Author Topic: mobius' lix level sets  (Read 4796 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
mobius' lix level sets
« on: August 19, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »
before you get excited; there's nothing new here... yet. (unless your new to this forum, then please try my levels)

Here are [the best of] my first 19 levels. I renamed some of them and tighty-ed them up a little. All of them are backroute tested pretty extensively except for 19.  I plan on posting this folder in the community set as well so that you can replace these with whatever versions you have currently in there. But I currently have three-hundred and thirty three posts and my karma count is three.....  ;P

On 19, Eye of the needle, I made a very simple edit to geoo’s first revision version. (which is the second version after my initial upload). I can’t back route it with the known ways yet, but we’ll see about that. If this works I won’t have to use geoo or Proxima’s separate version they made, sorry guys. :XD:

Hopefully there will be a set of more new levels soon!

EDIT: I fixed the problem with the order.txt. download this version.

@Simon, thanx, but...  Clam has no line breaks and his work  ???
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: mobius' lix level sets
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »
Fearful Symmetry is new, isn't it? Well, I haven't seen it before, so I attached my solution, together with one to Lixes in Arms (Migration), since the new version is much harder. (But isn't Lixes in Arms already the title of a level?)

About Eye of the Needle, it's okay of course, but you know the point of my edit was to avoid those very thin steel platforms, which your version still uses. If you're okay with that, then -- it's your level.

Titling the levels by number doesn't work any more -- you need to include a document in the folder called "_order.X" with the order of levels. I've attached one for this set with your suggested order -- though keeping Lixes in Arms in a position appropriate to the original Migration is absurd.

And talking of the order, Wrong Way's position suggests it's meant to be much harder than it is, so my solution may be a backroute.

Mod Edit: Restored attachments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:15:31 PM by Prob Lem »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »
thnx for the suggestions and for the order file. :) However it’s not working for me. My levels don’t get ordered correctly.

Fearful Symmetry isn’t new… but now that I think about it I may have made it for Lemmix and never redid this one for Lix. Yours is the correct solution.

And you right about the title to “migration”. Once again I got my levels mixed up and confused. I’ve changed it back. I didn’t realize it was that much harder. I’m glad anyway, because that is what I originally intended for this level. Your solution is slightly different; but not a backroute. (Mine just uses the blocker at the exit and I use a builder to block at the upper entrance.) I also added 30 seconds making the time 4 minutes. 3:30 was too tight after I tested it again. It doesn't change the solution anyway.

solution to wrong way is correct. The climber is a misdirection. In way of difficulty I thought it is kind of in the middle. 7 isn’t that hard is it? If you think it should be down much farther I’ll put it there (lower number I mean).
I won’t be too concerned with order in the future because I probably won’t upload that many levels at a time.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:42:47 PM »
solution to wrong way is correct. The climber is a misdirection. In way of difficulty I thought it is kind of in the middle.

IMO it's the easiest level in the whole set :P

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 07:46:51 PM »
Möbius: In _order.X.txt, you need linebreaks between the filenames.

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:10:42 AM »
Solution to "Downfall" at last 

Mod Edit: Restored attachments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:16:08 PM by Prob Lem »