Author Topic: SNES Sprite remakes for Lemmini  (Read 2406 times)

SNES Sprite remakes for Lemmini
« on: October 30, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
G'day from downunder,

Been a Lemmings fan since childhood, The name's Josh.  ;) I've been playing Lemmini for a while now. since I heard that you can make your own Levels and make your own graphic objects for the game that I seen on Youtube. So I thought I'd share something that I've been making for a while.

since I love the SNES version of Lemmings alot, just thought I'd share my WIP of the SNES Entry and Exit graphic work I made and ripping the sprite from the SNES version of lemmings and re-graphicing it in high quality version for Lemmings, so far got the dirt, fire, marble and Pillar style remade in SNES version I love to share to you all.  ;)

Plus I got a YT clip up as well of the First Level of the game to show as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuNQ1coMGhI&feature=g-all-a&list=PL3F2C8C163AC72D2E

Cheers,
Josh

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: SNES Sprite remakes for Lemmini
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
I hope you don’t mind me asking, but nobody here seems to know and I can’t find info anywhere.

how exactly do you install custom graphics and music and sound into Lemmini? I found some music for it (I think) You seem to be pretty knowledgeable.
Good work on those btw.  :thumbsup:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Re: SNES Sprite remakes for Lemmini
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:52:26 PM »
Sorry for the Confusion on that remark mate.  :-[

What I meant was, Seeing the Youtube clips of the custom tiles and levels that you don't usually see in a Lemmings game itself sure looked awesome. Was motivated to give that game a go after seeing Lacktardo Youtube clips of his custom design Lemmings level on his Youtube video which got me very inspired for me to give it a go myself. So I thought I'd start  making the entry & Exit graphics from the SNES version of Lemmings and redraw it to Lemmini High quality version as well as adjusting the colour palette accurate like the SNES version.  :)

To answer your question, the music BG, I recorded it from the Snes emulator and playing Lemmings on it. SO I thought I record the music, save it afterwards.  I actually inserted it on VideoPad (which is a Video editing program) when editing the video when I captured the recording of playing Lemmini, then added the saved SNES BG music file to the clip. saved it.

Major bummer Lemmini can only use .MOD file only for the BG music.

The graphics? I used the default high quality version from the tile GIF pics, (But only changed the colour palette to the SNES colour palette using GIMP, it has a option for me to use the Index palette to change the palette very fast without having to go the hard way.

I'll be sure to one day show a video tutorial for that.

But thanks soo much in your input mate. I appreciate it alot. ;) :thumbsup: