Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?  (Read 116208 times)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
Re: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
I have been playing Guild Wars 2 and Rayman Legends with my Wii U. I just completed it 100% :D

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
I'm currently playing through Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for the Nintendo 3DS.

It's not quite up to the standards of the games that it so badly wants to be like, such as Castle of Illusion, and Mickey Mania (it's not due to its quality - it's due to having to throw in loads of dialogue and fetch-quests so that modern publishers won't whine about not being able to put an "X Number-of-hours of Gameplay!" bullet-point on the packaging), but it is very good. Really enjoying it.

I will say that the downloadable demo does not reflect how good the game actually is - it actually put me off, initially.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 03:16:21 AM »
Well, mostly working on LPII in my gaming time, but I do boot up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the occasional online match or two. Also played GTAV recently, and I'm quite looking forward to Oddworld: New n Tasty and FFX HD Re-release.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »
RHEM. It's old adventure/puzzle game similar to Myst, which is one of my favorites so pretty sure I'll love it.

This is what I've been doing when I should've been making my contest level.  :P
If your a Myst fan or a puzzle fan you'll love this series. Also it's purely puzzle and very little storyline which I sort of enjoy. btw, I did figure out that puzzle I posted in chat, it turned out I was just missing something obvious. So far only once in the game was there a really obtrusive sort of-- way-out-there thing that I had to look up the solution for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiwG97748pQ
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
Been playing Wonderland Adventures: Planet of the Z-Bots over the past week or so.  It's the 3rd game in the Wonderland Adventures series (and 6th or 7th if you count all the Wonderland games), was finally released this October after over 4 years since the previous game.  The main developer of the Wonderland games pitched the original game way back in Chip's Challenge community which is how I learned about them.  They are singleplayer puzzle games with a tiny bit of action, storyline and NPCs mixed in, has its roots inspired by Chip's Challenge and evolved from there.

I've been a Myst fan in the past as well, so sounds like RHEM will be something on my list of games to check out.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 12:32:57 AM »
that looks pretty interesting. thanks for the recommendation.
Now I have that + Perspective on my big 'things that never-get-done' list  :D

I've just begun RHEM 2, and it's a step up in graphics and sound. Also I've been told the puzzles are harder and more interesting.

still not in a very Lemmings mood  :-\
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »
that looks pretty interesting. thanks for the recommendation.

I should mention that although the latest game out that I was playing (Planet of the ZBots) doesn't have a free demo version yet, the older games in the Wonderland series should all have free demo versions I think, which you can download from the midnightsynergy website on the page that features the particular game.  Granted, the demos only feature the levels at the beginning so it might seem easier than the full game.  Still, it lets you get a general feel of the games.

And the game engine's like almost 10 years old at this point, so set your expectations accordingly when it comes to graphics (although to be fair, it's decent enough for a puzzle game).

==============

RHEM does look very Myst-like and intriguing, however it looks like it only ships as a CD rather than an electronic download.  Aside from having to wait for shipping (undoubtedly prone to delays at this time of year), some of my newer laptops don't have CDROM drives so it's a bit limiting.  Anyway, I may still give in on this one day, but for now I think I'll probably look through the rest of this thread for other things to try out first.

===============

This is apparently old news already, but Chuck Somerville who created the original Chip's Challenge has finally created a successor to that game via KickStarter funding.  The result is Chuck's Challenge 3D which you can check out here.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
This is apparently old news already, but Chuck Somerville who created the original Chip's Challenge has finally created a successor to that game via KickStarter funding.  The result is Chuck's Challenge 3D which you can check out here.
It's new news to me! :o I'm absolutely delighted to hear this - I love Chip's Challenge. Thanks very much for the heads-up.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »
It's new news to me! :o I'm absolutely delighted to hear this - I love Chip's Challenge. Thanks very much for the heads-up.

if you're really into chips challenge check out: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/
there's a custom level community for this game as well. With a staggering amount of levels. All of which are not there but in other places like yahoo groups. I don't like using those personally. But there are a good amount of levelsets at this site.

Chuck's challenge looks really cool btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Y4aAiEF_Y

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 07:56:50 AM »
I'm into Portal 2 these days. Not the main game which I already finished lots of times, but the Workshop puzzles. And I was wondering if anyone here had this game? As it's possible to create custom test chambers, I thought it would be fun to share our creations. But if I'm alone, then I'll just share mine with myself :D

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 12:13:05 AM »
ooh, me, me!  :D

I'd luv to see your custom portal maps!  :thumbsup:

I haven't actually finished the game myself, lost interest half-way through but I still play it now and then

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »
I'm ludicrously addicted to Spelunky on the PS Vita right now. I've been playing it so much that I can almost imagine giant spiders crawling along the top of the forum, and hidden exits in the text-boxes. :XD:

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
I'm ludicrously addicted to Spelunky on the PS Vita right now. I've been playing it so much that I can almost imagine giant spiders crawling along the top of the forum, and hidden exits in the text-boxes. :XD:

I remember Spelunky from the XBLA. It's a great game. My favourite zone is the Ice Zone. There are two things I don't like however: The death count, and some blind levels which are very annoyingly difficult (Mainly because there are traps you can't see).
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 03:48:15 AM »
The death count doesn't bother me - I find it amusing, in much the same way as the one in VVVVVV. :thumbsup:

The dark levels, though... Ohhh, I hate the dark levels.....

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 11:08:37 PM »
besides making my big levelpack, I've been playing through RHEM 4, which is proving to be the hardest so far. What amazes me a little about the series as how unique he's been able to make each game. So far none of the puzzle concepts have really been repeated or over used. Only in RHEM3 was there a tad bit of predictability with some of the "secrets".

I've also been playing Crystalis for NES.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbZWpTwxtI&list=PL3oL4tJIsTucvGtsE8v9vr2woJEWp7kdO

-Hakuin Ekaku