Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131305 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: [Fangames] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2015, 05:41:36 PM »
For the something else choice i have
Lemmings Plus REMIX

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2015, 02:47:42 AM »
I'm not sure about that name. It kinda suggests new content (possibly derivative of existing content), rather than simply a compilation pack of existing content.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2015, 05:54:36 AM »
Got a small bit of feedback on the draft list (I'm only including comments here that would actually change the list, not just agreements with the list's current content):

Puzzling 13 "The Martian Lake Beast" - Although great artistically, not fun enough gameplay-wise for inclusion
Perplexing 21 "Wirebreaker" - Still suggesting this as an option
Smooth 13 "Trophy Cabinet" - Same here
Bumpy 7 "Sweet As!" - mentioned as another possible extra level to replace any that are removed
Bumpy 9 "Mechanical Split" - favors removal of this one
Twisted 1 "Proceed With Caution" - Another one they'd really like to see included
Twisted 10 "Clocked In" - Mentioned as too easy for its position in LPIV as a whole, but a good level (and the relative difficulty is not as huge an issue for a compilation pack

Also, in regards to Puzzling 4 vs Mental 1, they mentioned that they could see either one being a good choice, and so the decision should be made based on which level of difficulty is more needed.

My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »
After LP I+II with LP II bonus pack; it's LP III's turn in my walkthrough series!

Link to the first level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPyIC1ic5Y

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
Alright - got an almost-final list, but it has 33 levels. Out of the levels on it, I'd like to - if anything's going to be dropped (which one has to be) - drop one of the following three:

LPO Mental 3 “Doomblock 42”
LPO Mental 12 "Cave of the Cactus"
LPIV Twisted 16 "Don't Hold Me Back!"

Any comments?

I also put up a poll. I'll make the decision based partly on feedback, and partly on where (if any) there are gaps in the difficulty curve - I personally feel that Mental 3 and Twisted 16 are of similar difficulty, while Mental 12 is a fair bit harder than the other two.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad! I forgot to update the list taking into account the suggestions a few posts above first. I'll consider that, then see if further feedback is needed.
EDIT: Even after considering that list (alongside other suggestions), it still comes down to 33 levels, with these three being the ones to decide between for removal. I'll now review the ordering to create a good difficulty curve, and if there still needs to be a decision on which one to remove, I'll put the poll back up.

EDIT: Okay, after taking difficulty into account - Cave of the Cactus is safe. But I need to pick one of the other two to remove. So I've put a poll up just between those two.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:39:46 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2015, 11:48:34 AM »
Also, here's the final list (apart from needing to remove one of those two levels), including ordering. Note that there's 9 levels under "Hard", as both of the candidates for removal are in there. The list of levels is pretty much finalized, but the order is up for discussion.

The levels' positions in the original games should not at all be taken into account when deciding on ordering. Think of it as "if this was an entirely new game, and these levels were entirely new, what order should they be in" - this might not be purely a consideration of difficulty (eg. the first Lemmings Plus Flashbacks has Genius 6, Fierce 13 and Genius 8 as the last three levels; even though ordering purely by difficulty it should be Genius 8, Genius 6, Fierce 13), but just shouldn't take into account their original positions.

Easy
----
Smooth 14 "Cogs of War"
Glimmer 6 "A Package For Mr. Lemming"
Bumpy 5 "Space Race"
Puzzling 7 "More Than Just A Dream"
Puzzling 14 "So This Is How It Ends..."
Perplexing 12 "That's Just How It Is"
Bumpy 9 "Mechanical Split"
Bumpy 12 "Luck of the Draw"

Medium
------
Perplexing 16 "Wiring Defect"
Arctic 1 "Generous Inclination"
Puzzling 30 "Drop Them Lems"
Twisted 10 “Clocked In”
Arctic 3 "23:58 12/14"
Bumpy 17 "Lem Your Lem Could Smell Like"
Twisted 1 “Proceed With Caution”
Twisted 5 "The Cooling Vat"

Hard
----
Perplexing 7 "Dial "L" For Lemming"
Perplexing 5 "When They Need It Most..."
Twisted 16 "Don't Hold Me Back!"
Mental 3 “Doomblock 42”
Twisted 14 "A Universal Production"
Perplexing 30 "Lemming Treety"
Mental 13 "A Different Kind Of Hero"
Mental 1 "Be A Tidy Lemming"
Insane 6 "The Mystery Machine"

Extreme
-------
Mental 17 "Recycled Lemming Syndrome"
Mental 21 "Adventure Time!"
Arctic 5 "Dream Parade"
Mental 24 "Branch Out A Little"
Mental 12 "Cave of the Cactus"
Mental 16 "Skill Factory"
Insane 19 "Overclocked Lemming"
Insane 14 "Artificially Sweetened"
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »
Received the following feedback on the list:
- Perplexing 12 should be moved to early-Medium; Puzzling 30 should be moved to the last level of Easy.
- Arctic 3 and Bumpy 17 should both be in Hard; while Perplexing 5 and Perplexing 7 should be moved back to Medium.

My thoughts on this - the Perplexing 12 / Puzzling 30 swap kind of makes sense; Puzzling 30 isn't hard as such, just somewhat intimidating. Moving one of Arctic 3 or Bumpy 17 to Hard, and moving Perplexing 5 back is possible; I'm not so sure about moving Perplexing 7.

EDIT: Adding to this:
- If only one of Arctic 3 or Bumpy 17 is moved, it should be Arctic 3
- And then, move Bumpy 17 to the last level of Medium
- Mental 24 should be swapped to Hard (maybe swapped with Insane 6 - note that this user says they have not beaten Insane 6), most likely as the last level; otherwise move to the first level of Extreme

My thoughts on this - mostly seems fine. But I don't agree with moving Mental 24 back that far; nor that Insane 6 belongs in Extreme; I get the feeling that had this user solved Insane 6, they probably wouldn't be saying this (but of course, I could be wrong).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:46:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2015, 02:18:20 PM »
Okay - doesn't seem to be any more feedback, so here's the first test version of it! If any further feedback comes in between now and the release of NeoLemmix V1.36n, I might take it into account. Aside from some of the above suggestions, I also made a few more ordering tweaks. Out of the two levels being considered for removal, Twisted 16 "Don't Hold Me Back" got cut; while Mental 3 "Doomblock 42" remains in the pack. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cvpszccwk2ms6c8/AAD_VpW4IxD4ezKtnsPELGeRa
(Note that the music file is optional, as always; it just gives more-accurate versions of certain tracks.)

Cheat code is "1234567890".

Note that being based off the preliminary V1.36n code, this means this has customizable hotkeys! Enjoy! :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2015, 03:03:27 PM »
Received this feedback:
- Perplexing 5 is too easy for its position and should be put closer to the start of Medium.
- Arctic 1 should be more towards the end of Medium.
- Mental 3 should be closer to the end of Mental.

Also, it has been pointed out that Bumpy 17 has the wrong music here (it has the 3rd LPIV music, when it should have the 2nd one).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2015, 07:47:16 PM »
Alright, release time!

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/lpfii.html

It's based on the most up-to-date preview V1.36n code. Obviously, if there's any further changes, I'll update it to the official V1.36n once that's released.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
All of these have been updated to use the latest version of NeoLemmix (V1.36n). The only change to any levels is Fierce 15 of Lemmings Plus III (and its easier counterpart in Lemmings Plus III Bonus Pack), which has an almost-unnoticable change that nevertheless removes a fairly major backroute - and has a nice side effect of slightly reducing the precision needed in the LP3B easier version.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
The original post's links are currently broken as I've removed the EXEs, and am in the process of putting up NXPs instead. I don't have time to update the posts / website until later today, in the meantime, here's a Dropbox link where you can get all the games from:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j12gn3okvm1ic8z/AAAMre9Wt9tJxhu6zgs9H0C6a

EDIT: NeoLemmix Website links have now been added, and put in the first post. The above Dropbox link still works, if you prefer that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:30:46 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2016, 03:13:21 AM »
All the games with talismans (so - all of them except the Flashbacks ones) have been updated so that the talisman descriptions now refer to lemming counts rather than percentages. Aside from this, nothing has changed, so if you don't particularly care about talismans (or are fine with still having them displayed as percentages), no need to download the updated versions.

The criteria for the talismans themself is unchanged; it's only the description text that has changed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2016, 06:30:24 PM »
Rebuilt the NXPs using Flexi Toolkit V1.06. This means that they'll work with the Global Music Packs functionality, and also, that their filesizes are now much smaller. The tradeoff being that the newly-built NXPs won't work with players older than V1.39n.

If you aren't worried about either of those things, no need to redownload; none of the content has changed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2016, 05:50:38 AM »
Over the next few days, I'll work on updating these to the new format of using PNGs rather than MAIN.DAT. I'll cross them off this list when they're done:

Lemmings Plus I
Lemmings Plus II
Lemmings Plus II Bonus Pack
Lemmings Plus III
Lemmings Plus III Bonus Pack
Lemmings Plus IV
Lemmings Plus Omega
Holiday Lemmings Plus
Lemmings Plus Flashbacks
Lemmings Plus Flashbacks II

The Lemmings Plus II Bonus Pack update also fixes a mistake where Rush 6 was incorrectly marked as a secret level.

Note that those that use custom lemming graphics (yes, a few do - it's subtle, but there are customizations in them) - LPIII and its bonus pack, LPIV and LP Omega - there'll be another update after those are supported, in order to restore the graphics they have now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:18:52 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects