Author Topic: [PC][RPG] Legends of an Otherworld  (Read 57873 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [PC][RPG] Legends of an Otherworld
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2017, 12:15:01 AM »
Been playing too much Crash Bandicoot the last few days, so haven't made any further progress with testing since what I mentioned in chat the other day (which is a bit further than I've mentioned in this topic; storyline-wise, only the last two bosses and the cutscene after them remain untested, and the bosses only need difficulty testing, their AI testing is completed).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2017, 02:57:42 PM »
Where did Ivy's BP meter go? And how will she use Blue Magic without it (or will she be able to at all)? Well, you'll get to find out when you complete the Monster Hunter sidequest, which will be possible in the next update. ;)

(The incorrect background for this battle has nothing to do with any new stuff; it's just because this screenshot was taken in battle test mode.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2017, 05:58:29 PM »
So - as I mentioned in chat - the storyline is now 100% complete and tested!

There's still some sidequest stuff I want to implement before the next update, though. This is just some Monster Hunter bosses, so shouldn't be a particularly time-consuming task, once I get a chance where I'm in the right mindset for it (and have the time to do so). As I've mentioned, the sidequest relating to that building near Saria will come in a later update - it's intended for very-high-level parties, so don't worry about overlevelling if you're planning on playing it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2017, 06:39:16 AM »
At this stage, all that remains is a little bit of testing and a few bugfixes - the remaining Monster Hunter bosses have now been created. :) All going well, I should have it ready sometime today, at last. Probably tomorrow at the latest.

EDIT: All tested now! But there are a couple more minor things I need to implement or test (relating to some minor rebalancing, mostly) before releasing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:31:25 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »
Okay, you've waited long enough. :P

Here is the V023 update, which now allows you to play through the entire storyline, as well as all but one of the sidequests (which will come in the V024 update).

Fresh download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny26x1yyb589v63/LoaO_V023_Fresh.zip?dl=1
Upgrade: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdlvk8tpk181pju/LoaO_V023_Upgrade.zip?dl=1 (from V021 or higher only; otherwise please download the fresh copy)

Changelog (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2017, 04:37:19 PM »
Here are some bugs (click to show/hide)

EDIT & EDIT 2: Added two more bugs.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:20:52 PM by Nepster »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2017, 04:44:46 AM »
Re: Bugs (click to show/hide)

Re: Mayae Ranges (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2017, 04:40:49 PM »

Some general comments (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2017, 06:40:18 AM »
Bugs (from earlier post) (click to show/hide)

More-recent post (click to show/hide)

Some responses to boss feedback (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:06 PM »
Re-responses to boss feedback (click to show/hide)

Re-feedback to bugs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:10:38 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2017, 01:45:59 PM »
V024 update is here, mostly to address Nepster's bug reports / feedback.

Please note there are two different upgrade links - one for people with V021 or V022, and one for people with V023. If unsure, get the V021 / V022 one (it won't hurt to use this if you're on V023, it's just a slightly larger download). If you're on earlier than V021, you'll need to grab the fresh download - your saves will still work, of course.

If you've encountered the bug where, after fighting the final Monster Hunter boss (or the one directly outside the Mayae Ranges, but this will only happen with that fight under very specific circumstances that are unlikely to happen, whereas it can occur very easily with the final one), the battle music for random encounters is wrong, revisiting any part of the plains will fix this - in fact, it will even fix this on V023 (but V024 has some changes to avoid this bug happening in the first place, hopefully).

Fresh download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ql2k22kzh6v1wh/LoaO_V024_Fresh.zip?dl=1
Upgrade: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t10h4ogy3zqgyj/LoaO_V024_Upgrade_23.zip?dl=1 (from V023 only)
Upgrade: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dp5b7xqx62vlyg/LoaO_V024_Upgrade_2122.zip?dl=1 (from V021 or V022 only)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:56:40 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »
I haven't tried the end-game again, but still some...
Re-re-feedback (click to show/hide)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2017, 10:43:32 PM »
A bug has come up that's interfering with the next episode of the LLG :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2017, 01:15:52 AM »
Will look into it but will probably wait for the next major update to fix, unless more bugs arise that lead to a need for a bugfix update again.

@Nepster: It is completely possible, even in a save file that was started on the current version, to have two by this point. (In previous versions, three was possible.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2017, 03:24:51 PM »