Author Topic: [deprecated] CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V27)  (Read 33537 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Okay. I might see if I can test this on a different computer or a virtual machine, as it gives no problems on mine - which might be due to the fact that I have Delphi installed, as the program to generate the RES file is part of Delphi. Does it give any error messages?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline exit

• View Profile
No error messages.  It just doesn't generate a RES file.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Redownload and try now. I replaced the Delphi resource compiler with a freeware one that should be independant of anything installed (or not installed) on your system; see if this works any better.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix (Traditional: V13) (Flexi player now available!)
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »
From now on, source code for each new version (including V13; I don't have it anymore for older versions sorry) will be available in this folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z1h2vwtu90w8igs/AABWTJ4-wR_QIgmXGIWc5Plla/Lemmix/Source%20Code

The source code includes both Cust and Flexi. You might notice there's two versions of each Flexi player; the ones with a "2" at the end are the ones from the Flexi Tool, while the other ones are the standard versions.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix (Traditional: V14) (Flexi player now available!)
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
Alright, V14 is here!

CustLemmix & Flexi Player
---------------
* Supports overriding the normal palette with the Xmas one on specific graphic sets. The included copy of the Xmas set has been set to use this override.

Flexi Player
---------------
* The "Use Xmas Palette" option now works. Note that this option does not get applied to graphic sets, as those can be set on an individual basis whether to use the Xmas palette or not. (The copy included with the Flexi Toolkit *is* set to use the Xmas palette.)

CustLemmix downloads
Flexi Player downloads
Source code can be found here

All these options will also be available in NeoLemmix (including NeoCustLemmix) in the next update.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix (Traditional: V15)
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »
V15 update! :D

CustLemmix & Flexi Player
---------------
* Adds support for DAT files with sections larger than 64KB
* Adds support for RGB-based (rather than palette-based) VGASPECs; use the NeoLemmix Editor to create these

There are no new features that are specific to only CustLemmix or only Flexi.

CustLemmix downloads
Flexi Player downloads
Source code can be found here
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V15+)
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 05:20:33 AM »
V15+ update for CustLemmix! There's no update for FlexiLemmix as nothing new is added that would affect it.

CustLemmix
------------------
* Can now integrate with the NeoLemmix Editor to provide a playtest mode, just like NeoCustLemmix can.

CustLemmix downloads

One very minor issue with the integration that I'm not going to bother uploading a new fix for (but will fix in the next update if there is one) is that it displays the rank as "Step1" instead of "TEST MODE" while using the playtest feature. But I am aware of it.

EDIT: Or maybe I will; since I found another issue that, while also minor, could get annoying. (If you exit from the preview screen, it displays the menu rather than outright exiting.) Upload versions that fix both of these issues.

Any issues with playtest integration with the editor should be reported in the NeoLemmix topic unless they only occur in traditional mode and never in NeoLemmix mode (ie: when using NeoCustLemmix).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V16)
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 04:47:19 AM »
V16 update is here. This is actually a somewhat unusual case, as there aren't *any* features that apply to both engines, but anyway...

CustLemmix V16
----------------------
* Adds the VGASPECs from the Genesis version (and "The Apple Computer Level").
* Supports the same quick test mode features as NeoCustLemmix V1.19n.
* Supports the same external file prefix feature as NeoCustLemmix V1.19n.

New CustLemmix downloads

Flexi Lemmix V16
-----------------------
* Fixes a bug where replays would be saved with a filename based on the level's name
  (like CustLemmix), instead of the rank and position (like all other Lemmix players).

New Flexi Lemmix downloads

V16 Source Code
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V17)
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 03:26:33 PM »
V17 update is here. This adds support for graphic sets with more than 64KB each of object and terrain data. There are no new features that are specific to only Cust or only Flexi.

CustLemmix V17 and FlexiLemmix V17
--------------------------------------------------
*  Adds support for graphic sets with more than 64KB per section of image data.

CustLemmix: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nxdlwjuvp09fona/AADPy_T6dxcbZJqS7aOVzlN0a
Flexi: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jcq1ndmvpc5215d/AAAnClvX98dnQmBkcabFoIaJa
Source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/crawou5mx2h9sjs/PlayerSource_CustLemmix_V17.zip
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V18)
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 12:49:14 PM »
I've added a few extra things to the Xmas graphic set; you can get the updated version here. It'll be included internally in these from the next update. A copy of them has already been added to the latest Flexi Toolkit zip.

EDIT: Here's the update.

CustLemmix V18 & FlexiLemmix V18
------------------------------------------------
> The Xmas graphic set has been extended with three extra objects from the Snow style.

Cust: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fu0wztnfy3kn65h/AABzNSoFbqqwSxV1IBIs_mlIa
Flexi: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u9ysmyr4qone1zh/AABUkqwkF78h8Q194mEv2blRa
Source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpzwxzo0qxqrdun/PlayerSource_CustLemmix_V18.zip

Specifically, the new objects are the water, the ice blower, and the icicle trap.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »
I'm working on making Lemmix players based off the CustLemm source for all the official games (including Extra), so that they too can benefit from any updates made to CustLemmix. One such example would be that in the next update, I plan to include the save image snapshot feature that was also recently added to NeoLemmix.

I don't plan to include LPDOS and LPII in this, partly because (especially LPII) the extra mechanics differences would overcomplicate this.

To do:
  • Original Lemmings
  • Oh No! More Lemmings!
  • Xmas Lemmings 91/92
  • Holiday Lemmings 94
  • Covox Lemmings
  • Prima Publishing Lemmings
  • Extra

All done with adding them. Need to do more testing, as well as testing Cust and Flexi to make sure anything I've done hasn't broken them. If all goes well, then updated versions of all of the above will be available at the same time as the next CustLemmix update.

Aside from this meaning I was able to add in Ohayo Lemming San to Extra, there's already one immediately-visible benefit - correct object colors in Other 9 (or well, Other 10 now), as CustLemmix has supported mixing of standard and Xmas styles for a long time now.

EDIT: Seems that everything works fine - ran into one minor snag on Flexi, but that's it, and it was very easy to fix. Now I can get on to adding the new features for the next update, which unless there's anything else anyone would specifically like to see in CustLemmix (note: don't ask for any gameplay changes, including gimmick support (even those that were in LPII), it won't happen as that destroys the whole point of having a Traditional version - however things that don't directly impact gameplay, examples of which would be the image saving, or checking correct levels of replays (NeoLemmix has this, I could look into implementing it here if there was enough interest)), is pretty much just the image saving.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »
Alright, done! This topic will remain primarily for CustLemmix and Flexi Lemmix; for all others you should see the Lemmix Players Collection topic in the general lemmings section. Any issues that apply to both the standard players and Cust/Flexi can be posted in either topic.

CustLemmix / Flexi Lemmix V19
------------------------------------------
*  Pressing 5 to skip a level now only works when Cheat Codes is active.
*  You can now save a level image by pressing I; this works both during gameplay (in which
   case it will save the current state of the level, including lemmings) or on the preview
   screen before a level.

CustLemmix: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fdzjjvh3sdfrrvd/AADgHe9c_XZ-IjeiuQEq5MVWa
Flexi Lemmix: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8te7xcgdghd9i70/AADOoAk-IHaJMiZ7dnYPX9Xia
Source Code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m92imjda4mc2yo3/PlayerSource_V19.zip (Includes source for *all* V19 players)

(Yes, traditional is actually ahead of Neo on the save image feature - NeoLemmix doesn't support it on the preview screen yet, only in-level. I do plan to rectify that in the next update though.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V19)
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
An issue has been identified with the Flexi Toolkit that may make Resource Hacker refuse to allow adding the RES file on certain systems. I've reuploaded the latest version of the toolkit with updates that fix this problem.

It does not affect the non-toolkit version of Flexi or any of the other players.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V21)
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 05:47:13 PM »
V21 of traditional Lemmix has been released, and with it, some major changes to Cust and Flexi. Specifically, there are no longer seperate versions for Orig and OhNo mechanics; instead these can be configured in the INI file (for Cust) or as options when building a pack (for Flexi).

Updated downloads are here:
CustLemmix
Flexi Lemmix
Source code (As usual, this includes all Traditional Lemmix players)

For Flexi, you'll need the new version of LemMain to configure the mechanics options.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V21)
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2014, 03:21:26 AM »
I've written a tutorial for how to make Flexi packs - firstly with the normal player, then how to turn that into a toolkit; as well as a more detailed writeup about the options in a SYSTEM.INI file. Hopefully this will be useful and more people will feel comfortable using it now.

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/flexitutorial.html
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/flexitutorial2.html
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/systemini.html

Let me know if there's anything I should add to it.
My Lemmings projects