Author Topic: Lemmings Forums on Youtube  (Read 97376 times)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums on Youtube
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2018, 01:50:32 AM »
I think you may be pleasantly surprised, as I believe you have misinterpreted what I meant by "Mario 64 X Ocarina of Time." That said, we can try setting up a session through the Discord if you'd like. You'll probably want to send me a personal message on the forums though, as I usually have the Discord closed if I'm not using it.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
I am pleased to announce that I have finished my first Lemmings LP ever, which is Lemmings Level Design Contest 14 :)

Includes my first attempts on all levels, a final video showing all solutions to all contest levels (except "The Possimpible") (probably more relevant since the voting phase has begun), and a bonus video where I play through Flopsy's three rejected contest levels.

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2018, 01:51:40 AM »
Shameless self-plug time! :evil:
Random update on my Super Zelda 64 LP: Part 3 is uploading now. Parts with mobius as co-commentator will come in starting at part 17.
Offers for co-commentators are still out there; shoot me a PM if you want to arrange a session.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
So, is this thread still only about Lemmings-related content? :D Because recently people have been posting about other games they LP on their channels and similar.

I do have a channel on YouTube since the beginning of this month, but not under my username from here, and not doing Lemmings content (yet) :D . I'm already having a hard time with most custom packs anyway, and psychologically it's proven if you're not adept at something yet, having witnesses while you're attempting to do it makes you perform even worse :) (the opposite is true for things you're really good at, btw!).

And while "creator's comments" series like Arty did it for SubLems or Nessy for Lemmings Migration can be interesting for level creators sometimes, doing such a thing for "Lemmicks" currently seems quite pointless to me ;P .
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »
So, is this thread still only about Lemmings-related content? :D Because recently people have been posting about other games they LP on their channels and similar.

There is no requirement that it has to be about Lemmings content, it's just a place to talk about your latest YouTube adventures :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
I will be commencing an LP of the LOTY 2017 nxp on Friday 11th May and it will run on Tuesdays and Fridays until it is finished to co-incide with the upcoming voting phase which will be coming soon.

Apologies to those who are enjoying the Lix videos, the normal Lix videos will resume on Fridays after this LP finishes.

Sonic Forces Blind LP has started in previous weeks and there will be a new video every Sunday.
Lemmings Squared is still ongoing on Mondays
Sonic Generations is still uploading every Wednesday and will be followed by an LP of Sonic 4 Episode 1 after it finishes.
DoveLems is still ongoing on Thursdays :)
PimoLems is still ongoing on Saturdays.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
Shameless threefold self-promotion! :)
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »
Quote from: Flopsy
There is no requirement that it has to be about Lemmings content, it's just a place to talk about your latest YouTube adventures :)

Okay, so in that case :D :

I joined YouTube (with an own channel, rather than just as a user, that is ;D ) about a month ago with something very niche: Doing metal cover versions of songs from the Eurovision Song Contest. That made the name for the channel obvious:

Metalvision Song Contest

Despite still being the biggest European television show (counting simultaneous viewers), its reputation has deteriorated in Germany and the UK during recent years - where many of the forum members here are from, so I don't necessarily expect this to be a thing a lot of you might be interested in ;P . Some Americans have gotten curious about the event, but I'm not sure what share of US citizens even know of the ESC's existence in the first place.

Aside from these countries, I think the biggest demographic here in the forum are Finns. Don't know if you guys are still watching 12 years after Lordi's victory. The share of metal songs in the competition has gone down since then.

But that's what I'm here for - to fix that! :D

The live shows for this year's event in Lisbon, Portugal, happen to start next week already, with the semi finals taking place on 8th and 10th May, and the grand final on 12th May.

Most of the songs you can currently find on my channel are actually from this year's season, i. e. those are the songs which are going to be heard on television in their original version Europe-wide next week.

But I've also recorded some of the older classics, of course, and I'm going to start uploading them once the live shows are over.

For those who don't care, at least now you have an idea of what the music for Lemmings World Tour is going to sound like!

Just in case you haven't yet heard the sneak peeks at the tracks by playing Lemmicks... ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2018, 05:52:36 AM »
I don't necessarily hate the Eurovision Song contest, just don't seem to watch it because there is a general vibe over here that the voting is based on political reasons and not on the songs.

The last time I watched was ironically when Lordi won, I have that song in my collection on Rock Band 4, you'll have to request I play it if you ever catch me streaming Rock Band 4.

I'm actually glad that Lemmings World Tour has some hidden meanings within it, SEB Lems is very music orientated as you'll find out if you haven't already ;).
I feel packs need to have a very good reason to be called what they are called, that's why I still have not got a name for my unnamed 2nd pack after being in development since before Christmas.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2018, 06:09:51 AM »
I'm actually glad that Lemmings World Tour has some hidden meanings within it, SEB Lems is very music orientated as you'll find out if you haven't already ;).
I feel packs need to have a very good reason to be called what they are called, that's why I still have not got a name for my unnamed 2nd pack after being in development since before Christmas.

I'm curious, What's the theme of your Level pack?

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2018, 08:59:15 PM »
Well, there's not that much "hidden" meaning behind the concept of a Lemmings band touring the world, and therefore all levels being named after songs. There are going to be Eurovision songs among them, but only the more famous ones - Waterloo happens to be a place, after all, and there are a bunch of songs in general which are named after places / cities, so that combines the idea of "song levels" with actually touring the world. :) Plus there's the instruments graphic set, plus the band versions of the classic Lemmings tunes. Nothing really "secret" about it ;) .

@Flopsy: Yeah, I'm familiar with that, this "it's all political and nobody likes us" narrative is not exclusive to the UK - it's also being regurgitated here in Germany, and in basically every other country that keeps getting bad results. It's often even initiated by people from the broadcaster itself (BBC in your case / NDR in mine), because it's an easy excuse for those in charge to explain why they can't pick entries that score higher. That was also the case in Portugal, who were notoriously unsuccessful - until they won last year. Basically, as soon as a streak of success starts again, that narrative disappears. ;)
Russia keeps getting votes for strong songs even when their overall popularity in Europe is low (and they suddenly place a lot lower when they simply send weaker songs). At the same time, countries where this "no one likes us, so it's useless" mentality takes hold tend to put less effort into their entries, so this whole thing becomes a downward spiral and a self-fulfilling prophecy ;) .

I have actually already played SEB Lems quite a bit. Did I really not upload any replays yet? ;) I remember that I got stuck somewhere (as usual ;) ), but in the meantime I may have gotten better - I was also stuck on Lemmings Migration, and then suddenly solved a huge chunk of it recently.

So far however, the only music reference I found in SEB Lems...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My packs so far:

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2018, 11:53:48 PM »
Heads up, my Youtube videos may go on a brief hiatus, because my cat passed away today. I may not be in the mood to record stuff for a week or so. :(:lix-sad:
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2018, 12:05:24 AM »
I am so sorry to hear that Arty :( :(

Losing a pet can be so devastating. Take all the time you need and we are here for you!

Offline BBP

• View Profile
    • BB's lair!
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »
Aw, that lovely Chester you posted pictures of? Sorry to hear about that...
Playing: Lemmings Revolution
Solved: 93 - Unsolved: 9 - Unreached: 0
Last completed level: The Long And Winding Road

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »
I'm discontinuing all of my Lemmings and Lix LPs on my channel until further notice.

All recorded and uploaded content will continue to come up as normal but I'm not recording anything new for the time being.

I'm going to take the opportunity to focus on Sonic content, Rock Band streams and other projects.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2018, 05:01:24 AM »
I'm guessing you want to catch up with the sonic content? Wouldn't blame ya