Author Topic: SuperLemmini 0.104a  (Read 171567 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.104a
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2021, 01:29:42 AM »
All rightie, since you have given permission, I'll see what I can do. From what I remember when I played this pack years ago, I was able to solve all the levels except for "The Snow Palace," so that's really the only level that needs editing to make it solvable. I do have two ideas in mind, although one of them might be too fiddly to do. I'll have to see. I thought you did a pretty good job with the pack. I'm guessing it's a level you made and not an already existing level you edited? At least I don't ever recall seeing the level in some pack I have played.

I'm having lots of fun now playing these new packs on super lemmini. I am also working through lemmings revolution... I got it working under windows 10 finally.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the Superlemmini content. It's a shame that there aren't that many original level packs for Superlemmini, as most of the ones that currently exist are simply conversions from one engine to SL, but there's still some members here who are Superlemmini fans. Though I enjoy Neolemmix because of the very useful quality of life features, I still prefer Superlemmini over NL any day, as I'm quite the traditionalist when it comes to Lemmings.

Also, that's cool to hear that you're playing through Lemmings Revolution. Great game, I can say. I recently got it installed on my computer again from earlier this year I think, so I will definitely be going through the game again at some point, as I certainly have forgotten many of the levels. I think I have only completed the game either once or twice, but that was from years ago. It's definitely a pain to get working on modern OSes, but it's definitely worth it, as it's a game I recommend that people play.

Have you ever played Lemmings 2? Give that a try as well. In my opinion, it's neither good nor bad, but you might still enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2021, 10:52:41 PM »
I made only a couple levels, most were reworked from community levels. I can't remember if I made that one or not any more. It was 6 years ago. I did intend to keep the time at 10 minutes and add skills to make it possible though.

I have played Lemmings 2. I was turned off by the new skills a bit and eventually lost interest. I'll probably try it again someday soon.

Let me know if you tweak the pack or update it and upload it. I'll play through it again if you do.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2021, 09:26:10 AM »
Will do! I will also credit you since you are the original author of the pack ;) Note it'll likely be a long while before I do anything with it, if ever.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2021, 06:27:09 PM »
Hello Tsyu,

A bug I discovered while playing around with Superlemmini.

Steps to reproduce:

• Choose any level pack to play, and make sure the allLevelsUnlocked = true line is in the levelpack.ini file for the pack (very important!)
  • Pick any level from the pack and let the game load up the level by clicking "continue"
  • Once inside the level, pick another level from the same level pack or any pack where the levelpack.ini file has the line allLevelsUnlocked = true
  • Complete/solve the level successfully.
  • At the postresults screen, open up the level menu, and you'll see that the level you just solved is not marked with "completed"

However, the next level you play after solving the second level and successfully solve will be marked as "completed" as appropriate. So, it seems that this bug only happens when loading up a level and going inside, load up another level, and you successfully solve the new level. The important thing is making sure the levels you load up are from packs that have the line allLevelsUnlocked = true in the levelpack.ini file.

After some more testing, this bug does NOT occur if you first load up a level that has the allLevelsUnlocked = true line and once inside the level, you load up a level from a different pack that does NOT have the levels unlocked line, as it will say that the new level you loaded up is "completed" if you successfully solve it.

Needless to say, this is an annoyance, especially having to do a level all over again just so one can see a level marked as "completed." Even more so if you're a completist like me, where you get a kick out of seeing all levels marked as "completed" in a level pack.

EDIT: Ah, so turns out that it is NOT necessary for both packs to have the levels unlocked line in order to trigger off the bug. Instead, what matters is the second level you load up, making sure the pack you load it from has the levels unlocked line. In other words, this bug will also occur if you first load up and go inside a level from a pack that doesn't have the levels unlocked line, but then the next level you load up and successfully solve is from a pack that has the all levels unlocked line.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 06:39:46 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 30, 2022, 05:34:17 AM »
The following error appears when attempting to extract resources:

Resource extraction failed.
Unable to patch file gfx/lemming/lemm_basher_2p.png.
Size of source differs from that in patch header
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 07:04:13 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2022, 05:38:55 AM »
This topic is now set to non-sticky until SuperLemmini is updated.

Note to SuperLemmini users:

SuperLemminiToo is a more recent version of SL which fixes a number of bugs, re-implements timed bombers (as an option), adds various UI features and removes the need to extract resources from WinLemm. It is strongly recommended that you use this version instead, at least until SuperLemmini is updated.