Author Topic: How much pixels can a Lemming fall?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Mikex62

• Cookies? WHERE?!
    • View Profile
How much pixels can a Lemming fall?
« on: December 28, 2012, 09:34:10 PM »
I wanted to make a new Lemming game and I don't know how much pixels a lemming can fall until it splats, i need the information from Lemmings , and Lemmings 2 (Stunned and Splatting)

I would be MIGHTY grateful if someone told me...

In fact, if someone told me that, I would incorerate a custom skill! Like this one i did right now!

Moonwalker

Pros: Like a turner, It's funny  :D

Cons: If it hits a wall, it will turn back into a Walker, Cannot assign skills to it.

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: How much pixels can a Lemming fall?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
Quote from: cc's notes for Eric
MAX_FALLDISTANCECOUNT is 60 for most known versions of DOS Lemmings and its variants; 63 for CustLemm and a version of Lemmings that came with Mark Tsai's solution book.

Note that the exact behavior also depends on the skills' exact implementations. DOS L1 had a couple glitches with respect to the max fall distance. Miners coming out of a vertical wall might splat whereas walkers falling from the same tunnel may survive.

Don't know all the values or physics from Lemmings 2. There are fallers, tumblers, divers, ..., which may need separate treatment.

L2 fallers walk after falling up to 67 pixels, stun after falling 68 to 102 pixels, splat after falling 103 pixels.

-- Simon

Offline Mikex62

• Cookies? WHERE?!
    • View Profile
Re: How much pixels can a Lemming fall?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
Thank you very much! This will help me alot.