Author Topic: Lemmings Forums on Youtube  (Read 97363 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums on Youtube
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
I started a let's play with commentary of Lemmings 3: All new World of Lemmings. :)

Everything is already recorded and I will save every Lemming in this playthrough.

Link to the playlist (commentary and gameplay starts in part 1 which is also uploaded) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F-9iksDh6s

I play the game in DOSBOX with the CD music from a original CDROM.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »
I might avoid watching it at the moment as I'm still to complete the game. I remember playing the game for the very first time a couple of years ago and it was very fun (Lemmings 3) We must encourage those who have not tried this game yet, it is a must I would say.

It's good seeing more people doing lets play, such as Wafflem and many others. :thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2016, 05:24:13 PM »
I was thinking about future YouTube projects with commentary and I was wondering after the Dune tileset release if there is any interest in me playing through the Dune 2000 RTS game at some point?   ???

Would be a longer series as missions there tend to be a bit longer and I am no speedrunner and tend to take my time :P

Probably I would make ~ 30min parts to actually make decent progress in each mission.

Just wanted to know if there is at least a bit of interest as it is not a Lemmings game.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »
Go for it Ichotolot not just for us on the forum but many others out there who really like Dune 2000 :thumbsup:. I don't know much about real time strategy type games myself but there are lots of people who love those type of games.

Was that game based on a book?. I know a frank herbert wrote a book called dune.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2016, 06:49:53 PM »
Got the right steup for the Dune 2000 recording today and got surprising results with the higher resolutions I now use as the game only runs with a user mod on modern systems.

- I normally play with 800x600 resolution, because if I crank it up higher everything just gets too small. But I will play and record at 640x400, because cutscenes will still be in 640x400 and leave an really ugly edge with the colors of the previous screen in the spare space. So I will play on the original lower resolution where I can see less in game, but everything around is displayed fine.
Without cutscenes I would definitly turn the res up though :P

- My screen was still on 640x480 and I noticed a black edge still on the top and bottom. I needed to set up the recording screen of 640x400 at 40 pixel height to avoid these edges.

- With the more advanced options the CnCnet user mod provides I could "cure" any flickering in the recording and it runs good with OBS.

So everything is set and the series will probably start after L3 :)

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2016, 08:12:05 PM »
Just started my Let's Play of Lemmings Plus I! Link to the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQHiUcBinBlBLk9_KD08zXEhrhZbWeX5o
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2016, 10:10:49 AM »
First post updated with Icho's, Wafflem's, Arty's youtube homepages.

I checked the 3 new links, but didn't check other links if broken. I didn't go through the entire thread: If you have a youtube homepage, but aren't in the first post, post again.

-- Simon

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
Simon, you still need to add my youtube page :thumbsup:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »
Done!

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »
My Dune 2000 let's play has now finally started 8-)

Link to the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYzEh-zNkBs

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2016, 01:29:03 PM »
Just a note to followers on my channel, thank you for the patience for the last 6 weeks of lack of content.

My channel is starting to pick up steam a bit again now.
Hopefully I can get it back to 4-7 videos a week consistently :thumbsup:

Current plans are to finish Deceit and Sublems as quickly as possible to prepare for Wafflem's forthcoming Lemmingbytes pack playthrough.
Lemmings Plus series and Lix Community Pack will be ongoing projects due to the sheer length of them.

As soon as Lemmingbytes is released, I will halt all other projects going on and focus exclusively on Lemmingbytes :thumbsup:

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2016, 06:23:49 PM »
Should have mentioned this since a long time ago.

My videos are currently on hiatus. The reason is that I currently have a lot of IRL stuff to deal with and my own Lemmings projects, all of which take priority. I don't know when I'll continue.

If I ever continue doing videos, they won't be lemmings videos, but rather on other games like Chip's Challenge.

It was a lot of fun recording videos anyway! :)

EDIT: I'm sort of back to recording videos, but as I said, future videos will most likely be on non-Lemmings games. The one I most recently recorded was Emily Is Away.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:13:36 PM by Wafflem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2016, 01:38:02 PM »
Just another note on my channel.

My Sublems playthrough has now finished, I am not going to continue with this pack anymore. I didn't mention this on the part 16 video, I came to the decision shortly after that video was recorded.
I've come to this decision because I find the pack stressful and the first few levels in Hellish as a whole just brought this problem to a head. I'm not enjoying the pack and I'm sure no one wants to watch me raging and being unenthusiastic about the pack. So out of respect for Colorful Arty and the community, I'm pulling the plug here, believe me it wouldn't be pretty if I continued.

Also, I guess the same is true for Deceit Lemmings, if I ever solve Mayhem 21 on that game then I can go back and finish the playthrough given that there is only one more level after that but I have come up trumps on M21 so many times now.

Focus now will be on Lemmings Plus series, Lix and Sonic Mega Drive series.
Again if Lemmingbytes gets released, then I will immediately halt these projects and focus on that instead full time.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »
Pm'ed you about Hellish 3 with a replay, you just missed a detail with which you would have solved it in 5mins ;)

But I respect your decision. When sth doesn't make fun anymore, why torturing yourself?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »
this weekend I'll be alone, will have time and won't have to be quiet; which means I could stream if I wanted to; which I'm seriously thinking about. But I don't really know what to stream. I think I have a few options;

1) I'll play levels people submit to me to play. Anyone can send me a level to play here; it must be either NeoLemmix or Lix.

2) Play someone's random pack. Suggestions are welcome.

3) The pokemon thing I posted about earlier.

4) Some other game, suggestions are welcome.

-----
Also; I need some advice from the people who've streamed. What should I use? Arty, Insane Steve, any tips or whatever?

And I'd like to use Skype while doing it too like you guy's have been doing. Playing levels will be better if people are there to help me along--two heads are better ;)

If this works-- I'll be avaialbe on Thursday, [probably not] Friday, but Saturday and Sunday, maybe even Monday.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:14:29 PM by möbius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain