Author Topic: PSP Levels Sharing  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
PSP Levels Sharing
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:23:42 AM »
Back then, the PSP Lemmings use to have an online server, where you can upload your levels and download other people's levels. Right now, you can't do that anymore, since the server has been shutdown, because it became less active. But there's a way to still share your PSP levels, without the server. Just connect your PSP to your computer with a USB. From the Computer, go to savadata and copy and paste the "LEMBANKSLOT" file to your computer, than upload the file to the attachment, when you reply.

There's one problem with this method though. The name of the file that has the levels is called: LEMBANKSLOT# The slot number means, if your level is LEMBANKSLOT3, it means those levels will only be saved to the third slot in your user level list. So if you already have a LEMBANK in your third slot, you will either have to back it up and delete it, or use another memory stick. I don't think renaming it, will have any effect. I haven't tried it yet.

The levels that I have in the attachment are remakes of the levels from the Sega Lemmings, that I made here: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=563.0 (Saves to slot 8 & 9) So does anyone with the PSP Lemmings wants to share their levels? Lemmix is cool and all, but I want to play new levels in the PSP version for a change. It's the one I play more often.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: PSP Levels Sharing
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:24:31 PM »
At some point, I'll look into whether anything similar is possible with the PS2 version. It's possible they might even be cross-compatible somehow.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 05:06:25 AM »
I have the PSP Lemmings. A PS2 file isn't going to work on it.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 05:14:11 AM »
As-is, it won't, but that doesn't mean there won't be some way to convert it. Have you played the PS2 version? From what I can tell, it appears to be more or less a direct port of the PSP version except with EyeToy mode added - if so, it's very likely that the internal format is the same, and that there'll be some way to convert them.

I don't have a PSP, and haven't had too much luck trying to get Lemmings running on either of the available emulators (another reason to try using the emulator to convert the format even though you could just run the game directly), but I do have a modded PS2 so getting access to my save data (in raw format, rather than some cheat device's encoded format) or getting a copy of Lemmings for it shouldn't be a problem. My PS2 is only software modded which usually can't run CD games (and Lemmings is one of the few PS2 games that uses a CD disc), but there's a way to convert them to DVD and I remember getting Lemmings working successfully in the past that way.

If I were to look into this, would you be able to help if needed? (Help would most likely be limited to sending me levels you've made (maybe in some cases specifically designed for the purpose), and testing ones that I send you - no technical knowledge needed.) Not promising anything, but if there's interest in it...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 05:47:14 AM »
To be honest I had a small feeling that the PS2 Lemmings file would work on the PSP version, because of the fact that they the same game. I even searched but found nothing. I'm not surprised since doing this is obscure. I never played the PS2 version, but I am willing to help in some way. They also added how much time it took you to beat the level in the PS2.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
Okay well, I'll keep this as something to look into if/when I need something to do. =)

Could you send me a save file from the PSP version?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 03:52:42 PM »
Here's the file.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.