Author Topic: Family Feud (Round 15)  (Read 49048 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Family Feud (Round 15)
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »
Sorry about being gone, I've been a bit busy recently. I'll reveal round 15 tonight (that is, in a few hours, one I've gotten everything for the puzzle contest I'm starting today up).
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2013, 01:41:39 AM »
Sorry about being gone, I've been a bit busy recently. I'll reveal round 15 tonight (that is, in a few hours, one I've gotten everything for the puzzle contest I'm starting today up).

aw, a puzzle contest, how come you didn't tell us about it? (maybe you did in chat but I wasn't around...) can you give some links or something?

and happy new year everybody
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:26 AM »

aw, a puzzle contest, how come you didn't tell us about it? (maybe you did in chat but I wasn't around...) can you give some links or something?

and happy new year everybody

http://ispuzzlecontest4.proboards.com/index.cgi

It's for a game that I play, and there's in-game prizes for the top performers. You're welcome to play along if you'd like.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2013, 08:01:19 AM »
Alright, the way too long awaited reveal! 7 entrants this time, may make scoring a bit interesting.

1) What is the worst level of Lemmings 1?

1 point: Hunt the Nessy (Insane Steve, Akseli, geoo, ccexplore)
3/4 point: We All Fall Down (Simon, Clam Spammer, möbius)

A nice split here. Simon was the only one to explicitly list a difficulty of WAFD but I just lumped them all together.

2) Name a tribe from Lemmings 2.

Classic: 1 point (Insane Steve, Simon, Clam Spammer, möbius, geoo, ccexplore)
Beach: 1/6 point (Akseli)

A near consensus here.

3) Who on the forums is the best Lemmings player?

1 point: ccexplore (Simon, Clam Spammer, möbius, geoo, ccexplore)
2/5 point: geoo (Insane Steve, Akseli)

möbius said that it was actually a tie between these two, but wisely listed ccexplore as his official answer.

4) You're at a restaurant. What do you order to drink?

1 point: soda (Insane Steve, Simon, möbius)
2/3 point: water (Akseli, geoo)
1/3 point: beer (ccexplore)
1/3 point: Diet Lemmingaid (Clam Spammer)  :P

I was a bit generous here -- I grouped Simon's "coke" with soda. There are people in the US who will call any kind of soda a Coke. Even non-cola soda. This bothers me a lot more than it should.

5) Did you eat breakfast today?

1 point: Yes (Simon, Clam Spammer, möbius, Akseli, ccexplore ["but only for Feud purposes"])
2/5 point: No (Insane Steve, geoo)

möbius makes another wise decision and changes his answer to this one. You people really need to try the university "get up at 1 and don't eat breakfast" thing, it's pretty awesome.

6) Name any food (I'm a bit hungry if you can't tell).

1 point: Pizza (Insane Steve, Clam Spammer, möbius, Akseli, geoo, ccexplore)
1/6 point: Steak (Simon)

You have no idea how ostracised I feel sometimes for being a freak who doesn't like pizza  :-[

7) What number birthday is the best one?

1 point: 21st (Insane Steve, Clam Spammer, möbius, geoo, ccexplore)
1/5 point: 50th (Simon)
1/5th point: 20th (Akseli)

YEA DRINKING

boo USA's ridiculously high legal drinking age

once again möbius make a wise last second switch here

8) Puzzle tiiiiiiiime. Each of you have the ability to fill in 100 pieces into a jigsaw puzzle per hour, and you all have an hour to kill. There is a 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 piece puzzle. Pick a puzzle. If you have enough people to finish in the hour, you feel a great sense of accomplishment, but that diminishes somewhat if you have too many people working on it. Your score is equal to the number of pieces you individually filled into the puzzle (so, (n/100)/number of people working, where n is the number of pieces in the puzzle). If you don't finish within the hour, you get frustrated and flip the table over. Also, you don't get any points.

100 piece (1 point): möbius
200 piece (1 point): geoo, ccexplore
300 piece (3/4 points): Insane Steve, Simon, Clam Spammer ("because THIS IS (a jigsaw of) SPARTAAAA!"), Akseli

Everyone finishes their puzzles with relatively good efficiency, and the poor janitor of the puzzle piece room gets a day off from cleaning the broken dreams of jilted puzzlers from the ground.

möbius switched off of 500 to 100. Are you a wizard?

9) There is another cave with possible treasure to explore! Yay! This one only has four branches, also. You hear that there might be dragons in the cave, though, so you hope to stick together as much as possible before reaching the possible treasure. At every turn, score .05 points * the number of people still with you. There aren't actually any dragons, though, and there is treasure -- in every single branch, in fact! The problem is that if you get to the end with someone else, you'll fight over how to divide the treasure and an imp will steal it all before you can get any. If you're alone, well, you don't have that problem. Score an additional .5 points if you are alone at the end of the cave.

Insane Steve: RRRR (Against my best instincts, since SAS wasn't available for dragon frequency analysis)
Simon: LLRR
Clam Spammer: RRLL
möbius: LLLR
Akseli: LLLL
geoo: LLLL
ccexplore: RLRR

Insane Steve: .3 + .1 + .05 + 0 + .5 = .95
Simon: .3 + .15 + .15 + 0 + .5 = 1.1
Clam Spammer: .3 + .1 + .05 + 0 + .5 = .95
möbius: .3 + .15 + .15 + .1 + .5 = 1.2
Akseli: .3 + .15 + .15 + .1 + 0 = .7
geoo: .3 + .15 + .15 + .1 + 0 = .7
ccexplore: .3 + .1 + 0 + 0 + .5 = .9

möbius changes his answer again from something to the best possible answer. Everyone leaves with treasure except geoo and Akseli who have both been taking their advice from Lemmings level titles a bit literally. Turns out that I was mistaken and there actually were dragons in the cave, but fortunately we all avoided them.

10) Insane Steve's House For the Situationally Disadvantaged, which is far and away better than every one of those soup kitchens out there that refer to their patrons as bums behind their backs, is offering food today. One-armed Jack (see, we even HIRE the situationally disadvantaged, too!) makes the soup with love and care, but he can only make .15 li^H^H quarts (almost forgot I was American there) of soup a hour (you try making soup with one arm). Pick a time to come in and get soup -- you get whatever soup has been made at that time, and one point per quart of soup. You split the soup if you pick the same time as someone else.

Alternatively, because we're even more awesome than soup kitchens, you can get a delicious salisbury steak instead of your soup. The problem being that we're currently having a bit of a row with our suppliers about matters that do not concern you and only get three steaks a day -- at midnight, 8:00, and 16:00. If you come for a steak at the same time as someone else, you'll have to share it. Score 1 point divided by the number of people who show up for a steak as you. You may only choose one of either soup or steak, though, and may only pick one time of the day to come in. Insane Steve's House For the Situationally Disadvantaged is a non-profit organization and is not made of money.

Akseli: steak at 8:00 (1 point)
möbius: steak at 8:23 (0 points, Akseli already ate the steak at 8:00 and the midnight steak went bad)
Insane Steve: steak at 16:00 (1 point)

ccexplore: soup at 5:57 (.8925 point)
Simon: soup at 19:20 (2.0075 points)
geoo: soup at 22:54 (.535 points)
Clam Spammer: soup at 23:45 (.1275 points)

möbius a bit confused at when the steaks arrive and misses his chance to get one. Simon hogs almost all of the soup, leaving not very much for the latecomers.

11) Time paradox! Guess how many people will finish ahead of you, as of scoring by this question. Score 1 point if correct, .8 points if off by 1, .6 if off by 2, etc. You cannot score negative points for this question. If the scores are close enough, you will create a TIME PARADOX. Time paradoxes are awesome. Gain an additional .5 points if your overall rank improved as a result of this question for each rank you improve. If this bonus causes another time paradox, score another .5 points, etc., until a stable time loop is reached.

ccexplore: 9.1258 points
Simon: 8.9742 points
möbius: 8.95 points
Insane Steve: 8.5 points
geoo: 8.3017 points
Clam Spammer: 7.9108 points
Akseli: 6.8833 points

Some close scores at the top, let's see if a TIME PARADOX is reached:

Insane Steve: 3 (1 point)
Simon: 2 ( .8 point)
Clam Spammer: 4 (.8 point)
möbius: 2 (1 point)
Akseli: 3 (.4 points)
geoo: 2 (.6 points)
ccexplore: 3 (.4 points)

Adding up the scores:

möbius: 9.95 + 1 = 10.95 points
Simon: 9.7242 points
ccexplore: 9.5258 points
Insane Steve: 9.5 points
geoo: 8.9017 points
Clam Spammer: 8.7108 points
Akseli: 7.2833 points

möbius successfully TIME PARADOXES his way to the top of the leaderboard, and picks up some extra style points for good measure.

Thanks for playing everyone!

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
Rrrrrr! You pizza-centerd guys didn't want to name the tasty steak from the bum shop?

2nd place still very good, congrats to möbius for doing really great on this one, and thanks to the host!

-- Simon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2013, 09:19:37 PM »
möbius switched off of 500 to 100. Are you a wizard?

I heard from IRC that at some point when mobius got tired of waiting for scoring, he peeked at the answers since the password to the Quizmaster account hadn't been changed.  But I'm sure that has nothing to do with anything...I think...... :P

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
Family Feud ROUND 16 OPEN!
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2013, 05:19:44 AM »
Welcome to Holiday Feud round 16! Yes, it's still christmas time. Well, it was when I wrote the questions and expected to post them, anyway. Just pretend it's christmas day when you answer, okay? :P

Questions 1-6 are common answer questions. Questions 7-9 technically aren't questions because they don't contain question marks. They are still worth points though.

1. Name a colour associated with Christmas.

2. Name a country where you might celebrate Christmas South of the Equator.

3. Sadly, nothing lasts forever. Including Christmas. And Family Feud. How many more rounds of Family Feud will there be after this round?

4. Family Feud rounds used to run for 3 days, but the last few rounds have gone on longer, up to 17 days in some cases *cough*. Clearly this isn't ideal. But writing and scoring a round every 3 days is hard to keep up. So, for the long term, how many days should each round last for?

5. Family ____! Name a two-word phrase that includes the word "family". You may not pick "family feud", for obvious reasons. (Obviously.)

6. Name a word that starts with the letters "clam" that isn't "clam".

7. A new soup kitchen has opened in bumsville, but there's a problem: there are no volunteers! Some of you bums will have to help out by serving the other bums. The kitchen is open from midnight 00:00 to midnight 24:00. You may choose any time of day (to the minute) to arrive, and you may choose to either collect soup or volunteer to serve soup.

Volunteers: You stay at the soup kitchen until another volunteer arrives and throws you out (you're still bums, remember :P), up to a maximum of 6 hours (because you bums don't know what it's like to put in a full day's work). You gain 0.5 points for each hungry bum you serve.

Hungry bums: You stay at the soup kitchen until another hungry bum arrives and throws you out. As long as you and a volunteer are present, you get soup at a constant rate of 0.15 litres per hour. As usual, 1 litre = 1 point.

Also, in case you're wondering why there are so many soup kitchens around here:
Quote from: #lix log, 15 November 2012
[09:57:18]   <Clam_Spammer> it turns out every building in bum town is a bum shelter with food
[09:57:25]   <Porcupine> except the cave
[09:57:37]   <Clam_Spammer> lots of edible bats in the cave
[09:57:45]   <Porcupine> And the hardware store where you go buy buckets and ladles
[10:01:42]   <Clam_Spammer> and the rock-paper-scissors dojo
[10:03:17]   <Clam_Spammer> the cave entrance is a hidden passage out the back of the bum shelter

8. It's time for the happy feuding family to gather around the Christmas tree and open the presents! You can choose to give a present and receive some in return, be a humbug who doesn't give or receive presents, or be a grinch who tries to steal presents.
  • If you give a present, you and the other givers gain an equal share of presents under the tree, after the grinches take theirs. Score 1 point per present you receive. The presents consist of highly shareable candies, so fractions are allowed.
  • If you choose to be a humbug, you don't receive any presents. However, because you aren't distracted by the carol-singers at the door (which of course is a cunning diversion), you can attempt to catch the grinches who try to steal presents. If there are more grinches than humbugs, then you are overwhelmed and the grinches get away with their loot. Otherwise, you catch the grinches, scoring 1 point per grinch, shared among humbugs.
  • If you choose to be a grinch, you steal one present if you aren't caught by the humbugs (see above). If there are more grinches than presents, you'll have to share the spoils. Score 1 point per present you end up with.

9. Christmas is over! Yes, already. Actually, when it ends is up to you! You put up your festive decorations back in Round 8, and now you have to decide when to take them down. Choose a day between Boxing Day (December 26) and January 31 to un-deck the halls. That's 37 dates to choose from.
  • If you're first (or equal first), everyone will scorn you for your lack of holiday spirit, and you score zero.
  • If you're last (or equal last), everyone will criticise your laziness, and you score zero.
  • If you pick the same day as someone else, you'll be Completely Unoriginal and score 1 point divided by the number of people who undecorate on that day.
  • If you survived all that holiday madness unscathed, then congratulations! You score 1 point.

Wrap up your answers and put them in the Quizmaster's christmas stocking (aka. PM folder)!

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2013, 04:07:02 AM »
Time paradox! Somehow we've run into a time warp which has reset the answers to round 15 back to before möbius changed any of them. Let us re-score:

1) What is the worst level of Lemmings 1?

1 point: Hunt the Nessy (Insane Steve, Akseli, geoo, ccexplore)
3/4 point: We All Fall Down (Simon, Clam Spammer, möbius)

2) Name a tribe from Lemmings 2.

Classic: 1 point (Insane Steve, Simon, Clam Spammer, möbius, geoo, ccexplore)
Beach: 1/6 point (Akseli)

3) Who on the forums is the best Lemmings player?

1 point: ccexplore (Simon, Clam Spammer, möbius, geoo, ccexplore)
2/5 point: geoo (Insane Steve, Akseli)

4) You're at a restaurant. What do you order to drink?

1 point: soda (Insane Steve, Simon, möbius)
2/3 point: water (Akseli, geoo)
1/3 point: beer (ccexplore)
1/3 point: Diet Lemmingaid (Clam Spammer)

5) Did you eat breakfast today?

1 point: Yes (Simon, Clam Spammer, Akseli, ccexplore ["but only for Feud purposes"])
3/4 point: No (Insane Steve, geoo,  möbius)

6) Name any food (I'm a bit hungry if you can't tell).

1 point: Pizza (Insane Steve, Clam Spammer, möbius, Akseli, geoo, ccexplore)
1/6 point: Steak (Simon)

7) What number birthday is the best one?

1 point: 21st (Insane Steve, Clam Spammer, geoo, ccexplore)
1/4 point: 50th (Simon)
1/4 point: 20th (Akseli)
1/4 point: 18th (möbius)

8)

200 piece (1 point): geoo, ccexplore
300 piece (3/4 points): Insane Steve, Simon, Clam Spammer ("because THIS IS (a jigsaw of) SPARTAAAA!"), Akseli
500 piece (0 points): möbius

Unfortunately for the janitor, this time paradox means he has to come in for work today on late notice.  :-[

9)

Insane Steve: RRRR
Simon: LLRR
Clam Spammer: RRLL
möbius: RLLR
Akseli: LLLL
geoo: LLLL
ccexplore: RLRR

Insane Steve: .3 + .15 + .05 + 0 + .5 = 1
Simon: .3 + .1 + .1 + 0 + .5 = 1
Clam Spammer: .3 + .15 + .05 + 0 + .5 = 1
möbius: .3 + .15 + .05 + 0 + .5 = 1
Akseli: .3 + .1 + .1 + .1 + 0 = .6
geoo: .3 + .1 + .1 + .1 + 0 = .6
ccexplore: .3 + .15 + .05 + 0 + .5 = 1

The scores for this one become disappointingly very similar for everyone who got treasure. The dragons still go hungry, too 8)

10)

Akseli: steak at 8:00 (1 point)
möbius: steak at 8:23 (0 points, Akseli already ate the steak at 8:00 and the midnight steak went bad)
Insane Steve: steak at 16:00 (1 point)

ccexplore: soup at 5:57 (.8925 point)
Simon: soup at 19:20 (2.0075 points)
geoo: soup at 22:54 (.535 points)
Clam Spammer: soup at 23:45 (.1275 points)

11)

ccexplore: 9.2258
Simon: 8.9242
Insane Steve: 8.9
geoo: 8.5517
Clam Spammer: 7.9608
Akseli: 6.8333
möbius: 6.75

Insane Steve: 3 (.8 point)
Simon: 2 (.8 point)
Clam Spammer: 4 (1 point)
möbius: 5 (.8 point)
Akseli: 3 (.6 points)
geoo: 2 (.8 points)
ccexplore: 3 (.4 points)

Simon: 9.7242 + .5 = 10.2242
Insane Steve: 9.7 + .5 = 10.2
ccexplore: 9.6258
geoo: 9.3517
Clam Spammer: 8.9608
möbius: 7.55 + .5 = 8.05
Akseli: 7.4333

And with that, Simon becomes the Time paradox champion. Again. Woooooo time paradox

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud ROUND 16 OPEN!
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2013, 11:06:30 PM »
up to a maximum of 6 hours (because you bums don't know what it's like to put in a full day's work).

Funny considering that in most workplaces a "full day's of work" is 8 hours (possibly less if they exclude your lunch hour for pay purposes), not all that far off from the 6...... ;)

Also, I just noticed question 7 didn't specify how to break ties (ie. two or more volunteers/bums arriving simultaneously).

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud ROUND 16 OPEN!
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
Well, if I was expecting more players, it could have been 3 or 4 hours and there'd still be a good chance of covering most of the 24 hours. Or it could just open for half the day only (now there's an idea, too bad I can't change it now...) In the meantime, just know that you're not working truly full-time and are therefore slightly lazy. :P

As for ties, how about we share the points like before:
  • If multiple volunteers show up at the same time, they serve together until another volunteer throws them out, and share the points equally (0.5/n per bum served).
  • If multiple hungry bums show up at the same time, they get served together until another hungry bum throws them out, and share the points equally (0.15/n per hour in the presence of a volunteer).
In the above cases, you could consider the outcome as the average of (i) bum A showing up slightly later and getting all the points, (ii) bum B showing up slightly later and getting all the points, etc. if 3 or more are tied.
  • If a volunteer and a hungry bum arrive at the same time, both throwings-out happen simultaneously, so there's no overlap (i.e. previous volunteer doesn't serve new bum, new volunteer doesn't serve previous bum).
  • In case of more complicated ties (eg. a volunteer and 2 hungry bums all arrive at once), hopefully we can work out something by combining the above. I might even consider awarding you bonus points for subverting the laws of probability :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:43 AM »
Rrrrrr! You pizza-centerd guys didn't want to name the tasty steak from the bum shop?

2nd place still very good, congrats to möbius for doing really great on this one, and thanks to the host!

-- Simon

since the bum shop question comes after the food question; I wouldn’t have thought of that unless I went back to think about it after the bum question. After mentioning pizza earlier I thought for sure everybody would think of pizza.

I’m really surprised everybody said yes on the breakfast thing. And ccexplore even chooses “yes” just for the feud. I thought the general consensus is most people don’t eat breakfast (even though it is very good for you and is the most important of the day). Maybe that’s only a thing in my area. I know America, especially the south is more unhealthy on average than many other countries around the world.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud ROUND 16 RESULTS
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2013, 06:04:24 AM »
You wanted 7 days, so 7 days it is! A record-equalling low 5 people entered round 16.

1. Name a colour associated with Christmas.

white: 2
red: 2
green: 1

Santa and candy canes win over trees and mistletoe.

2. Name a country where you might celebrate Christmas South of the Equator.

New Zealand: 3
Australia: 2

The holiday Quizmaster's southern base gets a nod over the somewhat larger country next door :D

3. Sadly, nothing lasts forever. Including Christmas. And Family Feud. How many more rounds of Family Feud will there be after this round?

10: 2
4: 1
3: 1
1: 1 (changed from 4)

The latter answer is quite possibly a winner if we score by correctness instead :(

4. How many days should each round last for?

7: 4
4: 1

Once a week, how appropriate for a quality gameshow :)

5. Family ____! Name a two-word phrase that includes the word "family".

Family Guy: 2 (plus one honourable mention)
Family fun: 1
Family tree: 1
Family time: 1

Staying with the TV show theme here.

6. Name a word that starts with the letters "clam" that isn't "clam".

clamp: 3
ClamSpammer: 2

Other possible answers (not including ClamSpammer - though I'm flattered, of course :)) can be found here. Rather a lot of them too.

7. A new soup kitchen has opened in bumsville! The kitchen is open from midnight 00:00 to midnight 24:00. You may choose any time of day (to the minute) to arrive, and you may choose to either collect soup or volunteer to serve soup.

Here's how the day panned out:

02:00 - möbius (volunteer) enters
02:06 - ccexplore (volunteer) enters, throws out möbius
08:06 - ccexplore (volunteer) leaves
08:21 - geoo (hungry) enters
10:02 - Simon (hungry) enters, throws out geoo
12:11 - Clam Spammer (volunteer) enters, serves Simon (Clam Spammer gets 0.5 points)
18:11 - Clam Spammer (volunteer) leaves (Simon gets 6 hours = 0.9L of soup)
24:00 - Closing time! Simon (hungry) leaves

möbius gets a mere 6 minutes work experience, ouch.

8. It's time for the happy feuding family to gather around the Christmas tree and open the presents! You can choose to give a present and receive some in return, be a humbug who doesn't give or receive presents, or be a grinch who tries to steal presents.

Give: 3 (1 point)
Humbug: 1 (1 point)
Grinch: 1 (0 points)

Simon and geoo get in a fight (geoo wins), and everyone else gets a full share of candy :)

9. Christmas is over! Choose a day between Boxing Day (December 26) and January 31 to un-deck the halls.

31 December (0)
9 January (1)
11 January (1)
13 January (1)
30 January (0)

Whether it's the birthday paradox or the christmas paradox, there wasn't much chance of a clash here. Especially with some responses quite near the endpoints :)

Now let's see who had the most profitable holiday season.

1st: Clam Spammer 8.17
2nd: geoo 8
3rd: Simon 6.57
4th: ccexplore 5.67
5th: mobius 4.42

Scoresheet attached as per usual.

Happy post-holidays all, and I'll see you in the new year later in the current year!

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud ROUND 17 OPEN!
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »
A feud about Lemmings and Lemmings levels!
The non-feud questions are a bit different this time, perhaps this will draw in some more players?
The feud will be open for about one week.

Family Feud

Note: you're encouraged to answer the first three questions without looking up.

1. Name a country that features lemmings.
2. Name a country that features clams.
3. Name a country that features capybaras.

4. What's the greatest enemy of a green haired lemming?

5. Which year will Simon finish Lix? (NEVER is a valid answer)

6. Which year will Insane Steve finish his 11th levelpack ISteve11? (NEVER is a valid answer)
For the record, his 10th pack was 30% finished in 2006 and finished in 2009, Steve wrote in June 2011 the ISteve11 needs only 2 or 3 more levels.

7. Which year will ccexplore's level "Brickout" be backroute-free? (NEVER is a valid answer)
Background: "Brickout" is a very hard level for Lix by ccexplore, which had at least 10 iterations of backroutes and backroute-fixes. The first version was released in early February 2012, and the last (up to now) in March 2012, and it has been backrouted. So right now there is no backroute-fixed version.

Lemmings level questions

Note: When I mean a level is solvable, I mean in Lemmix/Original Lemmings. I'll try to find a solution using your skillset, but if I can't, I might have to ask you for your solution.

8. It's Hero Time! You got one of each skill, 1 minute, and 25 lemmings at release rate 99.

Pick some out of the available 8 skills that are sufficient to save 24/25. (I'm easy on you, you don't have to save everyone!).
If someone else solves it with a subset of the skills of your choice, their solution is strictly superior and you get nothing.
If not, you get 1/x points where x is the number of players who picked exactly the skill combination as you.

9. Fun 20, "We are now at LEMCON ONE". Saving 30/50 required, 20 (14 if there's only 5 players, 17 if there's only 6 players) of each, release rate 10, 5 minutes.

Give a skillset with which you can solve the level. There's one issue though: the skills have to be shared
among all players. It might be that for some skill, the demands of all players add up to more than 20 (or 14 or 17).
In that case, the players with the highest demand for that skill (descendingly) lose, until the total demand
of the remaining players is at most 20 (or 14 or 17). Winning is only rewarding if someone else loses, so if no-one has lost
until now, the player(s) using the most skills in total lose. Everyone who doesn't lose wins and gets a point!

10. Now we play Fun 26, "Nightmare on Lem Street". 2/2 lemmings to save, release rate 30, 5 minutes. 20 builders,
but 10 of everything else! (Adapted skillset for the purpose of this challenge.)

Pick a skillset of at most 12 skills that allows to solve the level.
However, there's only limited supply of skills. Again, if the total demand of all players is higher than the available skill amount,
a conflict arises, but this time everyone who needs this skill loses.
Winning is only rewarding if someone else loses, so if no-one has lost
until now, the player(s) using the most skills in total lose. Everyone who doesn't lose wins and gets a point!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »
Hmm......I for one have to look up that term in Wikipedia...... :-\

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »
Sorry, I'm being stupid, I didn't look at the type of question and thought you were trying to get a clash rather than to avoid one....