Author Topic: Imagination  (Read 2275 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Imagination
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:37:50 AM »
Hi everyone

If I remember correctly this might of been one of the things I mentioned about in my e-book.

Even though it is related to setting your own challenges, lets see what we could do.

One challenge I like doing myself is using a program such as the random number generater (http://www.random.org/). So lets say that the numbers are 1 to 100, We could use Oh no more lemmings where whatever number comes up we must complete that level on our first try. This can be quite tricky if you have bad luck and get one of the hard levels.

The thing that makes this challenge interesting in my opinion is if you make a mistake doing a level, can you still recover? (Could be or Could be not) I know this can be annoying if you get one of the the levels that requires 100%.

Has anyone else tried this sort of challenge? (You use the random number generator to pick five levels at random and if you can complete three of those levels on your first atempt you pass the test)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Imagination
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:38:57 AM »
Unless it's the Genesis version (as I haven't played those much so I'm not familiar with them), I'd probably be fine, unless I got some of the really bad bomber timing levels (Taxing 19 is one that can be problematic for me).

But instead of theorizing, let's give it a try to see how I go... I'll roll numbers from 1 to 220 (1 - 100 = OhNo, 101 - 220 = orig (easier this way since OhNo has exactly 100)) and try to beat the 5 levels that come up first go. My levels are:

Numbers: 195 131 96 148 62

So this means:

195: Mayhem 5
131: Tricky 1
096: Havoc 16
148: Tricky 18
062: Wild 2

I'll try now and post my results. :) I don't specifically remember what Wild 2 or Havoc 16 are (but I'm sure I will when I see them), but I know I'll have no problem with any of the Orig ones.

EDIT: My results.

Mayhem 5: Passed, 83%.
Tricky 1: Passed, 100%.
Havoc 16: Failed. I tried to turn the climber around too close to the exit and he exited; I then tried to build the crowd up but lost too many lemmings.
Tricky 18: Passed, 90%.
Wild 2: Passed, 98%.

Not bad. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:40:15 AM »
That's a super fast reply Namida

I like (Wild level 2)

(Tricky one should be a doddle)

Good luck Namida

(Quote from Namida)

EDIT: My results.

Mayhem 5: Passed, 83%.
Tricky 1: Passed, 100%.
Havoc 16: Failed. I tried to turn the climber around too close to the exit and he exited; I then tried to build the crowd up but lost too many lemmings.
Tricky 18: Passed, 90%.
Wild 2: Passed, 98%.

Not bad. :)

I think I done the quote thing okay sometimes it appears different.

Welldone that's you passed, it's an interesting challenge as you never know what level you are going to get.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:05:47 AM »
I edited the post above with my results, but in short, I passed 4 of the 5, the fail being Havoc 16 due to a placement error.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:11:08 AM »
Mayhem level 5 is a hard one if I remember correctly.  :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 01:58:23 AM »
Mayhem level 5 is a hard one if I remember correctly.  :thumbsup:

It's one of those ones that's hard to figure out the first time, but fairly easy once you know what to do.
My Lemmings projects

Mariachi Skeletron Prime

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »
1-120: Original
121-220: Oh no more lemmings!

Here's my results:
32: We all fall down (Tricky 2)
181: Lemming Tomato Ketchup Facility (Wicked 1) I hate this one  :-[
36: Lemmingology (Tricky 6)
23: I've lost that Lemming feeling (Fun 23)
109: Stepping Stones (Mayhem 19)

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Got all of them first try!  :thumbsup:

We all fall down: 100%
Lemming Tomato Ketchup Facility: 91% (I think I could've saved more)
Lemmingology: 100%
I've lost that Lemming Feeling: 97%
Stepping Stones: 100%

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »
The Numbers: (1-100 ONML, 101-220 Original)

201 - Mayhem 11 (We All Fall Down)
185 - Taxing 25 (Follow The Leader)
16 - Tame 16 (Gone with the Lemming)
199 - Mayhem 9 (Curse of the Pharaohs)
126 - Fun 26 (Nightmare on Lem Street)

The Results:

Failed Tame 16. (Just kidding) :P

Actually I got them all, with 100%.  Mayhem 11 had me a bit worried when I first drew it, but the biggest nail-biter ended up being Mayhem 9.  I had everyone bunched up in the end and I needed to select a builder going in the right direction, in the right spot such that he didn't hit his head.  Fortunately I got it with two builders to spare.

Mariachi Skeletron Prime

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 06:05:04 PM »
I feel like doing this again because it was so much fun the first time around.
This time I will do it right, and do
1-100 Oh no more lemmings
101-220 Original

147, Tricky 17: Diet Lemmingaid  :)
137, Tricky 7: Been there, Seen it, Done it  8)
58, Wild 18: Dr Lemminggood  :-\
210, Mayhem 20: No added colours or lemmings  :scared:
128, Fun 28: If only they could fly  :(

EDIT:
Diet Lemmingaid: 96%
Been there, Seen it, Done it: 100%
Dr. Lemminggood: 88%
No added colours or lemmings: Failed (Lemmings were bunched up, and when I mined at the end, two lemmings fell rather than one.)
If only they could fly: 100%