Author Topic: [Lemmini/Lemmix] Revenge of the Lemmings!  (Read 64637 times)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings!
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2013, 12:34:41 AM »
Proxima's solutions:

Hootenanny 17: Inside the Pyramid and 18: Kung-Fu Bashing - Intendedly solved as far as I know.
Hootenanny 19: Bat Country - I solved this level similarly (= the worker lemming goes around the level and bashes the oww), I'm not sure about the author's intended solution.
Hootenanny 30: Think Again - This feels a backroute, and now I managed to do that in the original version of the level, too. My original solution uses all the skills.

I had troubles for a while with "Build it up with iron and steel" also, this level could be later in the game in my opinion.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »
100% solution to Hootenanny 24, and possible backroute on Frenzy 16

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2013, 01:23:24 AM »
Hootenanny 24: EMERGENCY ! - An easy level with leeway and multiple solutions, I don't know the intended one.
Frenzy 16: Faithful Friends - Crane's level, he can judge. :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2013, 01:28:31 AM »
Got through the rest of Hootenanny. I think I found the intended solution to 17 now.

A strange solution to 18 that does use all the skills; wonder whether this was intended. Possible backroutes on 19 and 30; I also saved 100% on 24. Because of the steel misplacement, my solution to 19 goes through the steel, but the same solution should work if the steel were fixed, you'd just have to position the digger differently. I also think I may have backrouted 30, since I saved one builder.

I didn't pass 21 (Build it up with iron and steel). I can only see one possible route, but it narrowly runs out of time, even when sped up by avoiding climbing the far left pillar.

20 and 29 have non-functioning exits, the traps on 27 don't work, and 26 has a fake steel piece (not the usual steel misplacement -- you can dig right through the fourth steel piece in a line of five right next to each other).

Great levels!  :thumbsup:

I fixed all the levels except for Brick City. I can't find any fake steel piece in 226, (Barfmaster) but I fixed the real steel and traps.
I only found 1 trap out of place on 54321 Bop! (227) I fixed it. This level may be easier than it originally was in Lemmix because of blocker problems in Lemmini I changed something minor (don't remember what)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2013, 01:35:22 AM »
Heh, I'm having problems opening the correct level because it says it can't find graphic set 6 (I'm opening level021.dat which contains the correct level).  Can anyone give me some tips so it recognises the Oh No! More Lemmings graphics sets?

Oh, and I've found that "Sharing a Climber?" is impossible to complete on the Lemmix version due to the aforementioned steel problems.

ADDITIONAL: Can someone check "The Final Countdown" (Picnic 30) too? I'm having problems with the steel areas and the splat distance (a digger in the right place survives in CustLemm and Lemmini, but splats in Lemmix).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2013, 09:55:16 AM »
Right-click on the level select window and select Custom Lemmings mode.

My solution to "The Final Countdown" doesn't involve anyone going down to the bottom layer, so the issue doesn't arise.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »
As Proxima said - Custom Lemmings mode.

Though may I ask why you're using the Lemmix editor when there's a dedicated Lemmix player for this? Or are you testing the fixed levels? (Didn't read the whole topic =P )
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the Lemmix player - I guess I need to look around more closely.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
Okay, did some reading up!  Impressive backroute there Proxima, and if you can complete The Final Countdown without going to the lower level, that's another backroute.  Oh boy!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2013, 01:28:01 AM »
Some more Frenzy solutions. Levels other than these were not less interesting, I was just more certain that my solution was the only way to do them  :P  (Level 24 also looks like the only solution, but I'm curious about this one because I saved 100% and it only requires 98%.) Level 19 has another non-functional exit.

Some excellent levels in this batch -- I was particularly impressed by 19 and 22 (both look impossible until you see the trick) and 24 (absolutely stunning visuals).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:51 AM »
18; Patience.. has multiple solutions
22 Windmill has multiple solutions
23 Boss on Parade; has two solutions but they are more or less the same. I'll try to look at this unless Akseli gets to it first.
24 Aperture Science has multiple solutions. The original with 98% requires the bomber and some strict timing.

Frenzy is my personal favorite rating. (though it is very close)

everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2013, 01:07:05 PM »
All of Proxima's solutions are valid. 18 and 22 indeed have multiple solutions, 23 was solved intendedly, and I solved 24 similarly, I don't know the intended solution for this level (have you möbius asked Ellischant about that or from where do you know it? :P).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2013, 11:50:29 PM »
Completed Frenzy  8) :thumbsup:  That was very satisfying -- I can see why it's your favourite. Great puzzles, no really unfair ones, and some well-hidden tricks that gave a great "aha!" feeling. I particularly liked 27 (very clever solution) and 29 (looks completely impossible for a long time).

Solutions to 25, 26, 27, 28 attached. My solutions to 29 and 30 felt clearly intended, though I saved one extra on 29.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 12:38:38 AM »
The Pain levels are just beautiful -- every level (so far) is great to look at and has a creative and ingenious solution -- but I'm going to have to stop here for now, as Level 7 is living up to the set's title  :P

Levels 2 and 5 have non-working exits. Level 3 is the only one so far when I think I may have a backroute  :P

And here's the intended solution to Level 8 (Behind Bars). Thanks again for including my levels -- now that I've seen what the others are like, this is a real honour!

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2013, 01:09:22 AM »
Wow, I'm so glad to hear how much you like the levels! :thumbsup: And even though that there's these nuisances like messy exit placements, steels and all..

Proxima's solutions:
Frenzy 25: Rattlesnake - I tested your solution in Lemmini and it works... :XD: This is a remarkable backroute. This is another level that I never solved in any other than the intended way (even though I tried), and now I'm baffled to see it backrouted. I know that it's of course a bit harder to search for other solutions when you already know the intended one... :P But yeah, the steel doesn't work in this Lemmix version of Rattlesnake, and it's impossible to be solved intendedly because of that, so awesome work for finding this solution!
Frenzy 26: Pyramid Puzzle - My solution was similar. :)
Frenzy 27: Nemesis - Yes, great work, Crane knows the precise intended solution as the author. :P
Frenzy 28: RABBIX - This feels backroutish, I actually don't know how this is supposed to be solved, because möbius apparently mixed Clam Spammer's both RABBIX levels (RABBIX from ClamSpam03 and another RABBIX from ClamSpam06_4lvls) in this one. :P

Pain 3: Almost Easy - My solution was similar, I think this is supposed to be solved like this.
Pain 8: Behind Bars - Your intended solution looks way more complicated than my solution. :XD: Nice!

My favourite ratings in this pack are probably both Pain and Carnage, I like very much almost every single level in these ratings!