Author Topic: Parallel Universe - A Lix Story  (Read 5529 times)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Parallel Universe - A Lix Story
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:02:17 PM »
Parallel Universe

The 'epic adventure' continued story..

During your adventure (Rubix's level set) you discovered 8 maps with blocked portals and after completing the maps, they have opened!
You decide to explore them in groups of six Lix and packing many abilities for safety.  Unfortunately the abilities somehow became split when the groups entered the portals!

Unknowingly, each group have materialized in a cave with identical landscape.

Getting home will now prove to be a difficult challenge.  Regrettably some friends will need to be sacrificed to let others make it back home!

Released in collaboration with Rubix's 'Epic Adventure' in the next update.
(Thanks IRC folks for all the play testing!)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Parallel Universe - A Lix Story
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:21:42 PM »
this is a really neat concept. I'll try to try these out when I have time  :thumbsup:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
Ok :)

Found a backroute on concrete while doing more testing, made a completely new puzzle for it instead.
Please re-download my file.

Thanks.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 05:18:26 AM »
Played (and solved) this today after some encouragement via IRC.

I like it! Single screen, colourful designs, range of difficulty, and even some fling bombers to play with :). I love the concept - an idea for the next contest maybe? ;) One thing I didn't like so much was being led to precise flinging at times (but then again maybe you don't need it and I'm just looking for trouble :P).

#7 (sandstone) was my favourite. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the one with the most skills and the only one of two (oops) 100% targets. It's really well fleshed out, while some of the levels feel quite minimal.

My estimate of difficulty order: 1-6-5-7-3-4-8-2. This is largely based on the amount of precision flinging I did while solving :). I think #2 could be moved to the end as a "kicker" to stump good players. It looks simple but it's not, great for screw value :D

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 05:36:03 AM »
Thanks.

You actually seem to look for flinging where its not even necessary.  But you are the fling master! 

i'll have to submit my replays for it after others have given it a go and you'll see where the maps are easier to solve than your precise fling solutions on a few maps.  Nicely done still.   

:thumbsup:

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
#7 (sandstone) was my favourite. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the one with the most skills and the only 100% target. It's really well fleshed out, while some of the levels feel quite minimal.

My estimate of difficulty order: 1-6-5-7-3-4-8-2. This is largely based on the amount of precision flinging I did while solving :). I think #2 could be moved to the end as a "kicker" to stump good players. It looks simple but it's not, great for screw value :D

the swamp is also 100%

and 2 was definitely not that hard  ??? ??? Did I just get lucky or find a backroute?

1 lemming on the right jumps, floats to the exit.
The lower left lemming platforms. If the jumper misses the exit you can use the other to bat him but otherwise you don't use the batter or miner
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 08:44:48 PM »
Doesn't work - the lower hatch faces left. If you got a different version where it faces right then you could say you got lucky ;)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:41 PM »
Doesn't work - the lower hatch faces left. If you got a different version where it faces right then you could say you got lucky ;)

Woops, I forgot already-- yeah it was like this:

make the left high lemming jump/float.
-make the lower lemming mine
-the floater lands right before him then bats him over, then he platforms across. I totally ignored the right top lemmings
still *not* very hard imo  :-\  :XD:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »
Yep ^

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 02:15:30 AM »
I re-solved some levels "properly" without abusing flinging so much. Definitely more fun this way :thumbsup: