Author Topic: Lemmings Platinum  (Read 6921 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Lemmings Platinum
« on: August 18, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »

When i was on my lemmings break I was working on lemmings platinum levels
([Cakewalk])
WIP
WIP
::Doosy::
WIP
WIP
-+Fragle+-
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=194 http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=193
=|Careful|=
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=201
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=202
\\Dangerous//
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=203
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=205
You'll see the level gameplay on youtube
Requests

Lemmings genesis music
Sonic 3 music
And word platinum In the copperlight gothic Bold font

Wip Ratings
Cakewalk: 13/30 Levels done
Doosy: 0/30 Levels done

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Platinum
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »
Once you've finished the full pack, let me know if you want help building a Lemmix player for it.

Also, I just hope you're aware for your Flipside level, that upside down entrances do not work in DOS or Lemmix. Only Cheapo supports them. (Or to be precise, they do work and lemmings will come out of them, but the lemmings themself will still be the right way up, and in this case, fall straight into the exit below them.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:42:46 PM »
I know that why i set it up over the finish so they'll fall into the finish
And btw when it's ready for lemmix player Can you use Lemmings Sega genesis music for my lemmings levels?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »
If you can get MODs of them (or midis, which with a little bit of work can be converted to MODs), then yes, otherwise, probably not. MOD is the only format that Lemmix supports, and expanding it to support others is beyond my capabilities (but you're welcome to ask ccexplore if he wants to try, don't hold your breath though).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »
I had a glance at your levels, and I think that many of them have interesting underlying design ideas/themes, like the music level with the organ pipes.

The plentiful of skills (especially builders) makes many levels pretty easy to do, as frequently you don't have to care about where to use which skill. There's some tricky ones in there though, 'Skeptical Method' took me a bit to solve, as the time limit makes the obvious route not work.

One note, you should watch out with your steel placement; many of the steel blocks in your levels are actually non-solid.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 02:02:26 AM »
I'm working on Dangerous then Recontinue cakewalk then doosy (comes after cakewalk) don't forget to watch my videos

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 02:42:19 PM »
I'd just like to make a little suggestion - this is based on how I did all of my large lemmings packs apart from the very first Lemmings Plus on cheapo.

Rather than work on one difficulty rank at a time, just make levels (whether hard or easy), then sort out which difficulty you think they fit into. When you make a really hard one, put it into a high difficulty. When you make an easy one (assuming it's fun - if it's a boring level, you may want to redesign it or scrap it altogether), put it in an easy one. If you're doing repeats as well, consider whether levels you've made earlier could have a harder solution. Finally, if you're sick of making levels, do a few easier versions. Definately, do not place repeats next to each other (some of your levels so far do this, it really kills the fun of playing if you have almost the same level twice in a row).

In general though, if you're doing repeats (even if they're not exact repeats, such as is the case with the two Just A Minutes in the original game), don't overdo it. We All Fall Down is overkill, it's exactly the same thing repeatedly. Try to do repeats where the solution to the repeat isn't too obvious from the easy version (for example, you almost certianly will not solve Mayhem 13 anything like the way you solved Fun 26, and you almost certianly will not solve PSYCHO 13 anything like the way you solved Medi 1). Of course, in some cases, it may just be harder to pull off, or require a couple of extra tricks, and this is not always a bad thing if done well (for example, Tricky 30 has the same basic solution as Fun 14 but adds an interesting twist to it by not giving bashers, and the same is true for PSYCHO 25 and Wimpy 30). In short - repeats work well if they're done well, but are a plain nuisance if they're not, so if you're using them, take care.

It also helps keep it similar to the original if you throw in a harder level among easier ones sometimes, as well as an easier one among the hard ones sometimes. For examples of this in the original game, look at Tricky 19 (hard among easy) and Mayhem 25 (easy among hard). For examples of this in Lemmings Plus DOS Project, look at Medi 6 (hard among easy) and PSYCHO 14 (easy among hard).

Thanks to Lemmix's "LookForLVLFiles" switch, this is quite practical to do.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 03:14:59 AM »
Attention people i have recontinue Cakewalk mode

Offline Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »
Sounds like a great remake is in progress. I'd love to play a Lemmings clone with Sega Genesis music. The levels are all very good looking as well.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:50 PM »
If you can get MODs of them (or midis, which with a little bit of work can be converted to MODs), then yes, otherwise, probably not. MOD is the only format that Lemmix supports, and expanding it to support others is beyond my capabilities (but you're welcome to ask ccexplore if he wants to try, don't hold your breath though).

I'm just curious, does it support .xm, since it's a related format?

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:38 AM »
Hey guys I wanted to make this
Box art
If the clone can be burned on to a CD-rom
Heres the Us Version and the Japanese version
(I hope its ok with namida to use his name for the lemmix clone since i'll ask him in to make the clone when im done with lemmings platinum)
Japanese Letters on the front say "Giga systems entertament presents"
And also Europe/Austrailian Box art

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
Double post  :-[

New Release Date
During Early fall 2011