Author Topic: [Lemmini/Lemmix] Revenge of the Lemmings!  (Read 64627 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings!
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »
Frenzy 27 is actually a backroute, but because of its beauty, and the fact you have to make sure it's the Climber that does the final building (otherwise he climbs the barricade on the far right and dies), I'll give it to you and let it stay!  It's actually impossible to do it this way in Lemmini because the fire traps are less forgiving, but I do love your solution.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2013, 04:53:30 PM »
Halfway through Pain now. Level 7 was unbelievably awesome -- so many plausible ideas, and then everything just fell into place! I see that weirdybeardy, the author, was a forum member, so I'm going to remake this one for the Lix community set  :thumbsup:

9 is very similar to Clam's Lix level "Square Dancing", though I found it a bit harder for some reason, especially releasing the crowd with the given skills. 10 seems straightforward and I saved three builders. On 12, the steel misplacement interfered with my solution (the digger would continue straight down) but fortunately I had a spare miner. 13 again has that nice "impossible" feel, but I found a simple solution saving some skills.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »
Pain 9: 'Lem Squared', 10: 'That Freezing Feeling', 12: 'Unidentified Lemming Object' and 13: 'Lempire state building' are all that kind of levels that they don't have only one exact solution, and I solved all of them more or less similarly than Proxima. Lem Squared is one of these ClamSpam05 levels that are almost all remade for Lix as far as I'm know. :P

I'm going to remake this one for the Lix community set  :thumbsup:

There's still lots of room for new Lix community levels? : ) I guess that möbius thought of remaking many levels for that pack still in the future, too.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2013, 06:33:35 PM »
Frenzy 28: RABBIX - This feels backroutish, I actually don't know how this is supposed to be solved, because möbius apparently mixed Clam Spammer's both RABBIX levels (RABBIX from ClamSpam03 and another RABBIX from ClamSpam06_4lvls) in this one. :P

I can't watch replays and don't have the time to figure out how to. So could somebody explain the solution to me?

intended solution:
-build to the rabbit (2builders)
-1 climbs up the back of the rabbit and bashes through the body (let nobody else enter)
-he should land safely on the grass on the other side just after the traps and turn around on a small piece of grass then build back to the rabbit over the traps
-bash to free the crowd.
-intended solution doesn't involve using the wooden "decoration"

this was RABBIX I's solution.  RABBIX 2 was very different and had a major backroute but I liked the decoration so Clam let me combine them.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »
I can't watch replays and don't have the time to figure out how to. So could somebody explain the solution to me?

* Build to the rabbit (2 builders)
* Use the interrupted basher step to get the lemmings above the height of the rabbit's jaw
* Bash through
* The leading lemming builds against the tall grass stem, letting the rest over
* He then builds against a grass stem to stop himself walking into the traps

There's still lots of room for new Lix community levels?

I really don't know how much room there is, but it can't do any harm to remake any further levels we would like to see make it in   8)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »
möbius mentioned "Take It Like a Lemming" (Pain 24) as another candidate for a Lix remake, so I skipped ahead to look at this level. It looks very interesting -- it's always great to see a challenging level with so few skills. Unfortunately, there is a backroute. I can't help wondering if it was intentional that the lattice and blue balls in the middle of the level are raised 1 pixel above the platform below?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2013, 09:39:07 PM »
möbius mentioned "Take It Like a Lemming" (Pain 24) as another candidate for a Lix remake, so I skipped ahead to look at this level. It looks very interesting -- it's always great to see a challenging level with so few skills. Unfortunately, there is a backroute. I can't help wondering if it was intentional that the lattice and blue balls in the middle of the level are raised 1 pixel above the platform below?

i don't have an answer about the lattice. But if your solution doesn't directly involve the lattice then it is similar to ours. (Akseli's that is. I never found one, well I did but it involved going past the previously non-working trap. Yes, I had to add the little tip part that weirdybeardy apparently forgot. Idk if that was intentional or not)
In any case I always had a feeling this had more solutions or backroutes.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »
Here's another batch of Pain solutions  8)

It feels great to have solved 16 at last -- I've seen this level previously, as 30 of Martin Zurlinden's levels have been imported (not remade) in Lix. The solution, although fairly simple when you find it, is extremely well-hidden, so I'm amazed this wasn't considered a Carnage level.

I saved 100% on 18, didn't need all the skills on 19, and my solution to 20 feels backroutish (though I can't see any other way to do it).

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »
Pain 16: The Pool - Yes, though you don't need that strict crowd control if you assign the hero lemming a blocker at the end of the bridge. I found Martin Zurlinden's Deep Deep Down (Pain 11) also really hard at first when I played that level, it seems impossible at first but when you know the solution, it's fairly simple.
Pain 18: Ancient Clockwork - That isn't quite possible in the original environment of this level in Lemmini, so you managed to take a little shortcut understandably, but that solution is on the right track.
Pain 19: Level Under Construction - All the intended solutions for Martin Zurlinden's levels are written in his document that comes with his pack, so I can say that this is a backroute, obviously due to that trick you used. :P
Pain 20: The Underground Secret - Yea this is correctly solved as far as I can tell. :P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2014, 10:58:38 PM »
Since you mentioned it, here's my solution to Pain 11  8)  A very nice level, though I don't think I was stumped by it for very long.

21 and 23 have non-working exits. 21 is extremely clever -- I came up with four 94% solutions before finding the True Path. 22 is another classic "impossible" level. 23 I knew from the Lix version -- this is a nice clean adaptation. 24 was discussed above, and 25 is another very cunning one with a well-concealed solution  :thumbsup:

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 11:41:47 PM »
For a lot of levels, the difficulty depends on the player.  I saw the solution to "The Pool" relatively quickly, while "The Underground Secret" took me forever and I kinda needed a tip!  I've still yet to solve "A sea of purest green"!

Similarly, I saw the solution to "Duality" almost straight away, and I consider it an absolutely beautiful solution, although since it's Armageddon 29 I presume it's not the same story for others.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
Pain 11: Deep Deep Down - Correct!
Pain 21: Long Distance - I was baffled with this also back then, and your solution is neat, I haven't seen that before. Here's the author's solution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP35vxi9uG4
Pain 22: NO MAS! - Yeeees. :P
Pain 25: Catch Your Death! - I remember that I also built straight to the exit, I don't know the intended solution for this Clam's level, but I remember playing the Lix remake from Clam's Lix level set, where this level was simplified.

Crane: I'd like to see your solution for Duality. :) And yes, "A sea of purest green" is not an easy level.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2014, 12:08:45 AM »
from now on, (to anybody) if you have a level which you feel is greatly out of place, difficulty wise, in the levelset and doesn't work as a "breather" level please post about it. And I'll consider moving levels around in the next update. Is multiple people think one particular level needs changing it; it's probably a good idea to change it.
Please, mention if you'd like to "second" some one else's suggestion  or disagree

the last rating, was I think, the toughest to order difficulty-wise.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »
Here is my (Lemmini) solution to Duality.  Personally I don't think this is Armageddon-difficulty, or at least this late on, but then again that was just due to how quickly I solved it.

EXTRA: I also have a solution to "Feel the Pressure".  I'm posting this because I heard it mentioned somewhere that it can't be completed conventionally in Lemmini, only in Lemmix.  My solution leaves the Climber, Floater and Builder unused.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2014, 02:05:09 AM »
I'd like to request a couple of music changes for my levels:

It's a long long way to fall -- tim8 (seems to be a popular choice, so if you feel you've used it enough already, tim10 is my second choice)
Rhapsody in Blue -- p3

For my other levels, I think you've made great choices -- I'm especially honoured that one of my levels (Vignette) was chosen to have p7.

Also, I take back what I said about The Pool being out of place. It is hard, but very soon afterwards, the levels starting getting even harder  :P