Author Topic: Lemmings Plus II  (Read 30461 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus II (Bonus Pack Levels V2 Update, Replays)
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
Thanks for updating the Bonus Pack! I played the modified levels again and solved Reverse 4, Reverse 5 (which is a very good level now :thumbsup:) and Flight 6 mostly in the indended way.
Rush 4 though... First of all my backroute still works, though it's harder to execute now. After that I tried to find a solution that looks more like an official one. The first half of the solution I found then is pretty similar to yours, but finishes with a shortcut. Neither of my two solutions is nearly as beautiful as your intended one.
I also played the secret gimmick level after looking up the trigger area: While not one of my favourites, it's a good level nevertheless. Compared to your intended solution, there is an easier way for crowd control though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2014, 06:52:39 AM »
The degree of accuracy required to execute that Rush 4 backroute combined with Rush 4 being no-pause AND superlemming, would mean that if anyone actually manages it, I'd say they've well and truly passed the level. xD Your other solution is a bit annoying though, as I had been trying to prevent anything like that, though I guess it's not really possible to perfectly protect against that kind of solution simply due to the nature of what's intended there. :/
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2014, 07:02:34 AM »
Here's the last bit of LPII stuff to release.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8l3bz84rqgxdzc9/LPIILevels.zip

All LPII and LPII Bonus Pack level files. Unlike the LPDOS ones which were in DAT files, these are LVL files. The 0000.LVL in the Bonus Pack is the "filler" level that's used to fill the secret level slots in the ranks that don't actually have secret levels. (In other words, 0000.LVL is the level for positions 0107, 0307 and 0507.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus II (Bonus Pack V2/1/2, Replays, LPII&Bonus Level Files)
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2014, 08:28:48 AM »
Got 100% on Flight 2! Here's the replay!
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus II (Bonus Pack V2/1/2, Replays, LPII&Bonus Level Files)
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
That's pretty impressive!

By the way, if I've missed anything on the high % tables, let me know. I just reformatted it a bit - made the formatting consistent, as well as moving the secret levels to their own section seperate from the main levels. I also took away the "theoretically" comment with Rush 5; I think with the newly lowered release rate, 100% isn't a matter of possible in theory but no one will ever actually acheive it like Genius 9 or Rush 6 are; 100% is actually fairly doable if you have a quick hand and pay attention. Even in the old version, I think it would've been a fair bit easier than those other two.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus II Topic
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »
By the way, if I've missed anything on the high % tables, let me know.

Some of the % for LPII (not the Bonus Pack) are improvable. I haven't checked whether someone else already got them, tough.
Sneaky 6: 75% (using blocker-cancels-trigger-glitch)
Sneaky 9: 97% (slightly tweaking the game mechanics)
Genius 4: 80% (optimizing my previous solution)
Genius 14: 81% (just RR-fiddling with the intended solution)
Genius 19: 96% (obvious improvement of my backroute which already saved 94%)

Although this is slightly off-topic, the level Psycho 30 from LPDos can be improved to 98% as well. I attached this extremely glitchy backroute.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2014, 12:05:21 PM »
I figured that since I released the levels, it somewhat makes sense to also release the "source" of the styles.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/khlacr8b7b1vo2g/LPII_Style_Sources.zip

These are the raw image files (to be run through LemSet), as well as the accompanying INI file. These may be useful for porting the LPII styles to engines other than DOS/Lemmix (though if you're wanting to convert them to Lemmini, check the Fan Corner, there's a tool I made there for quickly converting DOS styles to Lemmini), or if you want some samples of how to use LemSet.

I pretty much just zipped the 5 folders I created the styles in, so it's possible there's random accompanying notes or other semi-irrelevant files in there. There's also a copy of LemSet in each folder; it's exactly the same as each other and the same as the properly released one.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2014, 11:09:55 AM »
Well, this took a while to be uncovered, but... 100% is possible on Cheeky 19. =) Sorry for bumping your 98% off the record chart, Akseli... =P
Try it for yourself before watching my replay. It does require glitches, but not ones that are *too* hard to pull off, and they're all well known ones.

I also majorly improved the Cunning 4 record from 74% to 89% (to be fair, I don't think anyone had actually tried to optimize this one yet). I'm almost certain this can't be improved; I'm completely sure the left side is as optimized as possible. Using a right-side solution, the best I can get is 86%, BUT I'm not entirely certain that this one can't be improved. I don't actually have a replay for my right-side approach - I did this by working out how many bombers needed for each individual obstacle, totalling them up, then producing a replay of the most efficient solution I could find. One tip I will note for the right side if anyone wants to try it - the first two obstacles (furthest right) somewhat overlap; it takes 3 bombers for the first alone, and 2 for the second alone, but with release rate manipulation and careful placement, it's also possible to pass both obstacles with a total of 4 bombers. Replay of my successful left-side solution attached. I also attached the sketch I did to work out Cunning 4, in case anyone wants to see what I considered.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus II Topic (LPII Bonus Pack NeoLemmix version released!)
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2014, 07:25:37 AM »
Been a while since I've had anything new to say on here apart from the NeoLemmix version of the bonus pack, but rather than keeping it on an "on request" basis, I've now put the source code for both LPII and LPII Bonus Pack in the respective folders on my dropbox.
My Lemmings projects