Author Topic: Project Capybara  (Read 4977 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Project Capybara
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »
Project Capybara is the code name for a new community level set which I'd like to put together. If you'd like to make a level and want it tested/played, upload here!
Also this can be the place to dump reject levels from the first community pack.

goals/focus:
1. focus on features exclusive to lix; new skills and features
2. remake Cheapo levels
3. remake Lemmix and other levels
[I'm not really strict on focusing on any of these rules. But I definitely intend on remaking a bunch of old levels]

To get things started off (actually because I just suddenly got ideas for new levels and have no better place to put them): here is a new level I made for you to play. I wanted this harder/more unusual so I may make changes to it depending on feedback.

*Simon approves this project.

Mod Edit: Restored attachments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 07:31:03 PM by Prob Lem »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Project Capybara
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 12:43:24 AM »
Excellent, very hard level -- took me ages 

I started making a set of Cheapo remakes a while back. I don't think I'll finish it, so you can have the ones I've done if you want some easier levels for your project. Here they are.

Mod Edit: Restored attachments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 07:32:02 PM by Prob Lem »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 12:58:33 AM »
nice.  :) Just fyi, I started this thread now so people can make levels and at least think about it/know it's existing. I don't even have a date for anything set yet.

I also know of a few Cheapo levels I'd like to remake. I actually plan on playing cheapo and looking at all of the tons and tons [which I've never seen before!!]

very nice solution to Theresa falls.. Except it's another case of equalness to the intended. Not sure what I'll do with the level yet.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:15:00 AM »
Someone should've warned Theresa about stairs  ;P

Anyways, if I ever, ever get Lix working somehow, I'll definitely see what stuff I can come up with.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »
I won't take part, firstly because LPIII and secondly because Lix still doesn't work for me, but (as long as it's not *too* many of them) feel free to remake any of my levels (up to and including LPII Bonus; I'd appreciate if you didn't remake any LPIII content for now); I'd just like to see how they turn out though so send me a screenshot or something.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
Here is my first proposal for inclusion in project Capybara. The level is meant to be very hard (at least once the tons of backroutes are removed ;P).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 01:54:34 AM »
it is quite hard, I haven't beaten it yet. I see it's already at version 6?  :D

anyway, I just made a new level; one which has actually been in the works for a while.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 08:52:44 PM »
Here are replays for Theresa and Walkabout (though the ones for the second level are likely backroutes).

I see it's already at version 6?  :D
Yep! I needed five revisions until I could no longer backroute my own level ;). And don't worry if you have trouble solving it - in geoo's difficulty rating system I would give it at least a 3.7.

Here is (with namida's approval) another level: A remake of Rush 4 of the LPII Bonus pack, which hopefully enforces namida's intended solution. In case someone wonders: I decided to use the pipe style instead of the original beach/sand for two reasons. First of all I had to use pretty small terrain pieces at certain places to cope with the missing one-way-walls. Secondly the level would have been much larger using the beach style, which would have resulted in rather long waiting periods.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 06:21:51 PM »
Finally solved Trickster! I was trying a lot of things, but at some point i realized one main thing and then it wasn't too bad from there.
Definitely very interesting level.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »
A very interesting solution with a totally unexpected use of the bomber :thumbsup:. As of now, I am undecided whether to keep your solution. On the one hand it's probably not the best idea to make the level even harder and having two interesting, but completely different solutions would be a good feature of a level in a community level pack. On the other hand, your solution is much more linear than mine and misses some other features as well.
The easiest way to remove your solution would be to change the number of lixes to 100 (or even 200) and still allowing to lose only four lixes.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 12:54:52 AM »
At this point, feel free to remake LPIII levels if you like. Same goes for the levels in the NeoLemmix Tutorial Pack, if they're remakeable in Lix. LPIII Bonus Pack levels are off-limits until further notice (even though it isn't even released yet :P ).

Usual rules - give credit, feel free to create derivative levels instead of remaking them exactly, and I'd appreciate being sent an image of the resulting level. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)