Author Topic: Music from Mac versions of Oh No! More Lemmings and Holiday Lemmings  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Can anyone rip the music from these two games? No matter how hard I search, I can only find tune 1 and tune 5 from ONML.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Music from Mac versions of Oh No! More Lemmings and Holiday Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
The best I can do is to try recording it from the game itself as played on an emulator on my XP laptop.  Others who own an actual Mac can then judge how accurate the sound is?

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »
I think i did this for onml. it's probably somewhere in the archives or something.... :XD:

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=51.msg10680#msg10680

There. It still exists! Sound quality's not great; it was a recording via an emulator (because my computer now is too new), so there may be a little bit of skipping in the music, but tbh the quality was never amazing to begin with.

I think I tried to make each track run twice through completely before stopping the recording (but it will just stop suddenly after that). I can't remember if this was exactly how it happened, but I do remember downloading someone else's recordings of the L1 music and finding that they'd cut off one or two of the tracks before they were actually finished; only by a second or two but enough to make it useless for me.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 11:21:43 PM »
Hmm, DropBox gives a 404 error ("we can't find the page you're looking for") when I click on the link to try to download. :(

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 05:12:05 AM »
Well, I managed to rip all of the music from these games. These are perhaps the cleanest rips possible from an emulator.

Lemmings: MP3, WAV
Oh No! More Lemmings: MP3, WAV
Holiday Lemmings: MP3, WAV

Interestingly, the Holiday Lemmings Mac soundtrack appears to have been composed for the Roland MT-32. Here are the MIDI files, as well as recordings of these files made with a recent version of Munt (an MT-32 emulator). Note that the MIDIs require an MT-32 (or a compatible device or emulator) for proper playback; they are <em>not</em> compatible with General MIDI.

Holiday Lemmings (MT-32): MP3, WAV, MIDI
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:09:54 AM by Tsyu »