Author Topic: Lemmings Chronicles  (Read 6446 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Lemmings Chronicles
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »
Hi everyone, (Just a quick question)

I've never played lemmings chronicles before, would you guys recommend lemmings Chronicles.  ??? (looks not bad graphic wise) I might maybe need to use the dos box to get it working.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
I can highly recommend it :thumbsup:. It's quite a departure from other games in the series, with more focus on managing individual lemmings thanks to the unlimited walker/jumper/blocker abilities. There are other unique elements like pickups for all other skills, bonus lemmings on the level, and monsters (remember to turn on Adults mode!).

A custom levelset exists, though I don't recommend it too highly (definitely finish the original before considering it) despite having made it myself.

It's a DOS game, so yes, you'll need DOSBox to run it.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:24:22 AM »
Thanks Clam

I've managed to get the demo version of the game to work but I think this is the full version I have now which I have changed the kids mode to adult  8) The egyptian lemmings look nice,

It's weird out of most of the lemmings games it's taking me a while to get round to lemmings chronicles.

(I've noticed that the now I'm getting a message saying "to start lemmings type 13" hope I can get the full version to work)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:38:23 AM »
Hi everyone (Hope you have been well)

I must encourage anyone who hasn't played lemmings Chronicles, it's a must try. Even though the game is slightly different to the original lemmings and the controls can get frustrating, it's sure worth a blast.

One thing I must warn is if you want to get the top awards make sure you are saving all the lemmings because I'm making the assumption it runs on the same lines as lemmings tribes.

Very nice puzzles indeed, still I've got a long way to go before I complete the game because I started to notice I wasn't saving them all.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:34:31 PM »
Chronicles is a great game (it's one of my favourites in the series), and is sadly overlooked and under-rated. The fact that they never properly finished it, and consequently never ported it to many platforms, probably never helped it. :(

I never found the controls to be too frustrating (I use the Z and X keys to cycle through the skills, and the right-click highlight option is clearer than the one in some versions of Lemmings 2), but there is one gotcha: If you pause and then click on a skill, it will unpause the game. Be wary of this!

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »
One thing I must warn is if you want to get the top awards make sure you are saving all the lemmings because I'm making the assumption it runs on the same lines as lemmings tribes.

To complete the game and get the final sequence, you need to finish each tribe with at least 50 lemmings.  You can lose a few (i.e. no more than 5-10) lemmings in each tribe and still meet this requirement.  Of course, a true Lemmings master will be able to complete the game saving every lemming.

I do agree that The Lemmings Chronicles is highly underrated and all too often overlooked on these forums.  Some of the later levels, particularly in the Classic and Shadow tribes, are among my favorites in the entire series.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:37:54 PM »
It sure unique game well even though lemmings paintball would probably be one of the most unique out of the lemmings games. (This might probably be a debatable area)  :D

I actually quite like the graphics in the game and the game itself sort of has that lemmings playstation 3 feel to it as you can pick up certain skills. I might hopefully try to complete the game soon as I've been having a break from it recently.  :)

You know what there sure is a lot of good classic games out there that we might of missed, I've been playing a couple of classics myself recently.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 04:21:41 AM »
I do agree that The Lemmings Chronicles is highly underrated and all too often overlooked on these forums.
Honestly, this is probably the place where it's most-appreciated! :scared:

Views I've seen outside of here usually tend to fall into two distinct categories: "There was a Lemmings 3?!", or "I hated it.", with the latter usually having no reason given other than "The graphics are bigger and I don't like that." (nobody ever seems to touch on the legitimate gripe of the very broken Replay function).

That said, I did once stumble across this wonderful blog post about the entire series, which, in a refreshing change from the norm, does give Chronicles its due. :)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 02:23:03 AM »
At first I was too obsessive with the PSP Lemmings and didn't care about the other games in the series, that came before it until I startled playing the Oh No! More Lemmings levels in Lemmix. Maybe I'll give Chronicles a try, when I'm done with all the levels in the viewer.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 10:35:13 AM »
Thanks for posting the link to the blog Prob Lem, Looks not a bad read.

It's worth a try Luis,

Offline Nowhere Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »
Hello,
I'm a new user and sorry to dig up an old topic, but I'm unable to find this information elsewhere. How is the replay function used??? Really, anytime I click it - with the last of played-before level highlighted on the map - it say something (I don't remember it 100% exactly) that I need to play a level for this tribe before I can save or load a replay. But I already have! I don't want to keep going through all the previous levels, I want to save my game! But how??? Why is it never told, only letting you know that such an option exists?

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »
Before you can load or save replays you must first have loaded or saved your game. On the main menu screen there is a candle next to the lemming playing the bongos. Use this to save or load your game. This game does not auto-save, so make sure to save your progress when you stop playing.

Once your play session is associated with a save file (by loading or saving) you can now also use the replay feature. To save replay of the level you just completed, click on the save replay button after beating a level. To load a replay, you right-click on the dot that represents that level and the replay will be loaded if you have one. Replays are specific to the save file, so each save file will have its own replays.

Note that ridiculously, if you solve a level using the replay feature, either by loading a replay or pressing R during gameplay, it does not count. You can only unlock the next level by beating it without using replays. Why they decided to do this I will never understand.

If all you want to do is keep ypur progress between play sessions, loading and saving on the main menu is all you need and replays can be ignored.

Offline Nowhere Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 12:58:47 PM »
Thanks. I thought that somehow, replays = saves for this particular game and I had no idea that the candle does something.

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 04:27:22 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 11:08:35 PM »
How are we doing today?

I enjoyed watching Ichotolot doing a lets play of the lemmings chronicles. It was a fun watch and it is a tricky game to complete, I saved all the lemmings hopefully, I'm sure I did but you never know. A big thanks to IchoTolot for the lets play. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wonder if anyone else has a lets play of lemmings chronicles? I feel this is the type of game where you can have a lot solutions to the same level, that's what I think made lemmings a great game in the first place I feel.

I must stress this, we should try to not compare this to other lemmings games, it's a lot different to the original and you could probably say the same for lemmings two tribes as well. Like for example the whole lemmings paintball thing was that you would compare other lemmings games with the lemmings paintball which probably gave it a bad review.

I never knew that Kieranmillar about the replay feature, I did the game the hard way, it probably does not allow you to do it with the replay feature.

Keep well everyone. :)