Lemmings Boards > Reviews

Level Review – DoveLems

(1/17) > >>

mobius:
----this is a review for the user created DoveLems-----

DoveLems is a comprehensive, 125-level Lemmini pack made by Dodochacalo.

You can get the current version of DoveLems (December 31st 2012) here, with an ini-file for playing levels smoothly.

I recommend that our reviews are based on that version so there wouldn't be any contradictions.

Here is Dodochacalo's YouTube channel, where you can get all of Dodochacalo's levels. (note, however the levelpacks obtained here lack the ini-files)

Rules and review format are same than in other review games, but I guess we aren't too strict with them. Now let's have fun and review this large, excellent custom levelpack!
(edited by Akseli)
-----------

pictures (from Gronkling):
.ZIP with all the images in

[Gronkling's pictures are now in the resources folder. Thank you to geoo for hosting them previously. [Adam]]

-----------

Plain 1 – Again our Famous Lemmings!

Lemmings: 20
Save: 20%
RR: 70
Time: 5 minutes

skills: 10 miners

good: it’s nice easy level to begin with. The art and design is really well done and original which continues throughout this whole set.

bad: I tad precision based seems bad to start off the game.

Clam:
Is there a convenient set of pictures of these levels anywhere? If not, would it be worthwhile to make them? They sure would be nice
(edit: now there is, thanks Gronkling!)

Plain 2 - Critical Temperature

Lemmings: 10
Save: 2 (20%)
RR: 1
Time: 5
Skills: 10 bashers

Good: Easy, clean solution. Nice-looking compact design, with some neat touches (like the X).

Bad: Somewhat repetitive. Looks too intense for a training level. Rather difficult if you aren't aware of the directional select function.

Minim:
I've never played DoveLems, but I'm just wondering, where can you get the download to DoveLems? It would be nice to see a link.

Clam:
It's attached to this post in the Lemmini levelpack topic (edit: updated with correct link). I don't know where the "official" place is for Lemmini levels, but this one is a modified version so go with this anyway.

Minim:
Hey, thanks for the link. Now I can review DoveLems.

Plain 3 - Crazy Marble

Number of Lemmings: 10
Save: 2 (20%)
Time: 5 Minutes
Release Rate: 40

Skills: 10 Diggers

Good: A nice introduction to diggers. Still not too many lemmings to save...
Bad: Some of the bricks and the position entrance make the design look messy. Also, there's no way out for a digger if it gets trapped in the steel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version