Author Topic: jLevelBuilder 1.88 (june, 9th 2021)  (Read 100162 times)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.65
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2013, 01:48:19 PM »
beta 1.65 is available:
- fixed a bug when selecting some specific items: it is recommended to update your version of jLevelBuilder.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.66
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »
beta 1.66 is available:
- fixed a bug when opening some Lemmini levels (.ini files).

By the way, I keep on working on my Lemmings-like game: dev is going well, and I tried some visual tests with my own tileset. Here's a screenshot of one of my recent tests applied to an actual Lemmings level (wip / "cavern" tileset).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
hey, that's lookin' cool  8) Despite the the graphics being sort of simplistic I like the look.

I am curious about your game and anxious to see how it will play. keep us updated  :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »
Looks good!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2013, 03:42:24 PM »
That last tileset looks great indeed! I want to have it :)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2013, 06:16:16 PM »
Thanks for your positive feedbacks. Here's a new screenshot showing some new tiles (my pillars aren't as polished as the Lemmings' ones, I know :D ... I hope to improve them!)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
Looking good! Just remember that for a game of this kind, the ways the mechanics work will probably be more important than the graphics. While I'm not saying "don't worry about graphics", make sure you don't neglect the mechanics in the process. ;)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2013, 10:57:48 PM »
Yes. Actually, after having done some code for the game recently (and first results are pretty cool), I just wanted to take some time for making some graphics, for fun :). By the end of this project, I hope to improve the graphics by practising and drawing gfx regularly.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: jLevelBuilder 1.67
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »
beta 1.67 is available. What's new?
- added "Horizontal Mirror -" and "Vertical Mirror -" features
- added "Replace Terrains" feature
- improved the "Export level's structure as text" feature (option to be found in the "File" menu)
- fixed minor bugs

As usual, you can get the new version of jLevelBuilder on my website:
http://www.lesjeuxlesplusmieux.com/jlevelbuilder.html

note: because of the new user actions that were added, you'll have to overwrite your previous "keyconfig.ini" file (if you didn't change jLB's original keyboard shortcuts, then you can ignore this sentence ; otherwise, make a backup of your modified file in order to easily set again your custom keyboard shortcuts).

- "Horizontal Mirror -" and "Vertical Mirror -"
as with "CloneH +/-" and "CloneV +/-", you can now choose between "keep selected" or "deselect" the source selection of your mirroring process (before 1.67, your source selection was always kept selected => MirrorH+ and MirrorV+). Useful addition.

- "Replace Terrains"
This one is really nice ; it allows you to easily switch your level's Terrains.

How does it work?
- step #1) select one or many Terrain(s) in your level.
In this example, I selected 4 Terrains whose tileset's IDs are "38", for all of them (when using the "Replace Terrains" feature on a multiple selection, it's not required that the Terrains share the same ID)

- step #2) set a new Terrain ID, then click "Replace" (or hit "r", if it's the GUI's graphic part that has the focus), and voilĂ  :D
In this example, I chose to replace 4 selected Terrains with other Terrain tiles whose tileset's IDs are "31".

Enjoy!  ;)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
... working on new tilesets  :)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »
Just wanted to say congrats for making this very powerful looking editor.
Though I still really love working with lix and the lix editor, I never got into lemmix/lemmini as lemmings editors but your one looks worthy of learning, so i'll likely give it a try at somepoint.

Either way, I am looking forward to your lemmings game remake :)

------
Regarding your lemmings game :
If its possible to make a way to pack your own levels with your own level codes that would be fantastic  (Just like the way you advance in the real lemmings games.  I like to be forced to complete levels without a chance of skipping ahead)   :thumbsup:

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »
I code the game as a free-time project, and I didn't have much free time for it recently... :(
And since the dev is too far from being finished, I don't want to/can't tell much about it:
- I don't want to disapoint anyone if I don't succeed in finishing this project
- I prefer to have something more "real" before showing actual stuff (avoid the "vaporware" effect, you know :D)
To sum it up: we're in the early days of the dev process, and I'm still in a "I hope to finish this project" phase... ;)
... but I really like the first results, and I work on it when it's possible.

That being said, what I can tell you is that I'm making a "2-player versus" game (so there will be no password: all levels will be freely available... or some to be unlocked, maybe...). No single-player mode for this game, but I have ideas for a single-player game, so maybe later...

Of course, feel free to submit ideas you would find fun/interesting when playing a "2-player versus" Lemmings clone :D (local versus on the same screen, NOT via network!).

* dev status:
=========
- game loads levels in Lemmini's .ini format (allows the use of new custom tilesets: cavern, candy, forest, ...)
- vertical split-screen is working (one screen above the other)
- Lemmings perform random actions (players' actions not added yet, except for level scrolling)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2013, 06:53:10 PM »
Ah cool cool.  I just assumed it was a singleplayer lemmings clone you were making.  2player split screen is the routes of lemmings which is great, had hours of good times with my brother on the amiga with that.  Good luck with making it!

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 04, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »
Recently, I've added a lot of tiles inspired by old-school shoot'em up games in the "videogame" tileset.
I think I'll make a dedicated "sci-fi" tileset for these tiles :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2014, 12:25:18 AM »
Stunning! Any chance of making your tilesets (but especially this "videogame" tileset) available for Lix?