Author Topic: [Lemmini/Lemmix] Revenge of the Lemmings!  (Read 64617 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »
I might be able to whip up a batch convertor... I'll look into it a bit later on today.

So, leave the levels to me... but any custom graphics or anything you want (rank signs?)? Also - Lemmini uses ONML fall distance and entrance order, correct?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline jammer64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
I also cannot wait for Lemmix port!

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »
I'm loving the challenges so far - some of the levels look absolutely gorgeous, and others have very clever solutions.

Quote from: Spoiler
Just a word of warning though... the level "Wish you had them?" carries a high risk of crashing the game due to the 'basher at the top of the screen' bug, so be careful where you place the basher.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 04:09:41 PM »
Some of my older levels, such as this one have some really bad errors such as that one, here's a fixed version. (Put it in the next version)

Also I haven't yet commented on this pack, I haven't got that far into it yet due to not really being that into lemmings at the moment. I'll give a bigger comment once I've finished it. But I'm very happy to see it released!  :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »
Haven't forgotten about this, don't worry! I have my last exam today so I'll get onto this within the next few days.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/Revenge%20of%20the%20Lemmings.zip

updated with some major fixes. First of all, the whole game is now in two folders. You must put EACH folder (part 1 and part 2) into your Lemmini/levels/ folder.  [Don't put one inside the other]

made some corrections to problems with first release. Thanks to everyone who reported a problem.

To anyone playing Carnage levels and higher; if you're willing could you write down all the passwords you get and send them to me whenever.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 12:14:28 AM »
I'm working on the Lemmix port now. =)

The batch converter's got objects and terrain nailed, but still seems to be some problems with steel that need fixing...
Have you made graphics for the difficulty rank signs yet?

EDIT: Done. I didn't manually test all the levels though; I did test a few of them and most seem to be fine but a few might need some minor adjustments. I PM'ed you with copies of the converted levels as well as a current build of the Lemmix player (and some blank images that are the right size and background color for rank graphics). It'll at least be a lot less work than converting them one by one.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 07:26:37 AM »
As I probably mentioned last time, I regret not being able to contribute to this awesome level pack! It sounds like it was a huge job with tons of contributors and a great team of people to produce it!

That being said, I would love to contribute to the next one. Most of my levels that I have re-released to the forum are Fun based levels, but I heard that they are needed. I am a fan of making cosmetic levels more than difficulty levels because (lets face it) I am not all that good at making those kinds of levels (despite the fact that it has been years since I last created levels). I know that I have levels in my collection that probably should not even exist, which brings me to my question of the day.

Exactly how would I contribute to the next levelpack? Would there be level testers/players that would vote on which levels they like in my collection and then add them to it? For example, I heard that one of my levels 'Fangorn Forest' was a favourite with some people. Would this be how it would work?

Okay, that was 3 questions, sorry :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 10:17:16 PM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/Revenge%20of%20the%20Lemmings_LEMMIX%20%20BETA.zip

here is the BETA version of the Lemmix version! So if you're willing to test it or just really excited to play, please do so.
As Namida said most of the levels work however some may not. You can of course disable passwords by entering ________ or doing something (can you answer that namida?)

To play simply unzip, and click on the LemmixRevengePlayer.exe!

Thanks very much to namida for making this, (doing all the work!)

Tasks left for this part are:
-checking all levels for solvability and stability
-Replacing any levels that may need to be
-Making the rating pictures for the menu screen.

--------

@Tim: if you'd like to contribute, send me some levels via PM. They can be any ones you choose. You're favorites, or like the one you mentioned. Try to pick your best looking, most fun, and levels that teach a new skill or technique are nice as well.

PM because I haven't made the topic yet. I am making the list and will upload it when I'm done making my nominations. If the list becomes much larger than 200 levels then a voting phase will commence (hopefully one a little more productive than the last one...) but if not we will use all ~180 levels that were selected!
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »
Hi everyone

This sounds like an interesting topic, I was wondering if I could contribute or is it too late.  Even though I don't have that many levels but with the ones I do have I could probably pick one of my favorites. I haven't tested my levels in anything apart from the Lemmini program.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/Revenge%20of%20the%20Lemmings_LEMMIX%20%20BETA.zip

here is the BETA version of the Lemmix version! So if you're willing to test it or just really excited to play, please do so.
As Namida said most of the levels work however some may not. You can of course disable passwords by entering ________ or doing something (can you answer that namida?)

Enter "CHEATCODES", or in the INI file, set CheatCodes to 1. Then you can instantly win a level by pressing 5. You can also skip straight to a level by entering the rank and position as a code (eg: FUN10) - however for this pack, this might not work due to the length of some rank names... :/ I'll have to look into that.

Should also be noted that none of the in-game text (except the difficulty rank names) has been customized from the ONML Lemmix Player. I don't know how important that is, though. =P Up to mobius really.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 07:46:24 AM »
@Tim: if you'd like to contribute, send me some levels via PM. They can be any ones you choose. You're favorites, or like the one you mentioned. Try to pick your best looking, most fun, and levels that teach a new skill or technique are nice as well.

PM because I haven't made the topic yet. I am making the list and will upload it when I'm done making my nominations. If the list becomes much larger than 200 levels then a voting phase will commence (hopefully one a little more productive than the last one...) but if not we will use all ~180 levels that were selected!

Are you referring to the current level pack or a new one that is yet to be compiled? I am unsure which levels I will want to add, I dont remember how many of them look after all these years :P

Offline Martin Z

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
Thanks a lot for the Lemmix version! Looks and feels exactly like the original Lemmings games. There's still some problems, of course (exits that don't work, misplaced steel areas), but it's already great fun! Thx again!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »
Thanks a lot for the Lemmix version! Looks and feels exactly like the original Lemmings games. There's still some problems, of course (exits that don't work, misplaced steel areas), but it's already great fun! Thx again!

That's the advantage and drawback at the same time of Lemmix. It mimics the original games with something like 98% accuracy. Even down to the internal workings and glitches etc.
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 09:48:48 PM »

yes, it's not a final version. and -TO ANYONE- if you're playing the Lemmix version and you find a level that does not work make a note of this and post about it please? I don't need details just the level that has problems.

-Hakuin Ekaku