Author Topic: Lemmings Touch first impressions  (Read 17492 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Touch first impressions
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »
Maybe they didn't have enough time to make 100 unique ones?
It can't be that - the game was "Coming Soon" in September of 2013, but then didn't show up until eight months later. It looked stable and far-along when it was first shown (which is further backed up if if is indeed based on the PSP/PS Mobile engine but with added spangly graphics, as is suspected), so surely a great deal of time should have been available to make the levels? ???

I guess we'll never know, though.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
I personally wouldn't mind the old levels being included; if its my favorites that is, I like them and never get tired of them. Plus keep in mind that most of the people playing this are totally new to the game and have never seen these levels before.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 07:57:30 AM »
I like the new background of Egypt. The one in the PSP didn't look much like Egypt. It just had those pillars that were the same as the terrains with Lemmings dressed up Egyptian like. The new one even has a pyramid.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
Plus keep in mind that most of the people playing this are totally new to the game and have never seen these levels before.
I'm not so sure, myself.

The most popular (in as far as "popular" can be applied to it, haha :D) PS Vita package here actually includes PSP Lemmings, and it seems to be one of the most popular download purchases on the PS Store, too.

So far, the only commentary I've seen on the game (and not just around here, either) has been from folks who actually have seen it all before. The PS Vita's audience is extremely narrow, and the machine simply doesn't attract people who are likely to never have played Lemmings before (and those who have been drawn to it but never have played Lemmings generally aren't going to be the sorts who'd give it a look anyway, if we take how the machine is targetted, and the majority of its software library, into account)...

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »
Here's an interview with one of the creators of Lemmings Touch Mark O'Connor. It's an old interview when the game was just released. He was asked about the editor at 3:36. :o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUmPYEHEm9c
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 06:27:43 PM »
Whaaaaaa...? That answer about the editor makes no sense... :(

For clarity, for those who've not watched the video;

Q: Any consideration to an editor?
A: Um, I think, y'know, it's something that we could look at maybe in the future. Not, not, not right now, it's just a case of getting it onto the PS Vita, um, you know, and the levels are really nice looking, and then, you know, we've got all-new Lemmings models and backgrounds and artwork, and it's all kind of hi-def now, and, erm, y'know, you can zoom right into the lemmings, see, with the pinch and zoom type thing, so it's all about getting really close to the cute little characters, and seeing these little kind of individual animations that make it fun.

It's also a little worrying that they don't mention that almost half of the levels are repeats from 23 years ago, too, though I guess I wouldn't really expect that. ;P

Anyhow, good find, Luis. :thumbsup:

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:54 AM »
It was funny how he was trying to avoid giving a good answer to that question. I don't think there's ever gonna be a Lemmings game that will top the first one with the original 120 levels. It's still to this day the best in the series. Lemmings Touch has turned out to be one of the meh ones.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:30:54 AM by Luis »
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 10:00:45 AM »
I don't think there's ever gonna be a Lemmings game that will top the first one with the original 120 levels. It's still to this day the best in the series.
You know a game called "Oh No! More Lemmings"? ;)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 02:14:45 PM »
Lemmings Touch has turned out to be one of the meh ones.
Yeah, and this is made all the more sad by the fact that it starts out so well, has a couple of cool new additions, and has obviously been made with great care and respect for the original games. :(

It's a number of the new levels, along with the broken controls (an issue which could have been solved by using the traditional skills bar, instead of the pop-out menus), that let down what should have, at the least, been a solid new installment.

I don't think there's ever gonna be a Lemmings game that will top the first one with the original 120 levels. It's still to this day the best in the series.
You know a game called "Oh No! More Lemmings"? ;)
In all fairness to Oh No! More Lemmings, it isn't really as accessible as the original game is; Even though there are some people who got their start with the series with ONML, it's really squarely aimed at those who thoroughly mastered the original levels first, rather than beginners.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 06:08:34 PM »
Oh, this looks cool!
I didn't know official Lemmings games had still been made in the last 10 years and honestly, I hadn't expected it.
But to see things like this have still been made and hopefully will still be made makes me quite happy. I don't have anything with Playstation though, so the moment I'd hype is the moment it'd come back to Nintendo! ;)