Author Topic: Tileset ideas thread  (Read 24079 times)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset ideas thread
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2017, 11:27:58 PM »
City (build skyrizes, roads/bridges/construction areas etc)
Pandora (avatars world)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2017, 02:47:44 AM »
Thought of few just now

first a few that would be fit for a holiday pack

Gingerbread - and entire set made of parts for gingerbread houses, oh and sugar cookies too
and now the others, LETS GET MULTICULTURAL!
Holiday sets for...
Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Boxing Day, St. Lucia Day, Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Omisoka

If someone does a few of these sets, I found my theme for Holiday GigaLems 2018

and now the other one.

Pokemon - Entrance has a button in the middle with a red side on the left and white side on the right to look like a pokeball. pickup skills are TMs. One way fields could be the moving tiles from the rocket hideout. Teleporters from Sabrina's gym. Unlock switches could like like the mewtwo statues. Traps could be wild high level pokemon (Like an exploding Electrode) Exits are Pokemon Centers. and the Terrain could reflect the theme of the region (Hell the suggestions I gave could reflect a theme of a region, like for unova you have the Switches from Iris's gym)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2018, 03:03:44 AM »
I had an idea for one, which I would like to attempt to put together one day...

Industrial.

Things like yellow acid, hazard stripes, spinning lights (those things that have a rotating reflector inside a transparent dome) over a door to indicate an exit, and gas flames, spinning sawblades and pumping pistons (splat pad) as traps, for example.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »
Bank - lots of money dollar bills, gold coins, silver coins, bronze coins. The exit is a bank vault, and can also serve as a locked exit - you just need to collect all the keys.

Well look at that - pretty much exactly what I have just created, without having looked into this thread before :D . Just like instruments.

Math, which has been mentioned here, too, is also something I have considered - though it would probably contain a lot of geometrical shapes, too (triangles, polygons, mathematical operators, etc.)

I have also been toying with the idea of a medical tileset - containing syringes, scalpels, stethoscopes, as well as a bunch of human organs. Especially the latter will be dificult to sprite, though. :D

I do have a lot of potential level titles for such a graphic set, though: "Lemergency room", "House, Lem. D.", "Let's get physical"...
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels