Lemmings Boards > Reviews

Level Review - Lemmings Plus I (formerly LPDOS)

<< < (2/11) > >>

exit:
MILD 4: In The Style of ...

80 Lemmings
50%(40) to save
6 Minutes
20 of everything

Good: A very simple level with quite a few solutions.

Bad: (this is really minor) Easier than the last few because it has no immediate threat.

Akseli:
Mild 5: The Graveyard

Lemmings: 50
Save: 40% (20)
Release Rate: 1
Time: 5 minutes
Skills: 20 of each

Good: Forces the player to get to know the death fall in LPDOS. Fortunately there's also various different ways to cope with this issue. So far the most diverse level in this level pack both with its solutions and somewhat detailed landscape.

Bad: Is trickier than many, many levels after it. Also, this is the fifth level in this pack which uses 9 different tilesets, and this level is already the third Dirt level.

exit:
Mild 6: The Cells

50 Lemmings
60%(40) to save
5 Minutes
Twenty of everything.

Good: Another relatively simple level, but you can easily mess up.

Bad: I feel like an inexperienced player would probably start panicking at the sign of the lemmings splatting, so it could be a bit startling at first(not saying I've never done that).

exit:
Is it okay to double-post on a level review topic if people haven't lately? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but I'm not sure.

Mild 7: The Staircase

50 Lemmings
60%(40) to save
5 Minutes
20 of everything

Good: Level is simple with very minimalistic design.

Bad: I feel like this is a bit easier than the past few levels, just because all that you have to do is build up.

Wafflem:

--- Quote ---Is trickier than many, many levels after it. Also, this is the fifth level in this pack which uses 9 different tilesets, and this level is already the third Dirt level.
--- End quote ---
Also, very few of the levels use the Rock and Bubble tilesets. In fact, there's not a lot of ONML tilesets aside from the Brick ones.

--- Quote ---Is it okay to double-post on a level review topic if people haven't lately? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but I'm not sure.
--- End quote ---
Good question. I've noticed Akseli did this in the DoveLems topic too. It should be fine unless someone objects.

Mild 8: Wish you had them?
50 lemmings, 40% to be saved
Release Rate 50
5 minutes
10 of everything except bashers

Good: A very good simple level with a twist, as it teaches you to use other skills when you don't have the single skill that helps you get through that wall easily. The thin poles also add to the challenge. Nice title, too.

Bad: The acid is over the steel block on the right and there doesn't seems to be anything on the right side of the acid. Now fixed in LPI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version