Author Topic: [Lemmini] MobiLems - Beta release!  (Read 22670 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: MobiLems - Alpha release!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »
I'd try NeoLemEdit But I really hate DosBox and everything about it.

??? Despite containing the word "LemEdit" in it, NeoLemEdit is actually a Windows program and doesn't use DOSBox.

Also not sure why the hate on DOSBox?  Whatever its shortcomings, it is currently the best chance for people to get their old DOS games to run the way they used to on old hardware.  Not all such games are as lucky as Lemmings to have a dedicated, talented community of people to rewrite for modern platforms you know.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »

??? Despite containing the word "LemEdit" in it, NeoLemEdit is actually a Windows program and doesn't use DOSBox.

Indeed. The name comes from "Neo" from "NeoLemmix" combined with "LemEdit" because it's a remake of LemEdit; but it's a Windows program, not a DOS one. Unlike NeoLemmix, which uses the existing Lemmix code as a starting point and expands on it, NeoLemEdit is made from scratch. I considered naming it "NeoLE", so that it makes a reference to it without being confusing, but... I just didn't, no real reason. xD
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
Getting close to releasing the much improved Beta Version with tons of fixes. :thumbsup: I've also been told recently of a Facebook Lemmini group. I'll be uploading my game there.

Indeed. The name comes from "Neo" from "NeoLemmix" combined with "LemEdit" because it's a remake of LemEdit; but it's a Windows program, not a DOS one. Unlike NeoLemmix, which uses the existing Lemmix code as a starting point and expands on it, NeoLemEdit is made from scratch. I considered naming it "NeoLE", so that it makes a reference to it without being confusing, but... I just didn't, no real reason. xD

oh cool, I didn't realize this at first.

about DOS Box; it lacks a lot of things most emulators have like speed up and save states. It's also a major pain to use, as ccx stated a long time ago once you're used to it or if you actually used DOS in the old days maybe it's fine but otherwise its not like most emulators again, where you simply load game and play. I personally have no reason to use it as Lemmings is literally the only DOS game I can even name.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: MobiLems - Beta release!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 10:06:34 PM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLems%20InstallPack4.zip

Beta version (version much closer to a final product) is finally here!  :)

Many things were changed; see the Read-Me file for a full list. I made hints for most of the levels. I will try to finish the hints soon.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 01:56:02 PM »
Some of you might not be aware of this, but roundthewheelrtw is doing a let's play on MobiLems.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 06:42:47 PM »
pack has been updated (version 5). Not a major update but around 5 levels have been altered. And a few removed from Oh no more levels making the whole pack slightly shorter.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLems%20InstallPack5.zip

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
updated on October 1. There is now custom music. Thanks to Kewlio for finding some of the songs I used.  :thumbsup:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »
I am absolutely stumped on Take a Giant Nose Dive. Hints?

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
I am absolutely stumped on Take a Giant Nose Dive. Hints?
Ooh, I was baffled for a moment by this level too, I found it quite clever. I played it in the initial release, so if the level hasn't changed after that, then these hints should help, highlight to read.

Hint 1:
You need to send three lemmings ahead; two floaters and the bomber.

Hint 2:
Assign the first floater a blocker -- really close to the wall.

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »
Oh man. That was really clever. I don't know that I'd have ever figured that out all by my lonesome, but those hints were exactly the push I needed. That was brilliant.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 04:32:55 AM »
There is a slightly less interesting way to solve it (which saves even 95%).

Hint:
Send only two lemmings ahead; one floater and the bomber. Then make good use of the one-way wall.

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 03:10:41 PM »
Okay, what funky building trick am I not seeing in "Inventions and Dimensions"?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »
Hint:
The first builder has to face left.
Hope this is enough.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »
I am finally done with the Pack! Exellent work möbius! :thumbsup:
But I propably backrouted "tres hombres" (I dont think the basher glitch is needed there) and "eye of the needle" (saved 1 more yay :)).
Maybe when I have finished uploading my "Revenge of the Lemmings" solutions, I will do Mobilems, too.(slowly getting into the record stuff :D)
And just as I saw rtw here: I hope you will also do the "Revenge" Pack. There can't be enough Lemming vids with uncle roundie :D

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »
So, the solutions of the 6th version are all uploaded! :) (Playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKR1N9oJTTlK4VUD4M2wdbW8oBVj-z8Cm)
Next on the list will be PacGuy765's Challenge Pack (Pack1, 2 and 3).