Author Topic: cLemmings  (Read 38670 times)

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: cLemmings
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
My replies:

Crazy 12: I don't really need to say anything here.
Wicked 5: Thanks.
Wicked 8: Not the intended solution, but there's no way around that.
Havoc 4: Definitely. Will fix that.
Havoc 8: Finally! A "hard" level on which you found the intended solution.
Havoc 15: Like Wicked 8, not the intended solution, but there's no way around that.
Havoc 16: I actually wasn't relying on a glitch to remove the backroutes. What I will do, though, is simply extend the steel all the way up and remove the arrows. Not intended at all.
Havoc 17: Backroute, will extend the steel up even further.
Havoc 18: This is the level that I was actually referring to in the spoiler from a month and a half ago.
Havoc 19: I will completely remove that solution by taking away the jutting steel and adding steel in the place where you bashed.

Well, let's go to work.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 04:23:03 PM »
Here's the new version.

I only changed four levels:
Havoc 4
Havoc 16
Havoc 17
Havoc 19

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2014, 10:09:10 PM »
Havoc 8 is a great level then! I would suggest making the trap visible though, of course.
I'll look at the new version when I get home tonight.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »
I'll make it visible when I have time to do so(right now).
I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2014, 10:26:23 PM »
Here it is. This is by far the smallest update, so I'll simply include it in V1.2. Look at the V1.2 post for download.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 01:38:13 AM »
Hi guys

I'll need to get back into playing levels, wow there sure are loads of levels out there now,  :thumbsup:

Hi exit

Can you play your levels on lemmini that's the one I tend to use well it's been awhile since I last used it but there's so many new levels out there. Is it levels where you are going through the entire original and oh no more sets and making them into a harder puzzle or is it unique levels?
(Sorry I hope my question makes sense there)

Keep up the good work guys and I've enjoyed having a sneak peak at Namida's reviews.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 02:43:01 AM »
They're entirely new levels, and they're Lemmix only. Though if you converted them yourself, most should work on Lemmini. I can think of one in Holiday cLemmings that definitely won't work on Lemmini (or for that matter, NeoLemmix); apart from that, they should.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 03:10:36 AM »
They are completely unique levels, no levels from the original lemmings or other set.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »
Havoc 4: Same solution still works with a slight variance.
Havoc 16: Not sure if this is the intended solution or another backroute; if it's the intended one, it's a bit on the easy side.
Havoc 17: The backroute still works.
Havoc 19: This level is pretty interesting now (well, to be fair, even with the backroute it was still a pretty good level), though the save requirement could be a bit higher, and it's another one where the time limit doesn't really serve much purpose other than being annoying. But overall, good level! I actually wonder if this is one where you should leave in both solutions though, as my one still uses a somewhat obscure trick and isn't exactly obvious (as the layout of the level clearly suggests approaching the exit from the left).
My Lemmings projects

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2014, 03:05:28 AM »
Havoc 4: I'm simply going to give up on this one, because I forgot the actual solution. :XD:
Havoc 16: This is the intended solution(at least it's similar, as it uses the same technique).
Havoc 17: If I do anything more, it will interfere with the intended solution, so I can't do anything.
Havoc 19: That isn't the intended solution, by I'll keep both this and the intended solution, because it uses all of the skills.

Well, I think ONMcL is done for now. If anyone else wants to give their feedback they're welcome to.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
I'm taking a huge break from creating lemmings levels. Here are three lemmings levels I created in my spare time. The levels are in custlemm form(limited offer which has expired. If you obtained said file while it was offered, please don't make it available to other people).

Answering my post, I feel like giving my personal feedback to myself. ;P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2014, 01:20:13 AM »
I've just started playing these levels -- so far, completed the Fun difficulty. Nice designs, appropriately easy, fun to solve. The only thing I'd say is that  Fun 26 (The Lemming Tower) has a long solution with a lot that can go wrong, and although every part of the solution is familiar and simple to veteran players, new players would find this inappropriately hard for a Fun level.

Solved Tricky 1-10. A very nice way to steadily ramp up the difficulty, with a mix of tougher "open" levels (lots of skills and various possible solution methods) and puzzles with limited skills. I originally thought "Fortissimo" was way too hard for its place -- then the completion screen came up and I realised I'd gone for the 96% solution and it only required 25%  :P  "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" had me stumped for a while -- in the end I used the bomber and miner to reach the exit and the builder to delay one lemming.

At the moment, completely stuck on Tricky 11 (Scrambled Lemmings). You can only lose 16, but it seems to take much longer than that to build a safe landing -- my best so far isn't even 50%.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »
Every difficulty has one level that is harder than the rest. I've had to say this multiple times, but not without good reason. A Towering Problem is that level in Fun.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly actually has two solutions. One of my "local" testers found that one.

In Scrambled Lemmings, you have to know visually what the splat height looks like. And I know that even experienced players like you can still underestimate how far lemmings can fall visually.

Thanks for playing these, it helps since namida played most of this in 1.1(you are using 1.2, right?).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2014, 02:33:25 PM »
Nope, still stuck. If I build from the highest point on the left crystal that avoids running into the vertical arm of the star and making an unjumpable barrier, it still isn't high enough to avoid splatting, and 24 have already died by the time the bridge gets under the exit. To get the bridge complete in two-thirds that time, I have to lay fewer bricks, which means walking up terrain to get higher, and there isn't any terrain. You'll have to give me a hint.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2014, 07:40:24 PM »
I think that while adding aesthetics, I might've tampered with the solution. Either that or I raised the save rate to much. I'll see which one it is, and I'll fix it.