Author Topic: Undamaged Levels (ONML etc.)  (Read 30794 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Undamaged Levels (ONML etc.)
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »
Switching gears for a moment, here's what I have so far on L3 Egyptian levels 1-15:

2:  20
4:  20
5:  21
10: 20
11: 20
12: 20
13: 11
14: 23

Nothing interesting so far, except maybe 14 which is still nothing more than thoughtful placement of build bricks (screenshot attached anyway).

[edit: 13's result is not reported accurately.  Under the wacky "reserve" system in L3, the result reported by the game at the end would actually be 11, even though you actually just send a single lemming to the exit]

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
I started reviewing L3's Classic tribe again, more thoroughly, and found two overlooked ones so far: 14 and 19:

14: 11
19: 22

I'm not even convinced I really need to put clues here, but what the heck:

Quote from: Classic 14
Topmost lemming drops the bricks ("builder") to the bottom of the level, then blocks so he doesn't plunge to his death.  Bottom-most lemming picks up the suckers ("climber") and drops them at the bottom right corner for later use, then picks up the bricks.  Finally he heads right and builds a vertical stack to form a wall that he can then climb to reach the exit.

Quote from: Classic 19
I think the attached screenshots pretty much explain everything.  Just take your time when building to get the 2 bonus lemmings out of the pit, making sure the one not building doesn't get trapped.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
Finally found something more replay worthy in L3: Shadow 4 undamaged saving 21.

A movie is really too big this time, so I've attached the L3 replay file instead.  To use, create (if not already exist) a folder under the root folder of the game.  Name that folder the number of your load/save slot (1 thru 8).  Then copy the attached replay file into said folder.  In the game, after loading from the slot you picked for the folder and replay, the map screen should show an "R" for Shadow level 4 (ie. at the upper-right of the box where it displays the words "level 4"), indicating a replay exists for the level.  To run the replay, right-click instead of left-click on the level.  The level will start with "R" displayed at upper-right of screen indicating replay is active.  Now just sit back and watch the action unfolds.  Be sure to avoid fast-forward though as it may screw up the execution of the replay!

Quote from: outline of solution
The two key tricks are:
1) a very tightly bunched group of lemmings (essentially compressed to the exact same spot, or something very close to that) can all pass through a disappearing platform before the platform is no longer walkable on.  I see this as simply a logical outcome of how the disappearing platforms work (ie. they start disappearing once a lemming steps on it, but the disappearance is not instantaneous).

2) As the replay shows, you can set the blocker at the location basically where the spades were, and it will cause the psycho buzzard to repeatedly try to snatch the blocker and fail.  While the bird's distracted you can easily get your lemmings to the exit without paying attention to the bird at all.  Then again, I guess you can use the kids mode and just not have the bird appear.

Other results in Shadow 1-10:

1: 20
2: 20
3: 11
4: 21
5: 12
8: 20
9: 22

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
Switching gears for a moment, here's what I have so far on L3 Egyptian levels 1-15:

Nothing interesting so far

Things didn't get much more interesting in 16-30 :-\, although there was one close call.

18: 20 (unavoidable nuke damage)
23: 21 (unavoidable nuke damage)
27: 21 (damaged disappearing platforms (obviously!))
28: 20 (unavoidable nuke damage)
30: 11 (glitch: see the second bullet point in this post; also unavoidable nuke damage)

Annoying near-miss: 24. It looks like you can't quite squeeze a lemming into the alcove with the extra bricks, nor to the exit without them. In a way it's kind of a relief though, since saving the rest would have been a nightmare to execute :P

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »
I haven't been here since 2015. I found out my undamaged thread is gone. :lem-mindblown: I wanted to see the list of the impossible levels to beat. That was a really cool challenge. It brings back memories.:XD:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:33:20 PM by Luis »
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2018, 05:01:03 PM »
We tried to migrate over as many of existing threads on the forum as we can when we moved from lemmingsforums.com to lemmingsforums.net, but I do seem to remember there might have been some losses?

There's a chance though you may still be able to find a copy of your lost thread through the wayback machine aka http://www.archive.org (enter the old lemmingsforums.com URL into the box at the top labeled "wayback machine").  Give it a try and let us know.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »
The original thread is still there, just the old link broke: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1490.msg38600#msg38600

As far as I recall there were no losses during the migration.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2018, 05:48:46 PM »
Thanks. Unfortunately photobucket made it impossible to show pictures without paying them so the pictures in that thread are blocked. It ruined my posts.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2018, 01:56:28 AM »
As far as I recall there were no losses during the migration.

Yeah, I guess it was not from the migration but stuff that happened before.  Specifically I seem to recall due to an infamous outage incident on the old domain before we migrated, there were threads within some window of time which could not be recovered from the outage incident (like it was on some server or database that only Adam had the password to or something?)  Anyway, details are hazy in my mind but that was what I was thinking of in terms of threads that might have been lost to time.  In any case, irrelevant as you've shown that the specific thread Luis is looking for did get migrated over.

@Luis:  probably a long shot but the Wayback Machine might also have saved a copy of the pictures from Photobucket.  At least it's worth a try and see if it does?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2018, 04:24:51 AM »
Ok, so I tried the archive.org thing and it didn't work, no archived copies were saved.

Do you still remember you account login info on photobucket?  I'm wondering if you logged into your photobucket account (and assuming it still lets you do so without paying) maybe it'll at least let you download your own files to your own computer for free.  Then you can perhaps just edit the affected forum posts and include the pictures as attachments instead.  This current incarnation of the forum allows you to view picture attachments in-line (kind of) without having to download them.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2018, 05:46:04 AM »
All of my pictures are still saved in Photobucket and can be downloaded and uploaded to Imgur. That's a lot of pictures though because I also have this thread where I made PSP versions of other people's levels: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1415.msg36266#msg36266

It looks like there's a quick fix to this. There's an extension that people can download to view those blocked pictures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKpfgteV6M
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2018, 09:01:23 AM »
Not everyone necessarily wants to use Chrome though, and besides there are some browsers and some platforms (think iOS) for which extensions are not currently supported.  So I'd call it more of a workaround than "a quick fix".

Also I can't help but wonder if Photobucket may eventually find some way around whatever trick the extension is using to bypass Photobucket's blocking.