Off-Topic Boards > General Discussion

Lemmings Forums on Youtube

(1/49) > >>

Clam:
This thread is for all Lemmings Forums content on Youtube. If you've made Lemmings videos for Youtube, and you're not ashamed of it, tell us about it here!

This is probably the number one thing LemmingsHeaven did better than us (custom tilesets a close 2nd), so I'd like to (belatedly) rectify that. I'm aware that some of you have videos of your custom levels, or gameplay of the original levels. I'd like to gather up some channel links in this post, so we can find your stuff!

Technical advice is welcome. What hardware and software do you need? How do you set it up? How do you make your videos look nice?

Lemmings Forumers on Youtube

Adam - SMSLemmings
alfonz1986 - alfonz1986
BBP - BonnyBP
ccexplore - thelemtube
Crane aka. Garjen - WaterCrane
Colorful Arty - Colorful Arty
Dodochacalo - Dodochacalo
Eric119 - EricOneOneNine
Fernito - Fernito69
Flopsy - Flopsy
Giga - GigaLem
grams88 - Atari st Favorites
Gronkling - gronkling and Diysion
GuyPerfect - ThePerfectKiosk
IchoTolot - IchoTol0t
Insane Steve - damintsustin
kaywhyn - kaywhyn
Kornhead21 - BizkitPart21
Lemmy556 - Lemmy556
loftyD - loftyD
Luis - LuisParson
Martin Z - dutjuup
MASTER-88 - metroidmaster88
möbius - Bronco541
namida - jihoon4242
Nicolas Eymerich - Ellischant
Nortaneous - Nortaneous
Pieuw - Pieuw
Pooty - PootyTheEchidna
Proxima - SentinelProxima
rtw - roundthewheelrtw
RubiX - rubix2007
Simon - SimonN
Soljmolf - Soljmolf
ssam1221 - ssam1221
Swerdis - Vidusaka
Tim - timfoxxy
The Tomato Watcher - The Tomato Watcher
Turrican - Turrican Lemm
Wafflem - Wafflem
WillLem - WillLem
Yawg - JustAnotherEgo

Proxima:
Excelllent topic idea!

I'm SentinelProxima on YouTube. I've only got one Lemmings video up so far (Luis' remake of Brute Fours); the vast majority of my videos are of the Repton games (at which I am the world number one speedrunner); I also have a few of other BBC Micro games (including full playthroughs of Xor and Chuckie Egg), and the start of a "perfect run" of Iji, which I'll finish off at some point.

I use HyperCam 2 for recording and VirtualDub for editing. I don't add much polish, I just remove unwanted frames so it flows smoothly, especially where I have to splice together multiple takes.

GuyPerfect:

--- Quote from: Clam Spammer on 2013-04-18 05:38:33 ---I'd like to gather up some channel links in this post, so we can find your stuff!
--- End quote ---

All my Lemmings videos are currently located here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLafu32KJbp9WdKEBiVK6mOeL0oWk5FbmS

--- Quote from: Clam Spammer on 2013-04-18 05:38:33 ---Technical advice is welcome too. What hardware and software do you need, how do you set it up, how do you make your videos look nice (if at all)?
--- End quote ---

I've historically used DosBox for capture, then Avisynth for editing. The result is generally upsampled to some HD size (mainly to retain audio quality on YouTube) and encoded to MP4. I also capture videos from console systems using a typical capture device, often with some fancy deinterlacing (QTGMC is slow, but gee whiz is it good). I oughtta get an HD capture device and say goodbye to deinterlacing forever...

ccexplore:
So far, the only time I got sufficiently motivated to upload to Youtube is when geoo came up with that infamous 1-builder save 100% solution to DOS ONML Tame 13:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by3MunMkw1M

The related posts from the forum thread are here, somewhat confusingly under a "glitches" thread.  It was captured from replaying the solution in Lemmix and there was no editing done on the video.  I don't remember what program I used for capturing.

Pooty:
I'm PootyTheEchidna on YouTube. Almost all of my Lemmings videos are based on the Master System version (the one that isn't is when 77 lemmings rescued was the record for level 19 of 3D Lemmings).

My recording and editing setup hasn't been consistent. I used to use CamStudio to record footage, but this only seems to work well when recording Lemmings because of the game's naturally low framerate. These days, I use Bandicam with the Lagarith video codec to record PC or emulator footage, I edit using Sony Movie Studio 12, and I convert to MP4 by using Handbrake. Handbrake is used because it's much quicker and higher quality than Sony's MP4 conversions.

I've also got real consoles that I can record from, as long as I am able to convert the signal to either SCART, Composite, S-Video or Component. I record Component using the Hauppauge HD PVR, and the other three signals using a Dazzle. The Dazzle is for simplicity, and the PVR is specifically for recording high quality video. For both capture devices, I record using Arcsoft Total Media Extreme 2, which is the software that came with the PVR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version