Author Topic: Scattered Levelpacks  (Read 45358 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Scattered Levelpacks
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »
One Way to Freedom from the Amiga demo of Lemmings has now been added to Orig Extra Levels.dat
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2014, 03:26:04 AM »
Just to let everyone know: if there are levels I've uploaded that you've played here and you've really enjoyed, then go ahead and have those nominated for the SuperLemmini version of Revenge of the Lemmings. This will especially be helpful since möbius is adding a new rank to replace the Bonus rank, and is also taking out some levels that don't work very well in this pack.

More info can be found in this post.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 01:02:06 AM »
DynaLem; have you had any luck finding levels like the ones mentioned in this topic? :

http://lemforums.neolemmix.com/old/index.php?topic=555.msg24098#msg24098

there are uploads there by Eymerich and tseug for example which I don't know if exist anywhere else. [these links are of course long since dead] anyone else know if/how these levels might be found? These are levels which were uploaded to an older version of Mindless's database.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
Any luck using archive.org or similar to recover the links?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »
I found tseug's level in geoo's level archive, and I've had that uploaded. Not sure about Eymerich yet.

There's a couple of levels in geoo's archive that I haven't uploaded yet; I'll go through them to see what I missed. There are older and newer versions of some levels, so I do need to sort those out.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 03:41:33 PM »
I found tseug's level in geoo's level archive, and I've had that uploaded. Not sure about Eymerich yet.

There's a couple of levels in geoo's archive that I haven't uploaded yet; I'll go through them to see what I missed. There are older and newer versions of some levels, so I do need to sort those out.

I've noticed this as well; the problem with geoo's archive is all these levels who I don't know who the authors are or where they came from. Geoo himself probably doesn't remember all of them either. I wish I could find out.
For example there's this level titled "Amiga go for it" Why the Amiga in the title?

In the old forum thread I think Simon mentioned Tseug's second pack. Does this exist somewhere?

also in geoo's archive is a fixed version of Life as a worm  :XD: :( But that level is now really easy, unless it's a backroute.

thanks for all your hard work btw, you deserving big tables of chocolate  :thumbsup:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 05:00:50 PM »
I have lots of Cheapo packs that I found in the same hard drive where I found the styles that I converted. When I can, I'll have those converted and posted here. Unfortunately, it can't be on the Level Database for obvious reasons. Perhaps those can be placed in namida's level packs page.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 05:09:00 PM »
At some point in the future I'll be collecting most of my old Garjen packs - probably removing some of the more poorly-designed levels - and making either a SuperLemmini or a NeoLemmix pack of them.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:51 PM »
Hi guys, sorry for bringing up an old topic but I thought I probably ask the question in this one. Who was the main person that created the cheapo engine or levels so to say? I have a feeling that it might of either been conway or Proxima.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2017, 11:31:12 PM »
Cheapo was created by Peter Spada, who went by Essman on the forums. As for levels, there were as many of us creating Cheapo levels in the old days as there are creating NeoLemmix levels now 8-)