Author Topic: Lemmings & Lix Fangame List  (Read 76050 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings & Lix Fangame List
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2020, 07:28:52 PM »
I think it's very easy for these lists to become outdated, especially since Wafflem has made such an indepth list incorporating Lemmix, NeoLemmix and Lix into one list.
I think this thread is better to be not used in future, it may be a useful resource for Lix packs available still but it is largely becoming unreliable for NeoLemmix

WaffLem is no longer active and I don't think anyone else has taken over maintaining this topic. However, the new-formats NL packs are on a seperate board from the old-formats ones, so this should let you quickly find packs that work on new-formats NL.

I think Wafflem hasn't been in charge of this topic for a good while, I think myself, Simon, Forestidia, mobius and Nessy were responsible for overhauling it about a year or two back.
Whether Wafflem will be back on the forums or not however remains to be debated though unless you know something we don't know namida.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2020, 08:08:34 PM »
Whether Wafflem will be back on the forums or not however remains to be debated though unless you know something we don't know namida.

I wouldn't have a clue what his future plans are; all I know is that he currently isn't active, and hasn't been in quite some time.

If anyone else would like to take over maintaining this topic, feel free. If you're not a mod / admin, start a new topic for it, and I'll close this one (with a link to your new one).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2020, 05:41:46 PM »
Is it worth creating a separate topic that lists all new-format level packs, as some of the ones listed here are no longer compatible...?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2020, 09:31:58 PM »
Yes, we should absolutely make a new list of packs, and retire this one as soon as that's done. I was going to post a topic about it, but other things came up and it slipped my mind :P

It would be a bit of work, but I think what would be most beneficial to the community would be a list of NL packs, split into new-formats, v10 and v1.43, and each pack should have the following information:
* Link to forum topic
* Author, date, number of levels/ranks
* Pack status (is it complete? Is it being actively maintained?)
* Whether (and how much) the pack uses the new skills and objects -- not from an elitist point of view, but because the history of NL and other engines has left us with a fairly sharp split between packs that use the new stuff and packs that don't, so it is an interesting point to make note of. For older packs, we should note whether they make use of now-deprecated stuff like radiation/slowfreeze and gimmicks.

This would not only help players find new-formats content to play, it would help enterprising forum members find packs that just need a little bit of love to get them converted to new-formats.