Author Topic: Lemmings & Lix Fangame List  (Read 76052 times)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Fangame, Expansion and Modification Pack List
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2017, 06:39:51 PM »
You don't have to have a link to Raylevels, it uses legacy graphics and I don't think the download link works anymore. :lix-sad:
I only made a couple of Lix levels to showcase my tilesets and even they are out of date in many ways.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings & Lix Fangame List
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 10:41:51 PM »
On the list, which of the NeoLemmix level packs are recommended?

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »
joshescue18, to be honest all these level packs (at least the ones I have played so far) are really good as everybody brings their own personality and style to the table in their levels. I suggest just going through the list, looking at each pack's official or development topics, reading through the thread, and see if the pack catches your eye. I know for me the first ones I played were Lemmings Plus I and GeoffLems, as both start off easy but get hard at the end. Some packs try to stay simple for beginners or players that don't want to be overly challenged, and some packs prefer to challenge the player right out of the gate. Hope this helped :)

Offline DoubleU

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 12:27:51 AM »
The spoiler tag feature isn't meant to support that. It probably can be modified to support it; I'll look into it at some point. For now, you could always do something like this:

Game Title
List of games (click to show/hide)

In regards to the current layout of the list, one modification I'd suggest is underlining and/or slightly increasing the size of author names. Perhaps also add a few blank lines between authors. Currently, it doesn't immediately stand out where one begins and one ends.
For a more sophisticated version of that, check out www.uhs-hints.com

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 12:22:30 AM »
The list for Lix doesn't seem up to date:

- Nessy made a small pack: here
- mobius made a new small Lix level pack: here
- It doesn't seems that the new thread for Rubix Lix levels is there: It can be found here
- It's maybe unfortunately a bit too optimistic to say that ClamLix is work in progress. There will be maybe minor adjustments and backroute fixes but I don't believe in new content updates.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2018, 12:49:43 AM »
The list for Lix doesn't seem up to date:

- Nessy made a small pack: here
- mobius made a new small Lix level pack: here
- It doesn't seems that the new thread for Rubix Lix levels is there: It can be found here
- It's maybe unfortunately a bit too optimistic to say that ClamLix is work in progress. There will be maybe minor adjustments and backroute fixes but I don't believe in new content updates.

I've made those changes to the best of my ability. Let me know if the modifications I've made are incorrect.
Thanks for pointing this out :)

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2018, 01:01:44 AM »
Thanks for dealing with it that fast.
I only don't want especially the new packs to be lost under all the Lix topics.

Only minor things:
- You could write additionally to Rubix V4 Topic that it was for the C++-Lix version and for the V5 Topic that it is for the D-Lix version.
- You could take out the words "A work-in-progress pack" for ClamLix.

But of course that is at your discretion.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2018, 02:03:38 AM »
Done!

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2018, 07:18:51 PM »
Because we split the level pack board per-engine, we have split off this thread's Lix section into its own thread on Lix Levels. Thanks to Wafflem for maintaining the list and to Forestidia for pushing this split!

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 02:18:26 PM by Simon »

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2018, 12:28:13 AM »
Can you mark the recommended NeoLemmix level packs?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2018, 08:38:20 AM »
Recommending packs is hard, because there is no objective creiteria for that. For example I am fairly certain that I would recommend other packs than Strato Incendus for example - not because one of us is wrong in any way, but just because we have different playstyles and preferences.
If you are looking for new levels to play, I would recommend creating a new thread (either in NeoLemmix Main or Lemmings Main, depending on whether you want to play NeoLemmix only). List there the packs you already played through and we can recommend similar packs.

However regarding the list in the first post: I think it might be helpful to add a tag to the NeoLemmix packs regarding which of them is available for the new-formats and which are not (yet).

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »
Two packs from David Z, however these are old format
https://mega.nz/#!PM9nTaTS!FqsM_AapCUwugaHLoX2PR_YF9d0xGOhlchjnGf-G-7A Gold pack
https://mega.nz/#!CAs3FapA!bmaT-HkNZIM1j3LEHvvBvilcVaaIRfbouPNHVtwW_k8 Dans le palais de la Reine
There's also a new graphic set he made but I'll post that somewhere else

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2020, 03:02:04 PM »
At this point I know of several NeoLemmix packs that aren't on here; also, the "Lemmings Redux" (and maybe a few other packs) link takes me to the old format instead of the new one.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2020, 05:44:51 PM »
At this point I know of several NeoLemmix packs that aren't on here; also, the "Lemmings Redux" (and maybe a few other packs) link takes me to the old format instead of the new one.

WaffLem is no longer active and I don't think anyone else has taken over maintaining this topic. However, the new-formats NL packs are on a seperate board from the old-formats ones, so this should let you quickly find packs that work on new-formats NL.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »
Ok I found a bunch of discussion topics regarding packs; I just haven't found a list similar to the one in the first post on this topic if that's what you mean.