Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?  (Read 116176 times)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Re: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2020, 01:43:14 AM »
Finished playing the new Switch remake of Link's Awakening. It's a very faithful remake of the original with the exception of very small things here and there. Honestly, the only really noticeable change was the possibility that the boss of the secret, optional dungeon only present in the DX version of the original game was nerfed a little bit. I'm not complaining because from what I remember he was a pain :P My next step is to 100% it (which I've never done) and to try to do a deathless run of it to get the best ending.

I'm also going to take advantage of the at-the-time-of-this-post Steam sell going on to finally pick up a copy of Five Nights At Freddy's Help Wanted especially now that you no longer need a VR headset to play it because there's now a non-VR gameplay mode available in one of its recent updates. I might even get another copy of World Of Goo: a beautiful game that introduced me to the wonderful world of indie games over a decade ago :laugh:

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2020, 01:22:34 AM »
I beat Pokémon insurgence at the end of summer last year, I remember when I heard his last Pokémon fainting I sprang out of my chair and ran around the house so excited and I came back to the screen to see the message that I defeated the champion! I was kind of freaking out.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2020, 01:36:02 AM »
been playing Breath of the Wild a lot and I can say the hype is real. It's honestly probably the greatest Zelda game of all time... even way up there on the list of greatest GAMES of all time :o 8-)

I need a faster horse... :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2020, 06:03:33 PM »
I've finished Grandia III now. Not sure what I'll take on next, sadly there isn't a Grandia IV. I've been revisiting The Swindle a bit lately, but it's more a "short bursts" game than a long term playthrough.

G3 was another excellent game. They finally upped the difficulty a bit, too. :D
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2020, 12:21:24 AM »
Rosenkreuzstilette. It's a cute, silly and rather charming game inspired by the Mega Man series; I haven't actually played any of the MM games, so I'm relying on my girlfriend to point out all the references :P

It's very fun so far, looks great and has really nice music, although the balancing is rather strange. Nearly every boss is ridiculously easy if you use the weapon they are weak to, and ridiculously hard if you don't. Still, I've only been playing for a few days, so I'm sure they will seem a bit less unapproachable when I get a bit more used to the game 8-)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2020, 05:02:09 AM »
Nearly every boss is ridiculously easy if you use the weapon they are weak to, and ridiculously hard if you don't.

The Mega Man games also have this problem (except Mega Man 2, where nearly all of the bosses are easy). Plus, half the time the weaknesses never make any sense, so for the most part it's unplayable without a guide, first to tell you which of the robot masters is the least absurdly hard to defeat without their weakness, then to tell you which boss is weak to which weapon. Plus, because of the fact that all the levels are available from the start means that the game gets easier as it goes along instead of harder,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2020, 02:34:39 PM »
Smashed my speed run/rings record in Sonic The Hedgehog (the Amy Rose hack) this morning. Managed 208 rings in 1:38! Here's a link to the video if you want to watch.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:20:01 PM by WillLem »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2020, 09:28:09 PM »
Nice work! It certainly takes a lot of practice and skill to pull that off. It reminds me of one of my older threads, which is similar, but a bit less complex.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2020, 02:05:47 AM »
Just got the new Animal Crossing game, and it is so much fun!
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2020, 01:48:14 AM »
Since I've just played a Mega Man-inspired game, my girlfriend suggested I should give the original games a try, so we've started on Mega Man X. Really enjoying this one so far 8-)

We're also playing The Talos Principle together, a 3D puzzle game with an interesting world to explore, snippets of lore and philosophy hidden in odd corners, and fun puzzles involving manipulating simple objects such as blocks, gates and lasers. Somewhat similar to Portal (I think -- I haven't played Portal myself so it's hard to compare). I've just reached the Egypt-themed world, and the graphics and music here are really beautiful :) This is definitely becoming one of my favourite games.

Also still slowly working on those last few achievements on Hollow Knight. The last part of the game is an (entirely optional) area themed around boss rushes -- the bosses are divided into four "pantheons", each with nine bosses from the main game plus a unique boss, and you have to defeat them in a row with a heal at the halfway mark. In addition, for each pantheon you can take one of four "bindings" (disadvantages, such as halving the damage of your regular attack, or halving your maximum health). So, in all there are 16 pantheon-binding combinations to achieve. I'm definitely not going for all 16 as some of them are ridiculous, but you get rewards at 8, 12 and 16, and I've now done 10, so I am hoping to get to 12 8-)

All this may sound off-putting, and it's certainly a big time investment to first get good enough at the game to be able to achieve the bindings, and then actually pull them off. Fortunately, Hollow Knight is one of very few games where the bosses are so well-designed that it's still fun to redo them with different conditions and have to come up with new strategies to meet each challenge.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2020, 04:19:52 AM »
(I think -- I haven't played Portal myself so it's hard to compare)

I highly recommend remedying this. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
My brother and I managed to complete an old adventure game just recently. It was Hook pc dos game, It was on the atari st and the amiga but I decided to try the dos one and the game was actually quite good. Tricky puzzle wise. It was a game based off the Hook film that had Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman in it.

At the moment I'm playing through Pushover, a game I don't think I completed in the past so I decided why not see if I can beat this game once and for all. Anyone who has not played pushover, it is a must.

I might think about playing Jack Orlando soon, it's a really good looking game graphically, it's cartoon graphics but done really well. It's an adventure game where you are having to solve a murder.

Also still been playing the Cueclub 2 game, it's the snooker and Pool game, probably one of my favorite snooker and pool games of all time. I like my snooker but bad thing this year is it looks like it will be cancelled this year the (world snooker championship) Uk one. argggggg

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2020, 08:12:19 PM »
Me and my gf recently grabbed a couple of Worms games off Steam. We're already familiar with the series in general (we've got Battlegrounds on PS4 via PS Plus and we play it every now and then), but we grabbed two - the newest one (Worms WMD), and the newest 3D one (I forget the exact name but it had "Mayhem" in it).

WMD is very good - it seems to take the general gameplay of Battlegrounds and improve on it well; although I do have to say I much prefer Battlegrounds' UI. On the other hand, I wasn't so impressed by the 3D one - definitely got to give them credit for trying, and some impressive technical achievements to make it work, but ultimately I just feel Worms doesn't translate very well to 3D in practice - as much as it sounds like "Worms 3D" would be an awesome idea in theory.
My Lemmings projects

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2020, 11:00:27 AM »
I got a Switch Lite a few weeks ago; does anyone else have a Switch here? My friend code is SW-7332-5015-5437. I haven't got any games for it yet, but I am intending to buy Super Mario Maker 2 when I am done with the current quarter of university (which will be later this week or after the weekend).
I have been playing about an hour on it every day (a bit in the morning and a bit in the evening, usually), and have really enjoyed playing classics I hadn't played before. My favourites so far have been F-Zero and Balloon Fight, I think. I already completed Balloon Fight, though (well, I got to the point where the stages loop). I'm looking forward to playing Metroid and Super Metroid, which I haven't yet got into! I have played quite a bit of The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. 2 (the Doki Doki Panic one), with both of which I've had varying experiences. For The Legend of Zelda, mostly positive, and for Super Mario Bros. 2, mostly negative. Both are nice to finally play though, after all I've heard about them. :)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »
I really like the worms games, I remember getting worms 3d back in 2003 as a christmas present. It did take awhile getting used to, I think there was a lot of complaints in relation to how the camera moves or works.  My least favorite 3d worms would probably have to be worms forts, don't get me wrong it does seem good in concept.  I think they still have a big community out there for worms, I think a lot of them like the worms armageddon, that was my favorite one. I usually play a couple of games of worms with my Dad at the weekend. You picked a good one there as well Namida with worms wmd, that's quite popular as well.

Oh that F zero game that 607 was mentioning is actually quite a good one. Balloon fight actually looks like a game I would like. You might like the professor layton puzzles, alot of them are quite tricky puzzles, I think you can get that for Switch lite.