Author Topic: CustLemm Problem  (Read 7203 times)

Patricio87

CustLemm Problem
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:26:06 AM »
I am getting the following errors when I try to run Custom Lemmings.

If I try to run it without Dosbox an error says "Invalid parameters".

If I try to run it in dosBox it works but after I press any of the machine selections an error comes up in dos that says missing MSCDEX extensions.

I was hoping someone could help me, thanks.

OK I fixed the Parameters problem. But when I load it without DOSBOX it just dissapears after I go throught the system check. It still has the DOSBOX MSCDEX error.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
Re: CustLemm Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:42:12 AM »
You have to first mount your CD-ROM drive (so something like "mount d d:\ -t cdrom", where d is a CD-ROM drive). Seems silly, no? Well, if you have a music CD in your drive, it will play some of those tracks during the levels. Also, one theory is that CustLemm is based off of a CD version of Lemmings, so this makes sense in light of that...

Anyway, if you want to eliminate this hassle, download "nocdlem". You don't have to mount the CD drive, and also Lemmings music will play during the levels, assuming you have Adlib.dat (the Lemmings music file). You can find nocdlem in this thread: http://forum.lemmingswelt.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1124711479

Patricio87

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 03:10:43 AM »
Thanks for the help but it still doesn't work in or out of DOSBOX. In Dosbox I get this load failed error after the system check. So much work just to play my custom levels. Why did microsoft make their system so different.

MC Marshy

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 06:34:34 PM »
http://lemmings.freeprohost.com/downloads.php

You can find LemLoader there and it will load any levelpak in Windows without you having to rename levelpaks to play them :)

Could you be able to send me a copy of your custom levels to me?

My e-mail address is mc_marshy@hotmail.co.uk