Author Topic: The Lemmings Fan Goods Index  (Read 34883 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
The Lemmings Fan Goods Index
« on: June 22, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
There's currently no official Lemmings merchandise available, and, let's be honest, given the current handling of the series, there's not likely to be for a long while, if ever. (But, hey, if anyone's listening, I'd absolutely *love* to be proven wrong about this! ;) ) (Please note: In the time since this thread was started, a raft of brand new official Lemmings merchandise was announced - something that I'm sure we're all glad to see. However, it doesn't put an end to this thread. :D )

However, that doesn't mean that there's nothing out there for folks who want to pick up some bits and bobs to show their love for our fair series!

As anyone who's read my somewhat-related thread, the Lemmings Merchandise Index, will know, I deliberately left out fan-made items. This thread is the reason why - I wanted to compile a current list of available goods that are made by fans, for fans, as a complement to the list of known official merchandise. As noted above, I strongly suspect that, at least for now, it's the only Lemmings merchandise that will be available to us, and I think that it'd be nice to have it all collected in one place - sort of like a Lemmings marketplace of sorts, if you will.

Please note that I won't be including just anything - there has to be effort put into the items being sold. I don't want to put, for example, CafePress print-on-demand shops that simply use images easily found via search engines, alongside items where the sellers have put in time and effort to design and/or create them out of a love for the Lemmings games. (This is nothing against print-on-demand shops - items from them will appear here, but only those where the designs are original and have had effort put into them, rather than simply grabbing them from an online image-search.)

Below is the list as it currently stands.

----------

Artwork
Lemmings: Pick Axe - 8" x 8" Acrylic Painting, by EightBitPaint

Lemmings: Breaking Barriers - 8" x 8" Acrylic Painting, by EightBitPaint

Lemmings: Don't Lemme Fall - 8" x 8" Acrylic Painting, by EightBitPaint

Lemmings Walking - 8" x 8" Acrylic Painting, by EightBitPaint

Speleology's Friends Greetings Cards and Postcards, by orioto (Also available in the form of Photographic Prints, Art Prints, Canvas Prints, Framed Prints, Metal Prints, and Posters.)

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Photographic Prints, by jezkemp (Also available in the form of Art Prints, Canvas Prints, Framed Prints, Metal Prints, Posters, and Greetings Cards and Postcards.)

"A lemming, Lemmings series" Print, by nomarios

Currently Unavailable - Look Where You're Walking, by 8bitAcrylic (8bitacrylic has the following to add: "I'd be happy to customize any type of Lemmings 8-bit painting you're interested in.  Most of what I do is commissioned, and I work with the buyer to figure out what they want.".)

Lemmings Wall Plaque, by LittsCustomWoodWorks

Lemmings 25th Anniversary Greetings Cards (Set of 4), by Castle Books (Also available as a set of 40.)

Bags and Cases
Speleology's Friends Tote Bags, by orioto

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings iPhone and iPod Touch Cases, by jezkemp

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings iPad Case, by jezkemp

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Samsung Galaxy Cases, by jezkemp

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Tote Bags, by jezkemp

Books
Lemmings - The Ports (Paperback), by Castle Books (Also available in PDF format.)

Clothes
Lemmings T-shirts, by BitBerry.eu

Bring Back Original Amiga Lemmings Shirts, by Firebiro

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Shirts, by jezkemp

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Kids' Clothes, by jezkemp

You Shall Not Pass! T-shirts, by BitBerry.eu

Figurines
3D Printed Lemmings, by Mel_Miniatures

Miscellaneous
3D Printed Lemmings Cookie Cutter, by Things4Thinkers

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Fridge Magnets and Keyrings, by 1upBeads

Bring Back Original Amiga Lemmings Stickers, by Firebiro

Speleology's Friends Throw Pillows, by orioto

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Sticker, by jezkemp

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings Throw Pillows, by jezkemp

Hand Drawn Sephie Lemming 1.5 inch Button Pin, by TheLeapingFox

Currently Unavailable - Lemmings inspired Perler Set - Decorations, by SugarSkullzArtCo

Lemmings Cross Stitched Items, by JSLCrafts (Available in the form of a Magnet, Keyring, and Aida Cloth or Waste Canvas for framing.)

Oh No! Fabric, by LittlePurpleSewingMachine (Also available in the form of wallpaper and gift wrap.) (Disclaimer: LittlePurpleSewingMachine is my sewing handle. This design is by me.)

Plushes
"Mop Top Mascots" Crochet Pattern, by June Gilbank (Note: This pattern is free, but has a PDF version which is available as Donationware if you would like to support the designer. June Gilbank allows others to sell lemmings made from this pattern as long as they credit her as the designer. If you're looking for a ready-made one to buy, please see below, or peruse June Gilbank's list of people who sell items made from her patterns.)

Currently Unavailable - Crocheted Lemming, by BJPrettyLittleThings

Currently Unavailable - Bodo Lemming Plushie, by nug-nug

----------

I'll update this list whenever I find, or am told about, new items. If you spot, or know of, anything currently available that isn't listed here, please let me know, and I'll get it added as soon as I see the message! Likewise, please let me know if you spot any dead links here, too, and I'll sort those out, as well.

(Last updated December 18th 2014)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:04:59 PM by Prob Lem »

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Re: The Lemmings Fan Goods Index
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 12:51:18 PM »
Thanks!
No problem. :thumbsup: It needed to be done, I think!

same the postage to the UK is quite high if i wanted all 4.
Yeah... That's always going to be an issue for some items, I guess. :(

Anyhow, I've just tidied up the list a bit, as the Artwork section was already threatening to become unmanageable! I've also added a new item, again in the Artwork section.

EDIT: Added a new t-shirt, too. I'm really pleased to find that there's stuff out there that I'd overlooked when I was compiling the first revision of the list!

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »
A new item, the "Bodo" Lemmings-style plushie, has now been added to the list. :thumbsup:

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »
Those figurines are remarkable. They look just like the game art!

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 09:15:09 PM »
They really do. :thumbsup: I've got the Blocker one, printed in Strong, White, and Flexible, and it's definitely my favourite miniature that I have.

Incidentally, the creator of those signed up here recently, and has a thread about the figures here. Well worth a visit for a ton of pictures and such.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
Oh, whoah, cool - when did this get stickied?! :D Thanks very much!

Two new items have been added to the Miscellaneous category today - a badge featuring a lemming dressed as Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, and a new set of Perler Bead decorations.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:57 AM »
I moved it to the Fan Corner a few days ago and stickied it here, it's pretty extensive and easily belongs at the top of this subforum. :)

I was thinking of giving your Merch Index the same treatment. It's not 100% in alignment with the subforum descriptions, but my understanding of the Fan Corner was that it's about (physical/art/music/...) stuff by fans or for the fans (including merch) while Lemmings discussion is rather about discussion of the Lemmings games. The line's a bit more blurry with that interpretation though and that's just my take on it, so I don't know. I'll gladly discuss this, and just tell me if I should move the merch index over here too and sticky it.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 01:14:06 AM »
I moved it to the Fan Corner a few days ago and stickied it here, it's pretty extensive and easily belongs at the top of this subforum. :)
Wow, thankyou... :D

I was thinking of giving your Merch Index the same treatment. It's not 100% in alignment with the subforum descriptions, but my understanding of the Fan Corner was that it's about (physical/art/music/...) stuff by fans or for the fans (including merch) while Lemmings discussion is rather about discussion of the Lemmings games. The line's a bit more blurry with that interpretation though and that's just my take on it, so I don't know. I'll gladly discuss this, and just tell me if I should move the merch index over here too and sticky it.
The Merchandise Index is meant to catalogue historical (and, should any ever exist) future official merchandise, just so there's an extensive record of what is/was out there to promote the games. I always figured that eventually it might attract a bit more input, so it's probably better left where it is, as ultimately that makes it more of a (slow-burning, admittedly) discussion-based thing.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
Another update, this time adding a cross-stitched fridge magnet featuring a sprite from the intro of the SNES version of Lemmings, and a new painting featuring the classic in-game sprites.

8bitacrylic

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 02:47:03 AM »
Look Where You're Walking, by 8bitAcrylic

Hey guys, I'm the creator of this painting, and I just really wanted to thank you for taking a look at my work.

I'd be happy to customize any type of Lemmings 8-bit painting you're interested in.  Most of what I do is commissioned, and I work with the buyer to figure out what they want. 

Lemmings was the first Genesis game I ever owned, and I put a lot of hours into it.  What a great game.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 04:40:27 AM »
Wow, I didn't expect anyone to hop on over here via their shop stats! (Well, I'm assuming that that's how you found the list, anyway. ;) )

Welcome, 8bitacrylic, and thanks very much for the info you've provided. I'll edit it into the parent-post, now. :thumbsup:

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 08:56:03 AM »
So many great stuff! :thumbsup:
The only thing I've got for now is the "You shall not pass" t-shirt, with the blocker lemming and 8-bit Balrog (which is awesome).

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 02:53:04 AM »
I've got a fair few things, at this point. I posted pictures of it all in the collection topic in Lemmings Discussion. :thumbsup:

Anyhow, a small update. The Bodo Lemming Plushie, which had become unavailable previously, is now available again, so I've updated the list to reflect that.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 02:41:32 PM »
Those 3-D printed pieces by mel_minatures just proved too much to resist.

If I ever get around to writing an essay on the metaphorical resonance of the "builder' in lemmings (the subject and the discussion of which has made me pull out the old lemmings games after a along hiatus), the building piece will be sitting there on the desk egging me on.

Thanks for this collection of sites, Prob Lem.

-Ben

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 08:21:13 PM »
You're very welcome! :thumbsup:

I only wish there were more that I could add, but I think we're doing alright considering how the current rights-holders do almost nothing with the series at all.

I'll be interested in reading that essay, if you get around to it, by the way. ;)