Author Topic: Mafia -- Lemmings Edition  (Read 17350 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Mafia -- Lemmings Edition
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 10:54:26 AM »
If you assume Rubix was the blocker, then a miner without information today will remain silent now to protect himself without blockers from the mafia.

This is simply too many eggs in the same basket, and you need both the blocker kill (1/6) and miner detect rogue (1/3) for this, which are independent.

-- Simon

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »
Well, I guess this was inevitable in my first game, but it looks like I'm destined to become clam chowder no matter what I do now. But for the sake of the team, I'll reveal my identity now, because we're more likely to lose if I don't (which by definition results in clam chowder anyway :().

I'm the blocker. Rubix was the miner (no way he'd make that comment if he wasn't a special role), and therefore Ramon is a lying rogue.

Simon may or may not be a rogue. There's no concrete evidence either way. So if we vote him off now, there's a chance he'll turn out to be innocent - and of course that means game over. Not so if we vote off Ramon.

I second the accusation against Ramon.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »
Even though I am dead
I swear on my grave
that by listening to Clam you will be misled

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »
hmmmmmmm...

things are really getting interesting. It's interesting that I was the one who initially accusted Simon but somehow Ramon took the clam* blame for that. I would've remained quiet about this but it seems I need to take action because now we have two people being accused with each one seconded.

My initial accusations were just guesses [feebly cloaked in poorly adapted quotes from a movie]. Sort of like what Ramon said, I wanted to acuse somebody and wait for reactions and see what happened next. Things are getting clearer now (which makes me nervous honestly). Things are a little too clear actually... it's making me really confused. Anyway I feel like I have at least a good enough idea of things to tip the vote. If I'm wrong oh well, this is just the first game [and it's quite fun I must say]

I vote to off Simon

*typed clam instead of blame by total accident  :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 08:43:04 PM »
Oh Clam, you could have stayed under the rogue radar if you just let Simon be voted off.  :-\

Probably means Rubix was the blocker then. I doubt Clam would out himself as a blocker if the real blocker were still alive.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 12:44:25 AM »
Summary of Accusations:
-Ramon accused Simon, which has been seconded by möbius and thirded by geoo.
-Simon accused Ramon, which has been seconded by Clam.

Tally of the Accused:
-Simon (thirded)
-Ramon (seconded)

A deadline will be placed for 29 hours from now, or 2014-04-16 05:00 AM GMT. Any accusations or secondings made after six hours before that deadline will result in a slight prolonging of the deadline, to prevent unfair exploitations of the time limit.

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 01:00:39 PM »
It's over, NaOH, I doubt anybody will still change their mind  :scared:

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 12:30:31 AM »
Hi y'all,

Sorry that I'm, um, 18 hours late. There was a hijinx involving a bunny suit and narcolepsy.

Anyway, where were we..? Oh yeah, Simon's lynched.

Normally at this point, night would fall, but the mafia have PM'd me and they've decided to resign. They put up a valiant effort, and the odds were stacked against them. At this point, it's essentially impossible for them to win any more, given how the masses have basically discovered who they are. Hopefully no one will hold any grudges!

Final Report:

Not Dead Yet
Ramon - Miner
möbius - Miner
geoo - Innocent
Clam - Rogue

Ex-Lemmings
RubiX - Blocker
Simon - Rogue

Game over. Play again y/n

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 01:38:18 AM »
gg

Yeah, it's hard when the strategy depends on no fast miner outings, but there are two miners alive both with positive tests conducted. It didn't help either that dead people are allowed to talk, which might be properly forbidden in the next instance due to their trustworthiness. :-)

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 01:40:05 AM »
well this game certainly ended suddenly.  :o

Mafia got lucky in offing the blocker right away. Then the two miners got unlucky(?) in both spying on Simon though it turned out in our favor I guess. I was suspicious of Ramon because it seemed unlikely we'd both spy on the same person unknowingly and I did mention Simon first. He could've been lying.

Having two miners seemed a bit unfair to the Mafia side but idk. I agree dead people should not be allowed to talk.

I still don't understand how Rubix knew Clam was rouge??

play again? Yes, definitely, this was a lot of fun!  :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2014, 04:29:06 AM »
^ I didnt know clam was rogue

clam said "i was the blocker, and rubix must be the miner"

I responded with saying he is lieing
I knew I was the blocker, so I knew his statement was completely false.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 09:04:46 AM »
This was fun to try for sure, but stressful with the whole "one false move and you lose" thing that comes with having the bare minimum of players.

I stopped taking it seriously though when I realised the "ghost" was still playing for the innocent team - as if they didn't have enough advantage already. I can appreciate that it sucks to be the first kill in this game, but there are probably more balanced ways to allow the dead to participate. One could argue that this should be made explicit in the rules, but it was actually a fun surprise to see a dead player "haunting" the survivors :P. I'm curious as to exactly what instructions were given for posting while dead - was it just "say whatever you like but it has to rhyme"?

And I didn't realise there were two miners, I assumed there was only one :o. One miner and no blockers seems like a sweet spot, unless we have considerably more players.

Anyway... Rumours abound that I will be hosting the next game! 8()

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 02:44:20 AM »
It was difficult to anticipate all the subtleties in the rules. I tried to be as neutral as possible, but I guess that was not what happened in the end. I figured allowing dead lemmings to talk would not add disbalancing information into the game, but clearly I was wrong.

Anyway, I'd love to be a player in the next game. Thanks for stepping up, Clam!

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
A bit late to the party here, but, yeah, a typical mafia game has no more than 1 detective and 1 doctor (miner, blocker) in the game, unless large numbers of players are involved (> 14 or so), and the dead aren't allowed to talk once they're dead.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2014, 11:15:25 PM »
Although, in a normal Mafia game the dead players get to see what happens at night. In this, they don't really have any more information than the rest.