Author Topic: Crochet Lix?  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Mikex62

• Cookies? WHERE?!
    • View Profile
Crochet Lix?
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »
I HAVE heard of crochet Lemmings (I got one! :) ), but has there been a crochet Lix?

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Re: Crochet Lix?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
Not to my knowledge, unfortunately. (I have a crochet lemming, too, by the way - he lives on my desk with the ones I've sewn, and the one that my grandmother knitted for me when I was a kid.)

I've been idly considering sewing one, though...

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Crochet Lix?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
Doesn't exist so far, yes. Here's some details on the character.

The lix is a rodent, but does look even more like a human than a lemming does. The head is spherical, no large snout.

The hair is orange, the skin color is a normal human beige. If you open the sprites file (lix.I.png), you will find the sprites with dark yellow hair and white skin, but this is just for standing out more against everything else in the sprites file. They get recolored (using lixrecol.I.png) when the game loads.

The shirt doesn't have two colors, but is just one shade of red. The two shades are used throughout the sprites file mainly to show which arm is in front.

The hair is long enough to give fun possibilities for sprite animation, to underline body and head movements. Long, voluminous hair is important. When not sure on how long the hair should be, make it longer.

The feet are a little large in proportion to everything, as is the head, but people are used to larger heads for cartoon characters.

-- Simon