Author Topic: New Open Source lemmings engine project  (Read 1875 times)

Offline ns804apps

• View Profile
New Open Source lemmings engine project
« on: December 05, 2013, 01:33:36 AM »
Hi everyone if this is not where I should post this let me know and I apologize. I recently launched a kickstarted campaign to customize a platformed engine to fit the Lemmings style genre of games. My goal is to make this an open source item for any and all in the community to make their own levels and games. If you could take a look at the campaign and share and support would be greatly appreciated. we will be releasing Morads: A Lemmings Tribute for PC, iOS and Android hopefully in the near future with 120 plus levels to start all new.

any feedback and support would be greatly appreciated.

http://kck.st/1bIV1f0

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: New Open Source lemmings engine project
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:40:41 AM »
I am quite interested in this idea, as I'm one of the most prolific Lemmings level designers just like some of the other users around the forum. Unfortunately as I currently live in Britain I can't donate a single buck. :( It would be nice if there was a demo so that we can check out all the gameplay elements though.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ns804apps

• View Profile
Re: New Open Source lemmings engine project
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »
I had a web demo, but with us changing the engines and customizing this new one we do not have one built. And although you cannot donate Money socially sharing yeps just as much. The goal truthfully is to allow the community to not only live on, but to grow with the younger generation. Give them an updated Lemmings style game and allow them to upload levels and make their own versions.

I will work on getting a demo you can try and posting here. I do have some single levels that you can try out, but it is from the old idea where we were not so closely mirroring Lemmings.