Author Topic: [PC][RPG] Legends of an Otherworld  (Read 57870 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: [PC][RPG] Legends of an Otherworld
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2017, 03:40:43 PM »
How to get the item Nepster asked about (BIG spoiler):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2017, 05:57:31 AM »
Responses to Nepster (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:41:37 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »
Continuing from the last post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:06:38 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2017, 11:30:01 PM »
A couple of bugs relating to the portion of the game I'm currently on in my LLG videos:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »
I could've sworn I'd fixed the first one. Maybe I made a hotfix for it but forgot to apply the fix to the main working copy or something... (It's bloody annoying that RPG Maker VX Ace stores all the scripts in a proprietary-format file and thus it can't effectively be used with Git or similar, to avoid this kind of issue. RPG Maker MV fixes this issue, though moving to it from VXA is not possible without rewriting all the custom code - and it still has nearly all the downsides of VXA, which is why I'm very strongly leaning towards a custom engine if I ever do a remake.)

Will look into the second tomorrow.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »
Two more bugs, one of which is progress-blocking:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2017, 10:40:38 PM »
Also, this may or may not be a bug. Poison reduced the Dinosore to 0 HP and it didn't die. (Which was really lucky, because I wanted to knock out my other party members to avoid EXP.) I know poison damage can immediately kill, so is this just what happens when it goes down to exactly 0 HP?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2017, 05:31:57 AM »
Enemies that have a final attack, or anything else that happens (beyond just dying) when they're reduced to 0 HP - even if it's solely behind the scenes stuff - sometimes will not die if they're reduced to 0 HP by Poison (or Zombie-Regen) or a move that cannot be counterattacked (for example, because the move itself is a counterattack). Not all such enemies are affected by this, but if a specific enemy is, it will always be. I still need to look into fixing this. I don't recall Dinosore being such a case off the top of my head though, so I might need to take a closer look at it specifically too.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2017, 05:54:52 PM »
Some more small bugs (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2017, 05:47:26 AM »
Proxima's reports (click to show/hide)

Have made notes of all the untested ones here, as well as Nepster's reports.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2017, 12:57:43 AM »
V025 update is here! This fixes quite a few bugs and has a few rebalancing changes. But most notably, a significant portion (though not yet all) of the sidequest in that strange building near Saria is now accessible. Do note that you need to be progressed pretty far through the storyline before you can start this sidequest, and that it is intended as a postgame sidequest.

Fresh download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zm70tqg5f5z9g77/LoaO_V025_Fresh.zip?dl=1
Upgrade (from V023 or higher only): https://www.dropbox.com/s/aff4uaxtd58g4yu/LoaO_V025_Upgrade.zip?dl=1

If you are on a version older than V023, please get the fresh download. You can still keep using your save files.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:05:26 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
I played the final three bosses again.

And finally one more bug from the LLG. See attachment.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2017, 12:08:17 PM »
Regarding the new sidequest (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2017, 03:02:44 AM »
Regarding sidequest boss drops (click to show/hide)

Regarding monster availability (click to show/hide)

Final bosses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:16:45 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2017, 08:37:29 AM »
All but one of the remaining bosses for the sidequest are now completed. :) That aside, there are also two other optional bosses left to finish implementing.
My Lemmings projects