Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?  (Read 116219 times)

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
Re: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2018, 12:42:20 AM »
I've moved on from the Link to the Past Randomizer (for now) and am now playing Fire Emblem 6 with the English patch. Very fun game; I love the GBA Fire Emblem games a lot.
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Zoinked

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2018, 10:10:04 AM »
I have recently bought Fallout 4 from https://www.eneba.com/steam-fallout-4-vr-steam-key-global

Very nice game ! I will be gaming all night ! :D

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »
I've been playing some of the tomb raider games, I'm currently playing tomb raider anniversary. I think I'm on the second last level which has been quite hard.

Also I've been playing some (Parasol stars) on the atari st emulator, I still enjoy my old games.

I ordered the Rhem games for my brother and everything went okay as they arrived. 

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »
I've just finished Hollow Knight with 100% completion :thumbsup: (Thanks to the additional content in upgrades to the game, the maximum is actually 112%, but they kept the achievement for 100% as-is and added a new achievement for 112%. So there's a fair amount of leeway in terms of reaching 100% while leaving some of the hardest challenges for later.)

This is a really good Metroidvania game -- for those not familiar with the term, it's a platformer where instead of discrete levels, you explore a whole world, gradually unlocking new areas (usually by gaining abilities); unlocked areas always remain accessible (usually with unlockable fast-travel) and there are plenty of secrets to find by returning to early-game areas with late-game abilities.

It's a genre that I really like in principle, but don't play much -- it seems to be hard to find out about good ones except by watching others play, but then you lose the sense of exploration and finding secrets for yourself. Fortunately, Hollow Knight is one case where the game is still tremendous fun even after having watched it. That's partly because it's really well-made, with stunning visuals and music, and well-designed levels and bosses. It's also because the difficulty level was just about right for me, and I could feel that I was getting better at the game over the time I played it. (I won't do this for a while, but there are achievements for speedruns that I look forward to having a go at.)

Also, while there are a couple of very nasty sections, there are ways in which the game goes out of its way to be nice to you. The Hiveblood charm, available around mid-game, allows you to continually retry the tough platforming challenges without risking dying and losing progress. Unbreakable Strength, the most expensive charm in the game at 15,000 geo, was the last thing I bought, but you could get it earlier if you're willing to grind, and it's a complete game-breaker :P

I think this is one I'll keep plugging away at, when I have time, until I get to 112% 8-)

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »
I’m playing a Pokémon fan game called Pokémon Insurgence it is so hard I’m on elite four/champion I can beat the elite four but I was to underleveled for the champion his top level is 92! So I have to go back and train everyone to at least level 90 might team is a Lucario, Espeon, Delta Gardevoir ( delta Pokémon are Pokémon that are typed differently Delta Gardevoir is ice, electric) Serperior, Nidoking and Mew the music is amazing to and instead of one evil team to take down there are 5! The Abyssal cult, Infernal cult, Sky cult, Darkrai cult, and perfection cult, my favourite is the darkrai cult because I like their leaders back story and her battle theme but you don’t battle her until just before the 6th gym. If you like Pokémon I think you should check it out if you haven’t already! There are some glitches though like once I lost to an elite four member and the game froze when that happens the game saves and shuts off when I went back on the game though I had no Pokémon and it would automatically enter me into the battle and show all my Pokémon were fainted then an error message occurred and the game shut off I was stuck in this loop for a while until I figured out how to load a backup save.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2019, 01:08:27 AM »
Quote from: Shmolem
I'm playing a Pokémon fan game called Pokémon Insurgence

I know this is late but I've heard of that fan game! I haven't played it yet but it sounds really interesting especially the idea of those cults. I always loved the ideas behind the "evil teams" of Pokemon games.

Meanwhile: I grabbed a copy of Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 a while back. I was able to finally play Mega Man 9 and 10 on my own. Both are amazing and probably some of my favorites from the classic series. I did now move on to Mega Man 7. While I'm enjoying the game the only thing that feels weird about it is the fact that you only choose between 2 separate groups of 4 robot masters at a time instead of all 8 from the very beginning. It doesn't ruin the experience or anything... it just comes off as weird Also wow Slash Man completely kicked my butt... now I understand why no-damage runs of his stage are brutal.

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »
Getting back into OoT Randomizer! Super fun; I'd love to do a multiworld seed with people in the future if there's interest there. :)
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2019, 10:50:36 PM »
Super Metroid. It's my girlfriend's favourite game, so she recommended me to play it after I finished A Link to the Past.

Sorry for not doing this one on stream -- it's nicer for her when it's just the two of us :P And in any case, while it is a fantastic game, there are some sections, such as getting used to the wall jump and grappling, that would not make for very fun viewing. But I'm really enjoying it and I think I'm a decent way into it -- I've reached the savepoint in Maridia just before the boss.

I have also tried out the LttP randomiser -- actually, I had a little race with my girlfriend, although of course she beat me by a long way, finishing the game when I had only done five bosses. But that was also great fun and we'll have some more races and one day I'll win one of them :P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:09:33 PM by Proxima »

Offline combatmatrix088

• Cognosce te ipsum
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »
I don't have time to play now but if I did I would probably try out Destiny 2 since it became free on PC recently.

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:38 PM »
Stellaris und Civilization VI still....I love this kind of games. Occasionally, I also play Divinity 2 Original Sin and Elder Scrolls Online - but especially the latter is pretty time-consuming and hard to combine with a full-time-job.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:50:16 PM by Swerdis »

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »
I bought Harvest Moon DS at the last retro game con/market I went to, so I've been playing... Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. ;) It's just so much better, and there was a lot more that I hadn't done yet than I thought!
I got quite excited when I saw it is getting a remake... I don't have a Switch yet, though!
I've also been playing Super Mario Sunshine, as I'd like to get to the credits of it... but it is so hard to figure out what to do, to me. Some people seem to love that game, though, and it is Mario and a platformer, so I'd like to get through it. :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2019, 11:27:23 PM »
I've been playing a bit of a puzzle game I got through Playstation Plus a while back, called "Road Not Taken". It's quite hard to describe, beyond mentioning that the puzzles are mostly randomly-generated.

From what I hear, it's also available on PC and mobile. I'd recommend it if you can get it cheap, though I'd say it's not the kind of game that's worth forking out much more than a few dollars for - the novelty does wear off fairly quickly.

That aside - I've mentioned this on Discord, but I recently picked up that "Untitled Goose Game" (PC and Switch, coming to PS4 in the future). I definitely recommend that one, although it is a bit on the short side so again I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting for a price drop and/or extra content.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »
Not long after the above post I pretty much completed everything I could be bothered doing in Road Not Taken (not quite 100% of the journal, but I got all the trophies and completed multiple runs through the game on both difficulties).

A while back I had asked on another forum what PS1 RPGs people would recommend (outside of Final Fantasy, I mean), and three names constantly came up in the responses - Xenogears, Chrono Cross and Grandia. I tried two of these - Xenogears and Chrono Chross - a while back, but both fell well into the "something about these games just puts me off" territory (in the case of Chrono Cross, this is despite me really liking the previous game in the series, Chrono Trigger on SNES), and I never got around to trying Grandia. Well, recently, I finally gave it a go, and this one is different - I'm actually really liking it!

(No spoilers ahead.)

It isn't the most challenging; a few bosses have given me a bit of difficulty, but so far, only two have given me game overs - one early-mid Disc 1 boss gave me a single Game Over, while an optional boss on early Disc 2 gave me a good 10+ game overs, though I'm pretty sure I'm underlevelled for him at this stage so that was probably a big part of why (and I did beat him eventually!). The battle system is quite interesting - it actually feels quite like a lower-tech version of FFX-2's battle system, which is one of my favorites from the FF series (probably second only to FFX).

This would have been a good game to LP, but when I started I wasn't sure I'd like it. Plus there's still the issue of that LP'ing is often not practical for me these days - as I've mentioned before, I don't often have time where my recording would neither disrupt anyone else nor be drowned in bird noises; and when there is such a window, it's usually during the hours that I'm on-call for work and thus could be interrupted at any moment - this is okay, if a bit inconvenient, for coding or for playing things, but not so much for LP'ing anything. :(

EDIT: I've now completed it. There were a few more bosses that gave me difficulty. The above optional one was the only optional boss I found; though after finishing the game I did some Googling and found out that four more optional bosses exist (spread across two optional areas, neither of which I found at all). Outside of the final boss sequence, two more storyline bosses - both of which were 1v1 battles - gave me a game over each; and I got a few game overs in the final boss sequence as well, most of them against the 1st boss of it but a couple against the 2nd. The optional boss mentioned before still, by far, gave me the most game overs. I never got a single game over against a "random" encounter, though there were two very close calls where I had to escape to avoid a game over.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:45:07 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline combatmatrix088

• Cognosce te ipsum
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »
Mostly Destiny 2 as it came out for free on Steam not too long ago. That's the closest thing I can play to Halo games beyond Halo 2 on PC. However, MCC should come out soon so no worries. It's just a matter of time.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2019, 10:56:02 PM »
I finally got Breath of the Wild and I've not gotten very far yet but its already very fun :D . It's immediately a noticeable improvement on past 3D Zelda games.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain