Author Topic: SuperLemmini 0.104a  (Read 171510 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.90b
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »
That's actually exactly how it looks in the Amiga version.  It's the DOS version that removed the liquid objects there (plus many other places in many levels).  I guess it's trying to depict tubes of bubbling liquid.

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 09:35:55 PM »
That's actually exactly how it looks in the Amiga version.  It's the DOS version that removed the liquid objects there (plus many other places in many levels).  I guess it's trying to depict tubes of bubbling liquid.

Oh, ok, I didn't know about it! Although it seems pretty weird and misplaced   :XD:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 10:19:53 PM »
Just to make sure (since I haven't tried SuperLemmini), this is what it looks like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEutzsETmS8&t=660

I'll admit the effect in the Amiga version is maybe only half-successful, but I guess it's the best they can do at the time.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 03:37:52 AM »
Heh, I had never seen that before. It's certianly a very unique way of using the draw-on-terrain effect.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »
Just to make sure (since I haven't tried SuperLemmini), this is what it looks like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEutzsETmS8&t=660

I'll admit the effect in the Amiga version is maybe only half-successful, but I guess it's the best they can do at the time.

Yes, that's the way the level is showed up on SuperLemmini. I thought it was a bug, since I've only played and completed MS-DOS Lemmings games, and never saw that before  :D

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.91
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2014, 07:02:53 AM »
Version 0.91 is out! Here are most of the changes:
  • The "swap buttons" option was not being saved correctly. This has been fixed.
  • Removed a call to KeyEvent.consume() that prevented Alt-F4 from closing SuperLemmini during levels.
  • It is now possible to have entrances spawn left-facing lemmings. To do this, add a sixth value to the entrance's object entry and set it to 1. (In the future, this sixth value may be extended to modify other object types.)
  • Added support for the following NeoLemmix extended LVL features: more precise steel size and placement; second-based time limits; left-facing entrances; fake objects; gimmick codes that enable superlemming (although only the superlemming feature is supported).
  • Changed the way that random music selection works when loading a level via the "Load Level" dialog. Rather than just picking a random music file from the "music" folder, it now tries the following in order: 1) If the level uses a special style and a music file with the special style's name exists in the "music\special" folder, then that file is selected for the level. 2) If a folder with the same name as the level's style exists in the "music" folder and that folder contains music files, then a random music file is selected from that folder. 3) A random music file is selected from the "music" folder.
  • Added an option to disable using percentages for the number of lemmings saved.
  • Added a message that warns when a replay might be incompatible with the current version of SuperLemmini.

Because I added the sixth object_x parameter to the documentation in the level files, resource extraction is required.

Also, I updated the Genesis levels to take advantage of a new feature in SuperLemmini 0.91 relating to the edges of levels, so if you downloaded that pack before, please download it again.

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 01:15:54 PM »
Not with this current version (which I have not tried yet), but with 0.90 I have received this error, just before playing Taxing 2 ("Watch out, there's traps about!"). I don't know if it will happen with the new version or you have corrected it:

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
Not with this current version (which I have not tried yet), but with 0.90 I have received this error, just before playing Taxing 2 ("Watch out, there's traps about!"). I don't know if it will happen with the new version or you have corrected it:
Thanks for reporting that. That problem also existed in 0.91, but it is fixed in the new 0.91a, so go get that from the original post. (Since the problem was in the LVL converter, a resource extraction is required.)

Offline Lomax

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.91a
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 11:09:34 PM »
Found a graphics related error. It looks glitchy when a Lemming burns up.

Also, there are a couple of levels missing from the Genesis pack - Test level and Flag test level.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.91b
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2014, 12:11:22 AM »
Found a graphics related error. It looks glitchy when a Lemming burns up.
This is fixed in version 0.91b, which is now available in the original post.

Also, there are a couple of levels missing from the Genesis pack - Test level and Flag test level.
Yes, I'm aware of those levels. I purposefully left them out since they're not normally accessible. If you want me to, though, I can release them as a separate pack.

Offline Lomax

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »
I would like to see them as a separate pack.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »
Here you go. Make sure that you already have the main Genesis pack since that includes a mod that this pack uses.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89353583/Lemmings/Lemmini/superlemmini_megadrive_test_levels.zip

Both levels are unlocked from the start. Also, there is no password for level 2.

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »
By chance, I've found a bug on Havoc 18 ("Lemmings In A Situation"): climber lemmings are able to clamber through the obstacle of the right thin wall (left part of the screen). A picture is worth a thousand words:

P.S. However, it doesn't happen with the left thin wall.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 06:46:15 PM »
By chance, I've found a bug on Havoc 18 ("Lemmings In A Situation"): climber lemmings are able to clamber through the obstacle of the right thin wall (left part of the screen). A picture is worth a thousand words:

P.S. However, it doesn't happen with the left thin wall.
I've confirmed this myself; I also confirmed that it doesn't happen in the Amiga version. I will see if I can fix it in version 0.92.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.92
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2014, 04:04:45 AM »
Version 0.92 is out! Here are the changes:
  • When loading sampled music formats (i.e., anything that isn't a module or MIDI file), SuperLemmini now looks for a version of the music file with "_intro" appended at the end of the file name but before the extension. (For example, if the game loads mysong.ogg, then it will look for mysong_intro.ogg.) If that file exists and uses the same format (i.e., same encoding, sample rate, channel count, and sample size, although bit rate may differ) as the main music file, then it will be played just once before the main file. This makes it possible to have a song intro that does not loop.
  • Fixed a bug where, if a blocker was in the trigger area of certain objects, the blocker mask would be erased immediately rather than when the object was triggered.
  • When reaching one-way arrows in the wrong direction, bashers no longer silently stop bashing as if reaching empty space.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed a lemming to climb through one of the ledges in Havoc 18. (It's still possible to do this if a builder step is placed below the ledge and touching the wall, though.)
  • New versions of MOD files based on Mindless's re-rips

The Genesis pack has also been updated so that the music for the Sunsoft level can take advantage of that first change.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that documentation on the level format is now found in the "docs" folder that's included with SuperLemmini. It could probably be written better, but at least it documents every parameter that's supported in level files.