions beyond that).

Also, is anyone allowed to use these levels for themselves to create new solutions out of them?

Go for it. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
Lemmings Plus Omega's update is complete.

Puzzling 27, Mental 18 and Mental 28 required layout changes.
Playtime rank has been removed entirely, as have the three talismans that came from it:

:tal-bronze: Save one lemming on Playtime 15 "Remember Your Beginnings..." without using any diggers
:tal-silver: Complete Platyime 5 "Acid Leak" without assigning skills to more than one lemming
:tal-silver: Save 100% on Playtime 7 "Glider Frenzy"

Holiday Lemmings Plus's update is also complete. This one had two broken regular replays and two broken talisman replays, but no changes were needed at all to the content.

I doubt Lemmings Plus IV will need much in the way of changes either (just replay repairs), but at least one talisman will need to be removed (the level itself can be beaten without direct drop, but the talisman challenge cannot be).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:24:12 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »
Lemmings Plus IV is done.

The only change is the removal of one talisman:
:tal-bronze: Save 98% on Smooth 12 "Just A Snack"

The Flashbacks packs (which didn't really require much changes) are done.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:39:21 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2016, 04:24:20 PM »
For the LPIII Graphic Sets pictures, Martian uses "No Time to Die Even Now", and Lab uses "Shmooth Shailing."

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
^ Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

I've uploaded the "Lemmings Plus Recycle Bin", a quickly thrown-together NXP containing all the unused levels. Level (and image) dumping is supported in it, feel free to create your own levels based on these ones.

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/mypacks/LemmingsPlusRecycleBin.nxp
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
Space Invasion is in the "LPIII Others" rank when it should be "Gotcha Again! =P"

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2016, 04:35:38 PM »
Space Invasion is in the "LPIII Others" rank when it should be "Gotcha Again! =P"

I didn't disable the bait-and-switch. :)
I probably should, though. Alright, reuploaded with the bait-and-switch turned off.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »
Cunning 20 "Secrets of the Lemmings" is missing from the Recycle Bin.

Also, I'm wondering if you should change the title of Genius 18 "An Unexpected Journey." The only purpose of the title was to show that "A Little Breather" was suddenly replaced by that level when you updated LPII to NeoLemmix. But since "A Little Breather" has returned, the title should be changed.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2016, 06:08:14 PM »
I'm removing them because I plan to remove that feature from NeoLemmix eventually. But I will release a seperate NXP with all the removed levels. :) It just might not work properly on future versions of NeoLemmix.
Hm, that's a shame. I guess I should've downloaded them ahead of time. Is there a topic about this change?