Author Topic: Scattered Levelpacks  (Read 45347 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Scattered Levelpacks
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »
There have been a lot of excellent Lemmings levels in Mindless's Lemmings Level Database, many of which have been used for the Community Compilation Pack Revenge of the Lemmings. However, it seems that not all level packs are on the database, and have been scattered in various websites, most especially the VTM Levelpacks. Another issue with that is that most of these websites are old and could close down at any time, and this can be a problem when there are very good levels in those sites. Therefore, these packs deserve to be preserved in the database for old and new players alike. So, I’ve uploaded most of the packs to the Lemmings Level Database.

NOTE: All NeoLemmix packs in the Extended Format, and/or have NeoLemmix objects and/or gimmicks will be uploaded to this database, due to possible compatibility issues.

Here is the list of authors of levels I’ve uploaded:

An older Lemmings Forums archive; unfortunately, almost all of the links of the level packs in there are broken:
Andi

Camanis Database:
Anthony Thompson (VTM)
Caleb Thiessen (VTM)
Em (VTM)
Isu (pack 2 only)
Janne Vieri (VTM)
Jeffrey Lancaster (VTM)
John Walker (VTM)
JM
Lars Rudinger (VTM)
Leviathan
Martin Zurlinden (VTM) (Note: I’ve reordered the levels to the same order as in MazuLems. There are two levels that do not appear in MazuLems, so I’ve put those two in a separate pack.)
Matthias Witt (VTM)
MCMarshy (Packs 1-8)
Timballisto (_pack1.zip)

Dark Tree Media:
Wade Hendricksen

Garjen:
J. Gareth "Praetor PredAtor" Moreton (I believe he goes under the name "Crane" now, according to the Revenge of the Lemmings readme)
Ben Conway (including Conway13.dat from another site)
Cristóbal Márquez and Alfonso Celis
Joe Sentinel (joem1.dat-joem3.dat, found through archive.org)
Juanjo el Lemming
Lemeri
Paris Karagounis
Tumble Weed

geoo's archive:
The 2P levels of Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings (these also appear in their respective NeoLemmix players, but have yet to appear in the traditional ones)
Clam's 6th Lemmix pack (this only has four levels)
Eymerich (a.k.a. Ellischant)
geoopck2.dat (more of a preview)
-H0ru5- (elfpack02 and elfpack03)
Insulfrog
levelpak3.dat by an unknown author
Pieuw's first two level packs
Shvegait
Twig's first and third packs

Lemming Crazy:
Lemming Crazy Contest #1 (five levels by namida, Insane Steve, Ben Conway and two unknown authors)
namida (as Steaver370)

Lemmings Forums:
The Apple Computer Level (with VGASPEC), extracted by ccexplore. Topic
A christmas level by uci. Topic
Every Single One Counts! by ccexplore as part of his myvgaspec tool. Topic
Lemmings Heaven Contest 2008. Topic
Lemmings Heaven Contest 2010 Topic
Level Jam Contest 3: Topic
Ohayo Lemming-San remake by DynaLem
The Mon0lith VGASPEC remake by geoo: Topic
The test levels, One Way to Freedom and the 2P Levels from the Genesis version, ripped by Tsyu. Genesis/2P, One Way to Freedom

Team Hell Spawn:
Levelpak001.dat

The Lemmings File Portal: 
MCMarshy (MARSHY09.DAT)
Moss91
togpak.dat (unknown author)
Twig (Twigpak2.dat only)
Two group collaborated levels:
  • One by  Timballisto, Ben Conway, Tumble Weed, Insane Steve, Shvegait and Guest.
  • The other by Tumble Weed, Ben Conway, Timballisto, JM, Isu and Shvegait

My old hard drive:
beta.dat
comppak.dat
Joe Sentinel (joem5.dat-joem9.dat; joem4.dat remains missing due to a naming mistake on my part that turned out to be Team Hell Spwan's pack)
justdigcomp.dat
Modlvls.dat
oldbutgo.dat
T3Tesla (since the one from an older version of Garjen is no longer available)

These are not all the levelpacks I found. I will be uploading more of the packs, and this list will be updated over time. If you know of a website, if I forgot a levelpack from a website, or if you spot any level packs with the wrong style, let me know. Thanks.

Known levelpacks that remain missing:
Isu (Isupck01.dat, if he's uploaded it somewhere else)
Joe Sentinel (joem4.dat)
Lemmings Heaven 2009
SwissLems

It would also be nice if the NES Lemmings levels are also remade, but this can be very difficult.

Notes:
  • Many of these levels could be used in another Lemmings Community Compilation Pack. They’ll also very likely work for möbius’s Project Capybara and especially the revamped version of Revenge of the Lemmings for Superlemmini.
  • Some of the levels use the wrong graphic set. This can be remedied by changing the graphic set within the NeoLemmix editor. Alternatively, namida can convert graphic sets to use the Custlemm numbering using a certain code.
  • Some authors don't have all their levelpacks uploaded in the original website, such as Isu, who only has had his second levelpack uploaded.
  • Some packs and levels are by unknown authors, due to how I found them in my old hard drive; I got those from websites I can't remember.
  • The name of this topic was inspired by Timid 8 of Lemmings Plus III, "Scatterlem", a pre-placed lemming tutorial in which ten lemmings are spread all over the level.
Credits:
Akseli for providing Eymerich's other pack and the Team Hell Spawn levelpack.
DynaLem for remaking Ohayo Lemming-san!
geoo for providing an archive of many of the levels and levelpacks.
Gronkling for providing the rest of his levelpacks.
Mindless for the Lemmings Level Database
namida for the NeoLemEdit and NeoLemmix Editor, as well as converting the levelpacks with the wrong graphic set and finding the right version of calepck1.dat
Tsyu for the other Genesis levels.
The websites themselves for originally providing the packs and levels.

Now that CustLemmix, NeoCustLemmix, Lemmini, SuperLemmini and Lix are released, try those packs in those games. Compare those to your experience when you played them in the DOS version of Custlemm.

If Mindless sees this, I have some suggestions for him to improve the Database:
1. As Luis said, there should be page number buttons.
2. There should also be a previous button.
3. Also display VGASPEC backgrounds in the levels.
4. Add support to namida's LPII, LPIII and SEGA styles, the NeoLemmix objects and the NeoLemmix Extended Format (although no levelpack with them has been uploaded yet).
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Scattered Levelpacks
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:30:58 AM »
You can do it in NeoLemEdit, or alternatively, with a hex editor (just edit the byte at 0x1B in the lvl).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:32:22 AM »
That's a lot of levels. The database should have those number buttons to skip pages.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:49:07 AM »
Another option: Send me the packs and info on what needs to be corrected (eg. change PackA from ONML numbering to CustLemm numbering) and Ill write a bit of code to quickly do it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 02:33:52 PM »
Database updated.

Updated:
calepck1 is updated with the right graphic sets (with one of the levels which wasn't in the older version). Thanks to namida for finding this version.

New:
t3tesla from an older version of the Garjen website (which I found on my hard drive, since it's no longer available on Garjen through archive.org. Thanks to namida for converting the pack's graphic sets)
JM
Lars van Oostrum (again, the name is based on his e-mail)
MCMarshy

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:41:32 AM »
I had a go at playing some of the VTM. I must say, when I first got into custom levels, I found a lot of these to be extremely hard - but looking at them now, they're actually (mostly, at least so far) awfully simple. xD

By the way - one of the levels in CalePck1 is impossible under Lemmix, due to it not handling negative Y coordinates of objects correctly - one of the windows is placed at a Y position of -1, which Lemmix interprets as a Y coordinate of 65535 and thus places it very far below the bottom of the level, causing any lemmings released from it to instantly die. (NeoLemmix does not have any such problem, it was fixed in a very early version - I think before I even started putting version numbers on it. Though I'm not sure if NeoLemmix's steel mechanics might present a problem on the same level.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 04:57:08 AM »
Which level on calepck1 is it?

More levelpacks added to the database:
Isu (Note: Only the second pack exists. If there is a first pack, please let me know. Thanks)
Timballisto's first level pack (Note: this was _pack1.zip, and they were as separate LVL files.)
namida's very first Lemmings pack (with his permission) (Note: This also includes "This Time We Brought 30 More", a modified version of Tame 1 which was released as a LVL file. The wrong graphic set was used, so I converted it with NeoLemEdit.)
Lemming Crazy Contest #1 (namida, Ben Conway, Insane Steve, and two unknown authors)
Modlvls by an unknown author
Moss91
oldbutgo by an unknown author
Wade Hendricksen
MCMarshy's ninth level pack
togpak.dat by an unknown author

If anyone knows the authors of the levels/levelpacks, please let me know. Thanks.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:54 AM »
Um... "Room of Illusions" or something like that? It's a near-symmetrical one in the bubble tileset, anyway.

And ugh... that first levelpack of mine... that had some damn awful levels in there... in fact, The Warp Room is the only really good one (and that one got re-used, with the difficulty increased, in LPDOS). Still, it's better than the first Lemmings Plus pack for Cheapo, so... :P
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
More packs uploaded from the Lemmings File Portal:
Moss91's second level pack
Someone named Twig? (Twigpak2.dat, first pack missing)
Two group collaborated levels, one by Timballisto, Ben Conway, Tumble Weed, Insane Steve, Shvegait and Guest. The other by Tumble Weed, Conway, Timballisto, JM, Isu and Shvegait

The Lemmings File Portal has levels and DAT files scattered all over in the "Main" directory. Some of these levels are also part of the DAT files. I need to do some reorganizing before uploading the DAT files from that site.

From the Camanis database:
Reuploaded Lars van Oostrum's levels as ZIP files, since these also have the hint files.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 06:28:58 PM »
good job on doing this  :thumbsup:

there are some good levels in there that deserve to see the light of day. For example I didn't yet know about MazuLems missing levels. Both of them were fun despite a little plan and simple.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »
Oh I remember the Ben Conway levels but from what I remember it might be a bit more difficult completing it using Leminni. Got to love that Martin Zurlinden Level (Episode X - The Phantom Exit) I really like those levels where you have to search for the exit.

Thanks alot DynaLem for getting all the missing packs together, (Great work)  :thumbsup:

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
No new packs have been uploaded so far, but I updated a couple of packs:

Group Levels of the older Lemmings Forums - I've included older versions of the second level; I think people will want to know how the level was collaborated from start to finish. I could only find the latest version of the first level in the Lemmings File Portal.

Timballisto's fourth pack uses the wrong graphic sets, so I've uploaded the fixed version. Thanks to namida for converting the pack.

Also, I found the username identity of the LEVIPAK levels: Leviathan.

I found two of Pieuw's levelpacks in the Lemmings File Portal, but since all of the levels already appear in PimoLems, I figured there's really no point in uploading them.

While doing some more searching, I found an older version of the Lemmings Forums, where other old levelpacks reside. Unfortunately, the links to those have been broken. The level packs in question are by Lemeri and Shvegait. Isu, on the other hand, seems to mention that he wasn't ready to upload his first level pack yet.

Lemmingswelt forums archive link: http://www.camanis.net/lemmings/lemmingswelt/forums/
The level pack topic: http://www.camanis.net/lemmings/lemmingswelt/forums/?topic=1089136533

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 10:16:47 PM »
I commend you for your efforts, this is great work, getting all the levels in one single archive!

I have some old level packs lying around that are still missing, I don't have time to sort through them now but here's an archive will all of them: http://geoo.digibase.ca/lemmings/oldlevels.zip
It includes shvegait's levels for one, but also a lot of level packs that are already in the archive and some level packs with just a single level back from the CustLemm days when single levels were easier to play as .dat than .lvl

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »
More levels added:

Lemmingswelt archive:
Andi

geoo's archive (Thanks geoo for providing this!)
The 2P levels of Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings (these also appear in their respective NeoLemmix players, not sure if namida also updated the traditional ones to include those)
Clam's 6th Lemmix pack (this only has four levels)
Ellischant
levelpak3.dat
Insulfrog
Shvegait
Twig's first and third packs

My old hard drive:
beta.dat
comppak.dat
justdigcomp.dat

Thanks also to namida for adding the feature to change graphic sets within the editor.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »
As I already said in the other topic, awesome job! :thumbsup:

You've covered almost everything that I know of. :P Eymerich01 seems to lack from the database still (author is Eymerich aka. Ellischant), it's in geoo's level pack bunch. Also I've played Team Hell Spawn's Levelpak001: http://www.teamhellspawn.com/lemmings/levels.htm

Now that there's that many packs in the database, the purpose of rating the packs with enjoyability and difficulty seems to be highlighted... :P I've tried to rate some of the new uploads, too.